2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Re: 2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Post by Guest »

Oh wow, interesting! EE AA makes a lot of sense for top TR players. DD is very surprising to me, because why would top players playing on a top team in far southeastern Toronto, move to an upstart team with games mainly in the far west end?? DD also gained some strong NT A players, so it looks like they've done a great job recruiting.
Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:18 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:32 pm Has how TR’s roster changed?
Kids left for EE and DD

Post by Guest »

What about Leaside? How many players lost and roster generally upgraded or downgraded?
Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:29 am MI had a lot of changes, new coach who is known to be a great developer. Will be the fastest team in the loop. Question is did they improve in goal?

TA - team got worse, coach didn't get any of the players he was hoping for and all strong kids from last year went running for the hills based on crazy coach.

NYK - will be much different, top 3 goal scorers all gone

NT - stagnent, not much change.

Avs in West may not lose a game next season.

Rangers lost both goalies.

Duffield - drastically improved, and should win some games. Added strong kids from NT Select.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:05 am Oh wow, interesting! EE AA makes a lot of sense for top TR players. DD is very surprising to me, because why would top players playing on a top team in far southeastern Toronto, move to an upstart team with games mainly in the far west end?? DD also gained some strong NT A players, so it looks like they've done a great job recruiting.
Kids left for EE and DD
Perhaps the player who moved to DD lives more central? or maybe they moved?

I dont think anything about EE makes any sense. They will be an A team playing in the AA loop.

Post by Guest »

That makes more sense if it’s only one player. To me, the implication was that 6 top TR players are leaving, half for EE AA and half for DD A.

For EE AA, I assume they’re taking many of their existing stronger players, DM players remaining in AA, and a few top A players, giving them a better roster than 2023/24, but I have limited information about or interest in AA.
Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:39 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:05 am Oh wow, interesting! EE AA makes a lot of sense for top TR players. DD is very surprising to me, because why would top players playing on a top team in far southeastern Toronto, move to an upstart team with games mainly in the far west end?? DD also gained some strong NT A players, so it looks like they've done a great job recruiting.
Kids left for EE and DD

I dont think anything about EE makes any sense. They will be an A team playing in the AA loop.

Post by Guest »

I’ll take a stab at the final standings:

ARD
NYK
LF
DMM
TR
MI
NT
TA
SIR
TRTA
LFG
WHGH

Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:13 am
Guest wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:56 pm Any predictions for the 2024-2025 regular season standings? Not easy this far out, but I’ll go first:

DMM
ARD
NYK
LF
TRT
TA
NT
MI
SIR
LFG
TRTA
WHGH
Agree that it's still Spring and we are predicting the final result for next spring, however I'll counter with:

TRT
LF
NYK
DMM
ARD
NT
MI
TRTA

LFG
TA
SIR
WHGH

In the 1st Block, these top 8 that I feel will qualify for the Round Robin. I did rank them in the order that I feel they will finish, however top 4 are a bit interchangeable. Its just a guess, 10 months out. DMM new to the loop and have a lot to prove having come down from A. Dont quite think it will be enough to dominate the A loop as whatever talent they had likely fled. NYK, LF, and TRT all have solid foundation. They lost kids yes, but they did good job replacing. NYK will be strong in Goal, LF have solid defensive system, and TRT will have great offense. This will come down to whether NYK and LF can score, and whether TRT can defend.

ARD should be the best of the next 4. They can surprise and sneak into the top 4 but if they dont, they are surely a lock to finish 5th. rounding out the bottom 4 are NT, MI, and TRTA. NT and MI are what they are. They arent great but they will be there in the end. TRTA is just a guess as the Association has strong house league. This could obviously be 1 of the teams 9-12 but...

TA & SIR both lost players, and WH doesnt have as strong a program as LF or TRT. That 8th and final spot will likely be TRTA or LFG.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:05 am That makes more sense if it’s only one player. To me, the implication was that 6 top TR players are leaving, half for EE AA and half for DD A.

For EE AA, I assume they’re taking many of their existing stronger players, DM players remaining in AA, and a few top A players, giving them a better roster than 2023/24, but I have limited information about or interest in AA.
Kids left for EE and DD

I think 6 TR kids left. I dont think their top 6 left, just that 6 left. Some kids werent attracted to going to a losing AA program and opted to stay in a winning program.

Post by Guest »

But DD were 3-31… how is that a winning program? TR is already a highly successful team.
Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:11 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:05 am That makes more sense if it’s only one player. To me, the implication was that 6 top TR players are leaving, half for EE AA and half for DD A.

Kids left for EE and DD

I think 6 TR kids left. I dont think their top 6 left, just that 6 left. Some kids werent attracted to going to a losing AA program and opted to stay in a winning program.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:50 pm But DD were 3-31… how is that a winning program? TR is already a highly successful team.
Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:11 pm

Kids left for EE and DD

You misunderstood. TR lost 6 kids. Not all 6 were their best, and not all 6 went to EE. 1 went to Girls Hockey. 1 went up to AA TR. The other 4 were not top kids. Arguably their best forwards all stayed at A.

Post by Guest »

>>>But DD were 3-31
In reality, 1-32-1, two wins were forfeit because of VP bench ignoring rules

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:43 pm Are you sure NT is stagnant? I heard they lost a significant numbers of players, including many cuts, and several players to Duffield.

]quote=Guest post_id=122643 time=1715606947]
MI had a lot of changes, new coach who is known to be a great developer. Will be the fastest team in the loop. Question is did they improve in goal?

TA - team got worse, coach didn't get any of the players he was hoping for and all strong kids from last year went running for the hills based on crazy coach.

NYK - will be much different, top 3 goal scorers all gone

NT - stagnent, not much change.

Avs in West may not lose a game next season.

Rangers lost both goalies.

Duffield - drastically improved, and should win some games. Added strong kids from NT Select.
[/quote]

I have the NYK at 5-6 in the standing at best. They lost the top 3 players and replaced them with mediocre players, that's a huge hole they need to fill in.