Brick 2024

Re: Brick 2024

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:25 pm
Guest wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:33 pm
Guest wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:27 pm It does not automatically even out but playing in the Brick at this age means nothing either. Many who played didnt end up being that good as they got older and many who didn’t play in the Brick still made it far. Of course some Brick kids ended up playing high level hockey as well. The point is that at the end of the day the Brick does not really matter. It only matters to certain parents egos. FACTS.
there are plenty of parents bitter that their kids aren't playing in the brick too...i can't say they I think they deserve much if that's their attitude and good luck to them with other kids continue to get things that their kids dont.
Very real thing. Some parents see their kid and think he's better than all but a couple on the team and doesn't get the shot, the shine, etc.

Parents take it a lot more personal than others. 14 year old dads whose kids develop asking the old brick dads how that Brick shine feels when their kid wins, etc.

Had a buddy in the states whose kid didn't make a Brick team. Was furious for 2 years about politics etc. Then his kid's team beat the team who held the team control in his region and threw it in their faces. Realized how silly it all was for 10 year old hockey.
sounds healthy :roll: how about let's see what the kids are doing when they're 30.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:03 am
Guest wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 5:11 pm
Guest wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:05 pm
Guest wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:40 am
Guest wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:09 pm
Guest wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:47 pm

The other kid quit after being pulled for allowing 1 bad goal.

…..?
They lost a good goalie then for sure
Hockeydb says nothing about youth hockey at all.

If you want to think youth hockey doesn't matter and means nothing then fine...but why do so many parents try to get their kids in the 'best' programs and on the 'best' teams. I see parents with kids under 10 MOVE STATES for better hockey programs. If youth hockey didn't matter and meant nothing there would be no brick tournament in the first place.

I like when some people have a laid back attitude about things...but sadly you can't be laid back about hockey anymore if you want to stay competitive. I think some parents think they can do as they please throughout the kids youth and then in high school they will suddenly have the next wayne gretzky. If only...
Just calm down. All people are saying is that you don’t have to play in the Brick to be a great player.
The brick exists for all you crazys who are willing to cough up 10k+ to display your ego on a “national” stage. Just like “elite” divisions in tournaments. Don’t stop believing
Spoken like the parent of a kid who had no shot. So you put it down to make yourself feel better about your situation. Poor fella.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:29 am
Guest wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:09 pm

…..?

If you want to think youth hockey doesn't matter and means nothing then fine...but why do so many parents try to get their kids in the 'best' programs and on the 'best' teams. I see parents with kids under 10 MOVE STATES for better hockey programs. If youth hockey didn't matter and meant nothing there would be no brick tournament in the first place.

I like when some people have a laid back attitude about things...but sadly you can't be laid back about hockey anymore if you want to stay competitive. I think some parents think they can do as they please throughout the kids youth and then in high school they will suddenly have the next wayne gretzky. If only...
Just calm down. All people are saying is that you don’t have to play in the Brick to be a great player.
The brick exists for all you crazys who are willing to cough up 10k+ to display your ego on a “national” stage. Just like “elite” divisions in tournaments. Don’t stop believing
Spoken like the parent of a kid who had no shot. So you put it down to make yourself feel better about your situation. Poor fella.
And you propping it up to make yourself feel better.
Bottom line, your kid is obviously talented, but your ego is why he's going.
Its a money grab and your to stupid to care.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:51 am

I agree with this post.
Does anybody believe that a kid that makes a brick team is destined to make OHL or even higher.
OHL doesn't have 1 kid 5ft 5" so that would eliminate at least 2 or 3 kids per team.
look at the genetics people.
If dad is 5ft 5"......your kid isnt gonna be 6ft 2".......

Post by Guest »

you say 10k like that's a lot of money these days...sadly it isn't. I spent more than that on basic house repairs last week.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:55 am

I agree with this post.
Does anybody believe that a kid that makes a brick team is destined to make OHL or even higher.
OHL doesn't have 1 kid 5ft 5" so that would eliminate at least 2 or 3 kids per team.
Literally no one is saying that. You have insecure thoughts going through your own head. No one is propping themselves up. For someone that doesn't care, you sure seem to read through this forum thread titled "Brick" a lot. You're a loser buddy. None of us care what you think. Not one person going to Edmonton is losing sleep about the insecure dad's back home. Trust me. Go back yelling at your kid and telling your wife little Johnny could be here too but you turned the brick down because it's dumb. You can prop yourself up by hoping one day or say "when hitting starts" but... It won't matter

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:29 am you say 10k like that's a lot of money these days...sadly it isn't. I spent more than that on basic house repairs last week.
Now that's a good post...
So true...unfortunately

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:32 pm

I agree with this post.
Literally no one is saying that. You have insecure thoughts going through your own head. No one is propping themselves up. For someone that doesn't care, you sure seem to read through this forum thread titled "Brick" a lot. You're a loser buddy. None of us care what you think. Not one person going to Edmonton is losing sleep about the insecure dad's back home. Trust me. Go back yelling at your kid and telling your wife little Johnny could be here too but you turned the brick down because it's dumb. You can prop yourself up by hoping one day or say "when hitting starts" but... It won't matter
I'm over 6'3 tiny man and have an older son in hitting.
If you don't believe hitting changes the game you are in for a TALL surprise...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:16 pm

I agree with this post.
Going to the brick doesn't mean much...there I said it. Getting all A's in middle school doesn't necessarily mean much either.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:16 pm

I agree with this post.
You hear that DG and CL?
5’9” and 5’5” aren’t good genes