2015 AA

Re: 2015 AA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:50 am
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:48 pm Couldnt you save money and win some trophy’s in U9
Could also just do private / clinics / power skating
I'm not holding my kid back by sending him to half ice after playing full ice effectively for the last two years. Common, thats just non-sense.

U7 shouldn't be half ice
U8 should absolutely not be half ice
U9 is RIDICULOUS if its half ice, have you seen the size of some of the kids? My kid isn't a giant, but hes probably top 4 biggest kid on most teams. I am not even convinced he would EVER get more than two or three full strides before hes on top of the other goalie if he played half ice.

You idiots paying for this non-sense, if your kid is pretty good, are idiots.

So, like I said - we play U9 KSL or we play U10AA those are the two options being weighed out.
In the same boat. Going with U9 KSL - reason that by being in KSL you will be seen by coaches of U10AAA as they own KSL teams as well. If you go towards U10AA, then it’s harder to get noticed as you are on separate loop. Then you rely on skates and tryouts rather than organically getting noticed

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:21 am
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:48 pm Couldnt you save money and win some trophy’s in U9
I'm not holding my kid back by sending him to half ice after playing full ice effectively for the last two years. Common, thats just non-sense.

U7 shouldn't be half ice
U9 is RIDICULOUS if its half ice, have you seen the size of some of the kids? My kid isn't a giant, but hes probably top 4 biggest kid on most teams. I am not even convinced he would EVER get more than two or three full strides before hes on top of the other goalie if he played half ice.

So, like I said - we play U9 KSL or we play U10AA those are the two options being weighed out.
In the same boat. Going with U9 KSL - reason that by being in KSL you will be seen by coaches of U10AAA as they own KSL teams as well. If you go towards U10AA, then it’s harder to get noticed as you are on separate loop. Then you rely on skates and tryouts rather than organically getting noticed
Another possible outcome is getting on a year up AA team that is good hockey and closer to home, at half the cost of AAA, for the next few years. Then make the jump to AAA at u13. The risk is being "out of the loop" for his age AAA. It all comes down to how much you believe your kid's talent and hard work will be enough to make him AAA caliber at u13 so none of that stuff matters.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:44 am 2014/2015 GT Capitals AA -
Head Coach Frank Murphy - (437) 267-8432

Evaluation Skate: Gord and Irene risk Arena - 6-7pm Friday,Feb 9, 2024.

cost: $30
Where are the GT Capitals based out of?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:33 am

U7 shouldn't be half ice

Another possible outcome is getting on a year up AA team that is good hockey and closer to home, at half the cost of AAA, for the next few years. Then make the jump to AAA at u13. The risk is being "out of the loop" for his age AAA. It all comes down to how much you believe your kid's talent and hard work will be enough to make him AAA caliber at u13 so none of that stuff matters.
AAA within my kids own age seems like a 50/50 shot right now. It will depend on how next season plays out. He's top 5 or 6 kids pretty much every time hes on the ice in U8 KSL.

What I am trying to figure out is what would be better development for him U9 KSL or U10AA. I could argue either way until I know for sure who the coaches will be. The only thing is, the added benefit of U10AA means he's now in the "System" of his home centre if he doesn't get to the point of being a AAA player (or gets shut out based on politics). I have no interest in my kid being a bottom 3 player in AAA when he can be top 3 player in AA and try to make a AAA team later in life.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:38 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:59 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:33 pm Hearing that Rattlers are going to be a solid team. Anyone know?
Where is this group coming from
VR Black Tier 2 (they could be playing Tier 1)
How could they be T1 quality when they are 3-2 in T2? Am I missing something here?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:38 am

U7 shouldn't be half ice

AAA within my kids own age seems like a 50/50 shot right now. It will depend on how next season plays out. He's top 5 or 6 kids pretty much every time hes on the ice in U8 KSL.

What I am trying to figure out is what would be better development for him U9 KSL or U10AA. I could argue either way until I know for sure who the coaches will be. The only thing is, the added benefit of U10AA means he's now in the "System" of his home centre if he doesn't get to the point of being a AAA player (or gets shut out based on politics). I have no interest in my kid being a bottom 3 player in AAA when he can be top 3 player in AA and try to make a AAA team later in life.
I think it would be partly determined by what KSL team and what tier will they be playing at. Personally if I were in your position. KSL tier 1/elite would be the first choice. Playing up AA would be second.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:29 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:33 pm Hearing that Rattlers are going to be a solid team. Anyone know?
How could they be T1 quality when they are 3-2 in T2? Am I missing something here?
3rd place t2 = t1

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:42 am

U7 shouldn't be half ice

I think it would be partly determined by what KSL team and what tier will they be playing at. Personally if I were in your position. KSL tier 1/elite would be the first choice. Playing up AA would be second.
Ksl, AA, aaa doesn’t matter at this age. Smart parents will go where the development is

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:26 am
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:42 am

U7 shouldn't be half ice

Ksl, AA, aaa doesn’t matter at this age. Smart parents will go where the development is
Agreed, but even if you know who the coach is, you don't always know how it will turn out.

So I get what that guy is saying, if his kid is good enough to play up, then it provides more options - but not necessarily better development. He would need to figure out what is better for his kid

Post by Guest »

bwhwhwhwhahaahaahaha. They COULD be playing tier and finish second last (only DB would be worse). VR Black is not even top of tier 2. lol