release question

All Team and Association topics here

release question

Post by Guest »

My Kid has played AAA for the last 3 years and got cut and did not have a spot to play AAA as he was cut at the last moment. So we ended up signing with our home AA center The center is not very good. If I find him a spot on a AAA team this summer can I go and get a release from the AA team?

Re: release question

Post by Guest »

Yes you can.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 pm My Kid has played AAA for the last 3 years and got cut and did not have a spot to play AAA as he was cut at the last moment. So we ended up signing with our home AA center The center is not very good. If I find him a spot on a AAA team this summer can I go and get a release from the AA team?
Why are you chasing the last spit on AAA, your son will never see the ice

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:40 pm
Guest wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 pm My Kid has played AAA for the last 3 years and got cut and did not have a spot to play AAA as he was cut at the last moment. So we ended up signing with our home AA center The center is not very good. If I find him a spot on a AAA team this summer can I go and get a release from the AA team?
Because we are in a shitty OMHA centre on a A team that play AA and I can't play AA in the G. He nor I really care about the AA/AAA level but he's already become frustrated that the team can't pass or accept a pass and my only option out is AAA.

I also would not take just any spot as I already turned down a spot on the REPS. HC/OHF rules really screw him over

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:43 pm
Because we are in a shitty OMHA centre on a A team that play AA and I can't play AA in the G. He nor I really care about the AA/AAA level but he's already become frustrated that the team can't pass or accept a pass and my only option out is AAA.

I also would not take just any spot as I already turned down a spot on the REPS. HC/OHF rules really screw him over
Sounds like your kids is a 2012 if he's played three years of AAA. If the Reps are the only organization to offer a spot then AA likely is the right spot to play. There are teams in the GTHL that would take a kid if it will improve their team, just as I'm sure there are AAA teams in the OMHA that would take kids who are additive. Any legit AA organization won't hold your kid back from AAA.

Post by Guest »

Let me guess you are part of the Burlington organization

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:26 pm
Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:43 pm

Sounds like your kids is a 2012 if he's played three years of AAA. If the Reps are the only organization to offer a spot then AA likely is the right spot to play. There are teams in the GTHL that would take a kid if it will improve their team, just as I'm sure there are AAA teams in the OMHA that would take kids who are additive. Any legit AA organization won't hold your kid back from AAA.
Yes he's 2012 and He will be skating spring/summer league and tournaments with AAA teams I was just not sure if he was to find a spot if I could go or not.

Honestly I just wish he could play AA in the G with a good coach as he had 3 teams that wanted him before I found out I can't play AA in the G. All the closest teams to me are in the G

Re: release questio

Post by Guest »

If your kids got cut by your AAA center, you could ask for AAA waivers from AAA head coach. Then you could register an OMHA AAA team that offers spots for him if there are still one available. Most of team are full but you still could give a try. For AA you need your AA center release you but most likely they won’t do that.

Re: release questio

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:53 pm If your kids got cut by your AAA center, you could ask for AAA waivers from AAA head coach. Then you could register an OMHA AAA team that offers spots for him if there are still one available. Most of team are full but you still could give a try. For AA you need your AA center release you but most likely they won’t do that.
For AA even If I got my release I can't go to the G as we are not part of LOR for AA

Post by Guest »

Honest question... for next year, my son played 2 years of AAA hockey at the minor and major novice level, we don't want him playing for his home center AAA team next year, other surrounding teams have shown interest, not going to ask for a release but also not going to tryouts... after the 3rd tryout is he free to go anywhere? unless his home center signs him?