Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:09 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:18 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:06 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:33 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:15 am

Says the coach or parent...
I'm a parent, ex-head coach, and current assistant coach, only trying to offer advice. My son has had nothing to do with the Rattlers ever, he's been on the same team for the last 3 seasons. Good luck.
Sounds like you have a good team and parent group to stick around for 3 seasons. Happy to hear that based on what you read from this group and hear from other parents. This Rattlers team seems to be a total gong show
I heard Rattlers forwards look ok but they have no defence.
The Rattlers forwards look good for A but not AA. I was at the skate, I would agree the D's which came out is worse but forwards are not an improvement from last year. The few returning from the old team are not the greatest either. Their best players went to the Beast.
Rattlers will be bottom half next year. Unlike the Beast who replaced for better players, the Rattlers replaced for worse, and they lost strong defense
Where did D go?
AAA is a joke - anyone worth any skill will be in the top 3-4 teams - everyone else is aa leftovers. That is reality.
Kids or parents trying for bottom feeder aaa teams will be disappointed. First month and it’s over which will make for a toxic environment for both player and parents. If you’re honest you know if you have something special - otherwise it’s a waste of $$$. May not be a popular take but it the truth.

Re: 2010 GTHL AA West

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 pm

I'm a parent, ex-head coach, and current assistant coach, only trying to offer advice. My son has had nothing to do with the Rattlers ever, he's been on the same team for the last 3 seasons. Good luck.
Sounds like you have a good team and parent group to stick around for 3 seasons. Happy to hear that based on what you read from this group and hear from other parents. This Rattlers team seems to be a total gong show
The Rattlers forwards look good for A but not AA. I was at the skate, I would agree the D's which came out is worse but forwards are not an improvement from last year. The few returning from the old team are not the greatest either. Their best players went to the Beast.
Rattlers will be bottom half next year. Unlike the Beast who replaced for better players, the Rattlers replaced for worse, and they lost strong defense
Where did D go?
AAA is a joke - anyone worth any skill will be in the top 3-4 teams - everyone else is aa leftovers. That is reality.
Kids or parents trying for bottom feeder aaa teams will be disappointed. First month and it’s over which will make for a toxic environment for both player and parents. If you’re honest you know if you have something special - otherwise it’s a waste of $$$. May not be a popular take but it the truth.

To be honest, you sound bitter. Just saying.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:53 am
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 pm

Where did D go?

To be honest, you sound bitter. Just saying.
No, not bitter. Just seeing what’s going on.
No skin in the game. It’s just sad that’s it all about $$$.
G is fundamentally messed up

Post by Guest »

Have been to a few East AA skates. Lots of teams on that side still looking for players to round out rosters. Don’t think East Enders are looking but there is 4/5 other teams that are fairly competitive (slightly lower level than top teams in West) but if you haven’t found a spot yet in the West, might be worth the drive if you’re up to it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:15 am

Says the coach or parent...
Where did D go?
Streetsville

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:45 am

Where did D go?
Streetsville
sounds like a rat d parent talking out of their ass. goodluck eagles- hes's coming for you next.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 am Have been to a few East AA skates. Lots of teams on that side still looking for players to round out rosters. Don’t think East Enders are looking but there is 4/5 other teams that are fairly competitive (slightly lower level than top teams in West) but if you haven’t found a spot yet in the West, might be worth the drive if you’re up to it.
There are still options in West. If winning a few more games is so important that you would drive to the East, you are an idiot. Why does your son play hockey? So you can win? If he didn't make a top West team then look for a mid pack team. Is that not better than driving to Scarborough for games to get 5 additional wins? Is he so fragile he can't handle a .500 record?

Post by Guest »

Come to the Wolverines, everyone welcome

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am Come to the Wolverines, everyone welcome
I thought the Wolverines were done?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:37 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am Come to the Wolverines, everyone welcome
I thought the Wolverines were done?
I heard they still have one spot to fill.