Open borders coming in Ontario

General Talk about Minor Hockey in Canada and Hockey Canada Association

Re: Open borders coming in Ontario

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 pmFake news.
Fake news from a Trumpster glue sniffer

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:19 pm Well, open borders will be happening at AAA as trial for 2 years, its coming and will pass the omha agm this weekend. All you centers that hold kids will need to better up your programs, and its about time.
I hope so!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:54 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:19 pm Well, open borders will be happening at AAA as trial for 2 years, its coming and will pass the omha agm this weekend. All you centers that hold kids will need to better up your programs, and its about time.
I hope so!!
People start these bullshit rumours a couple of times a year. My aunt is on the executive of the OHF and it’s not happening.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:11 pm
I hope so!!
People start these bullshit rumours a couple of times a year. My aunt is on the executive of the OHF and it’s not happening.
Great for your wife , open borders within the omha have nothing to do with the ohf. Omha will be opening borders up to some degree internally to the omha. Save this post so you can apologize later on.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:17 am
I hope so!!
Great for your wife , open borders within the omha have nothing to do with the ohf. Omha will be opening borders up to some degree internally to the omha. Save this post so you can apologize later on.
So you are saying if you live in a "Grey" area.... you will have the right of choice where you want to play?

Post by Guest »

You clowns are hilarious. There's about 30 delusional idiots out there who think they're all going to the same team. Hahaha

IF there were open borders, here's what going to happen...

The best kids from the O are already in the G. The next best will head for the G and displace a handful of imports who aren't willing to fake an address to stay in the G.

The parents of those kids will get together, decide the most convenient location for them, buy a team through some form of sponsorship and promise to bring an "elite" core. They will bing in their own coach and the core parent group will run the team.

6F 4D will all be happy, but none will be safe. There is no loyalty among theives, especially when it comes to hockey parents who want their kid to be on a winning team. Lol

The AAA loop in the G is pretty centralized. If a kid lives in the G, travel and time doesn't change a whole lot no matter what team he plays for. I couldn't imagine what it would be like for kids who live in Whitby having to play and practice in Peterborough because Whitby sold team to the highest bidder. lol

In PEI, out of town players pay a higher reg fee. So fees will probably go up, because why would a town subsidize a team full of players who aren't from that town.

Open borders in O will be Pandora's box.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:28 am
You clowns are hilarious. There's about 30 delusional idiots out there who think they're all going to the same team. Hahaha

IF there were open borders, here's what going to happen...

The best kids from the O are already in the G. The next best will head for the G and displace a handful of imports who aren't willing to fake an address to stay in the G.

The parents of those kids will get together, decide the most convenient location for them, buy a team through some form of sponsorship and promise to bring an "elite" core. They will bing in their own coach and the core parent group will run the team.

6F 4D will all be happy, but none will be safe. There is no loyalty among theives, especially when it comes to hockey parents who want their kid to be on a winning team. Lol

The AAA loop in the G is pretty centralized. If a kid lives in the G, travel and time doesn't change a whole lot no matter what team he plays for. I couldn't imagine what it would be like for kids who live in Whitby having to play and practice in Peterborough because Whitby sold team to the highest bidder. lol

In PEI, out of town players pay a higher reg fee. So fees will probably go up, because why would a town subsidize a team full of players who aren't from that town.

Open borders in O will be Pandora's box.

Wow... you have thought about this.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:22 am
I hope so!!
So you are saying if you live in a "Grey" area.... you will have the right of choice where you want to play?
Yep, players will have choice...and the coaches will have more players to choose from.

Everybody wants their kid to be part of a good program, so get in line. In the end the coach or the money guy will pick whover they want for whatever reason they see fit.

Post by Guest »

I think a lot of families would support this if you were allowed right of choice in the OMHA if you are "registered" in the OMHA... this is allowed in the GTHL... move from team to team every year? I understand they are there own league but things evolve and so should minor hockey.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:37 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:22 am
I hope so!!
Yep, players will have choice...and the coaches will have more players to choose from.

Everybody wants their kid to be part of a good program, so get in line. In the end the coach or the money guy will pick whover they want for whatever reason they see fit.
How soon will this happen?