Re: Brick 2024

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:43 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:50 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:13 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:16 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm

McDavid was injured that’s why he didn’t play. It’s the best youth tournament there is. Your kid obviously isn’t good enough and your angry about that.
Look enjoy it if your kid is going, stay in the moment, awesome memories and it's amazing fun for the kids. Some of the best hockey memories, it's cool. No need to say otherwise.

To the parents, all that said just remember nothing matters until these kids hit 12/13. Good luck everyone.
The Brick is not only the best tournament of your minor hockey career, it is the one that will define you as a 'Brick' kid for the next 4-5 years. You will be AAA, be on the best teams, carry a C or an A, build leadership, be in line for the best development coaches, make provincial/national teams, set you up for hockey post G/OMHA .. Brick is not the only thing, it is everything. Get your kid on a Brick team.
Buddy,
Look at the 2010/2011 that have fallen off.
Fallen off. Yes some. They are all still relevant AAA players. Sorry your little guy didn't make the team. Stop trying to talk yourself through how your kid is going to finally breakthrough some wall and be a stud come U15. Yes there are some examples but they're very rare.
Thx for admitting.

Puberty is the equalizer.

Go play for Mario bros.
The taller one is the smarter one, the midget is the better hockey player.
You're absolutely correct. Your kid is going to learn how to skate and miraculously have hockey IQ when he hits puberty

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:16 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 pm Paying 15k to play hockey in a mall over a few days doesn’t mean anything. If you have the money go for it. Prior to skills money is the first prerequisite. So not all the top kids play in the Brick nor did McDavid.
McDavid was injured that’s why he didn’t play. It’s the best youth tournament there is. Your kid obviously isn’t good enough and your angry about that.
Look enjoy it if your kid is going, stay in the moment, awesome memories and it's amazing fun for the kids. Some of the best hockey memories, it's cool. No need to say otherwise.

To the parents, all that said just remember nothing matters until these kids hit 12/13. Good luck everyone.
The Brick is not only the best tournament of your minor hockey career, it is the one that will define you as a 'Brick' kid for the next 4-5 years. You will be AAA, be on the best teams, carry a C or an A, build leadership, be in line for the best development coaches, make provincial/national teams, set you up for hockey post G/OMHA .. Brick is not the only thing, it is everything. Get your kid on a Brick team.
OP - Please tell me this is sarcasm. Otherwise, I will have to conclude that you are one of those douchebag dads wearing your Brick jacket around 5 years after the tournament… Great tournament in a shitty rink surrounded by rich losers who are all 100% sure their kids are going to the show .

Post by Guest »

Listen up boyz. If you can bench 350 and do a little juice here and there. It ain’t nothing. Enjoy the ride Boyz. If you got the $$$ it ain’t nothing to play in the Bricks. We even got a Brick in my old neighborhood.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:33 pm Listen up boyz. If you can bench 350 and do a little juice here and there. It ain’t nothing. Enjoy the ride Boyz. If you got the $$$ it ain’t nothing to play in the Bricks. We even got a Brick in my old neighborhood.
on our team it is not all about the money at all.

Post by Guest »

Please remember not to take the Brick jacket off at the draft. Buy one for your kid from now. You don’t want to be denied entry at the draft.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:33 pm Listen up boyz. If you can bench 350 and do a little juice here and there. It ain’t nothing. Enjoy the ride Boyz. If you got the $$$ it ain’t nothing to play in the Bricks. We even got a Brick in my old neighborhood.
Flood the floor and crank the AC, watch the kids play from the comfort of plush leather couch.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:47 pm Please remember not to take the Brick jacket off at the draft. Buy one for your kid from now. You don’t want to be denied entry at the draft.
This is actually quite funny. How long does a kid carry the 'Brick Kid' label on his back? Big burden to carry throughout his minor hockey career.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:29 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:47 pm Please remember not to take the Brick jacket off at the draft. Buy one for your kid from now. You don’t want to be denied entry at the draft.
This is actually quite funny. How long does a kid carry the 'Brick Kid' label on his back? Big burden to carry throughout his minor hockey career.
well people put 'Brick invitational' on their https://www.eliteprospects.com/ accounts. You can hate the idea of the Brick or think it's stupid and means nothing...but in the hockey world it does mean something. I'm in my 40's, I didn't play hockey but it has definitely come up with my kids coaches and them saying how they went to the brick and then another dad will say they did too.

It's like an ivy league thing i guess..you can say all you want that going to an ivy league school isn't a big deal especially years later but it will always be impressive to someone.

Post by Guest »

What happened to being a good well rounded human being.

I would rather have my kid being a well liked kid, one that has career aspirations and does something from his career rather than be a brick wonder and then a total failure after

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:38 pm What happened to being a good well rounded human being.

I would rather have my kid being a well liked kid, one that has career aspirations and does something from his career rather than be a brick wonder and then a total failure after
same. I'm sorry but going to the Brick, the Q or even a D1 school someday does not guarantee a job or happiness at all.