2013 A - MHL/GTHL

2013 A - MHL/GTHL

Post by Guest »

Any ideas on what’s going on with MHL teams for next season? Heard the Applewood Coyotes coach is leaving and team is folding. What are good options for A hockey around Mississauga?

Re: 2013 A - MHL/GTHL

Post by Guest »

It will be tough with so few teams left in MHL. Try Port Credit or talk to Erindale

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:53 pm It will be tough with so few teams left in MHL. Try Port Credit or talk to Erindale
Heartland has an A team too.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:54 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:53 pm It will be tough with so few teams left in MHL. Try Port Credit or talk to Erindale
I didn’t name it in my suggestion since that team is very controversial. The coach was reported to the league last year and there was a case against him. All their top players left and they are last in league. This year, the same coach has another case against him and hearing is ongoing with a player leaving mid-season. Heard parents are unhappy as kids didn’t develop and coach only plays a select few kids…anyway, I always avoid that team unless you can’t get anywhere else.

Other options would be Port Credit, West Mall as they may have players moving to AA. Or maybe Applewood find a coach..who knows..

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:08 pm
I didn’t name it in my suggestion since that team is very controversial. The coach was reported to the league last year and there was a case against him. All their top players left and they are last in league. This year, the same coach has another case against him and hearing is ongoing with a player leaving mid-season. Heard parents are unhappy as kids didn’t develop and coach only plays a select few kids…anyway, I always avoid that team unless you can’t get anywhere else.

Other options would be Port Credit, West Mall as they may have players moving to AA. Or maybe Applewood find a coach..who knows..
:mrgreen:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:08 pm

It’s getting tough with coaches in Mississauga. On one hand, there aren’t enough coaches available to coach A teams. Ona other hand, the ones that are there are like the Heartland example. These guys are sneaky and usually there to push ice time for their kid and their friend’s kid… :oops:

Post by Guest »

Look at their stats buddy. Wake up…crazy power drunk coach. Best to avoid and play Red..

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:08 am
Look at their stats buddy. Wake up…crazy power drunk coach. Best to avoid and play Red..
It's unfortunate the way the MHL is structured. There are some associations with teams in AA that would be better off in A but the organizations will never want to lose their teams and give up the registration fees. If they had the option for either AA or A with the same org then that would solve the issue.

Post by Guest »

I heard that most of applewood players leaving. So not sure what’s going to happen To team. I’m sure there will be a new coach.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:17 am
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:08 am
It's unfortunate the way the MHL is structured. There are some associations with teams in AA that would be better off in A but the organizations will never want to lose their teams and give up the registration fees. If they had the option for either AA or A with the same org then that would solve the issue.
Good observation. Similarly, the heartland A team should be in Red and then they might be competitive. The track record of coach is questionable and some clear behavioural issues. I also heard he can’t skate and can’t demonstrate drills. So he has some assistant coaches for that stuff…lol. too much drama

OP should try talking to some AA teams and other A teams…basically shop around and see what’s out there.