AA to JR A?

AA to JR A?

Post by Guest »

Honest question.

Son is a 2010 AA goalie and very good for his age. Does not want to play AAA because of politics (his friends have mentioned) and because he still likes his 60/40 split (in his favor)

Is there any realistic chance he can make a JR A team having only played AA? Or does have absolutely have to make a AAA jump. I know OHL is out of the question with only AA but have heard JR A is a real option for players (especially goaltenders) who have only played AA.

Re: AA to JR A?

Post by Guest »

I wouldn't concern yourself with this question. If your son is good enough, he can make it. Anything is possible in this life my friend.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:19 pm Honest question.

Son is a 2010 AA goalie and very good for his age. Does not want to play AAA because of politics (his friends have mentioned) and because he still likes his 60/40 split (in his favor)

Is there any realistic chance he can make a JR A team having only played AA? Or does have absolutely have to make a AAA jump. I know OHL is out of the question with only AA but have heard JR A is a real option for players (especially goaltenders) who have only played AA.
He sure can make it. The politics are gone at that level, what would have been there for AAA hockey. That being said the reality is that people who don't know your son will place some value on the last level he has played, kind of like pedigree. He may need to play his way up and work his way up from Jr. B. Nothing wrong with that, earning your way makes sense anyways.

Post by Guest »

Directly from AA, almost never. You could certainly play some Jr B and make the jump from there, plus you still have lots of time to make the jump to a AAA team that’s the right fit. At the moment, just make sure to enjoy your minor hockey ride regardless!

Post by Guest »

He will not make Junior A

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:14 pmHe will not make Junior A
Nostradamus in the house

Post by Guest »

If you aren't going to get game time at AAA then what makes you think you'd get it in JrA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:46 pm If you aren't going to get game time at AAA then what makes you think you'd get it in JrA
He has 4 more years in which he can make a AAA team by the sounds of it. He could also crack a Jr B team, excel and figure out options from there.

Post by Guest »

There are many kids that played AA in junior. There are many kids playing NCAA that played AA....there are many NHLer's that played AA.
If you're good you're good...junior is where the politics end.

Post by Guest »

Depends on how much money you plan to grease the coaches pockets with.

Return to “2004 And Younger”