ETA 2007

All Team and Association topics here

Re: ETA 2007

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:41 pm I wonder who the few Coaches are ??
Who cares, it’s just going to be someone bashing a coach who cut their kid or who isn’t giving their kid the ice time mom/dad think they deserve.

Better to use this forum now for stuff like draft discussions at this age, not whining about coaches. I looked at last years draft and here are some stats from the ETA:

3 first rounders
6 kids in first 2 rounds 15% (4 D, 2 Forwards)
Typically kids in the first 2 rounds sign with OHL clubs.

So only 2 forwards in the first 2 rounds and I believe only 1 of them is getting a regular shift in the OHL. The first ETA kid picked was a dman and he is getting a regular shift as well.

3rd round had 4 kids and 4th round had 5 kids, so total of 15 kids in first 4 rounds (19% of picks)

Just wanted to put things into perspective for everyone, there might be 4 kids from ETA 2006 getting decent ice time in the OHL this year. Lots of healthy scratches and limited minutes if they are one of the “lucky ones” and crack a roster.

ETA had a total of 50 kids drafted of 303, which is about 17% of all kids drafted.

Of the 50 there was 32 forwards, 15 D and 3 goalies

Here are the teams:

QRD - 11 (4 D, 5 F, 2 G)
APR - 8 (4 F, 3 D, 1 G)
YSE - 7 (D 1, F 6)
NCP - 6 (F 4, D 2)
MW - 6 (F 4, D 2)
CT - 5 (F 4, D 1)
RHC - 4 (F3, D 1)
KJG - 2 (F 2)
BC - 1 (F 1)
COW, PP, WW, OG - 0

Also another stat I looked up, of the top 10 scoring leaders last year in the ETA, 4 of them went un drafted.

I Don’t mean to be a debbie downer, just wanted to put things into perspective for everyone. I’ve heard of families throwing draft parties for their kids because little Johnny was top 10 in scoring, and then never gets drafted. There is only 1 kid that isn’t at least a little disappointed on draft day.

Enjoy the stats, I had a slow day at work this week and love stats, so thought I would share.

Any predictions for this year? And not just some crazy parent saying their team is going to have 15 kids drafted or we have 3 first rounders, lol.

I could see the overall numbers staying the same, but I think kids from ETA drafted in first 2 rounds might be lower. Maybe 3 or 4? I don’t see a whole lot that could make the jump next year. I actually think ETA will have the least amount of top 2 rounders out of Alliance, SCTA, GTHL and HEO.

As far as how many from ETA will get decent ice time and play a somewhat regular shift? That’s a tough one as it depends a lot on what teams draft what players, but I would say there could be 3 or 4 again playing a regular shift. Exciting year for the boys, just remember, the OHL draft is not the “be all and end all”

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:00 am
Guest wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:41 pm I wonder who the few Coaches are ??
Who cares, it’s just going to be someone bashing a coach who cut their kid or who isn’t giving their kid the ice time mom/dad think they deserve.

Better to use this forum now for stuff like draft discussions at this age, not whining about coaches. I looked at last years draft and here are some stats from the ETA:

3 first rounders
6 kids in first 2 rounds 15% (4 D, 2 Forwards)
Typically kids in the first 2 rounds sign with OHL clubs.

So only 2 forwards in the first 2 rounds and I believe only 1 of them is getting a regular shift in the OHL. The first ETA kid picked was a dman and he is getting a regular shift as well.

3rd round had 4 kids and 4th round had 5 kids, so total of 15 kids in first 4 rounds (19% of picks)

Just wanted to put things into perspective for everyone, there might be 4 kids from ETA 2006 getting decent ice time in the OHL this year. Lots of healthy scratches and limited minutes if they are one of the “lucky ones” and crack a roster.

ETA had a total of 50 kids drafted of 303, which is about 17% of all kids drafted.

Of the 50 there was 32 forwards, 15 D and 3 goalies

Here are the teams:

QRD - 11 (4 D, 5 F, 2 G)
APR - 8 (4 F, 3 D, 1 G)
YSE - 7 (D 1, F 6)
NCP - 6 (F 4, D 2)
MW - 6 (F 4, D 2)
CT - 5 (F 4, D 1)
RHC - 4 (F3, D 1)
KJG - 2 (F 2)
BC - 1 (F 1)
COW, PP, WW, OG - 0

Also another stat I looked up, of the top 10 scoring leaders last year in the ETA, 4 of them went un drafted.

I Don’t mean to be a debbie downer, just wanted to put things into perspective for everyone. I’ve heard of families throwing draft parties for their kids because little Johnny was top 10 in scoring, and then never gets drafted. There is only 1 kid that isn’t at least a little disappointed on draft day.

Enjoy the stats, I had a slow day at work this week and love stats, so thought I would share.

Any predictions for this year? And not just some crazy parent saying their team is going to have 15 kids drafted or we have 3 first rounders, lol.

I could see the overall numbers staying the same, but I think kids from ETA drafted in first 2 rounds might be lower. Maybe 3 or 4? I don’t see a whole lot that could make the jump next year. I actually think ETA will have the least amount of top 2 rounders out of Alliance, SCTA, GTHL and HEO.

As far as how many from ETA will get decent ice time and play a somewhat regular shift? That’s a tough one as it depends a lot on what teams draft what players, but I would say there could be 3 or 4 again playing a regular shift. Exciting year for the boys, just remember, the OHL draft is not the “be all and end all”
I agree with 97.6%…..lol.
Well said. I do agree we may have lower 1-3 rounders but do feel eta overall will be up around the 60 mark when it’s all said and done. I also think fewer will play their first year but more will play by the end of yr 4 compared to the 06 group.
Just my opinion. Enjoy the year everyone.

Post by Guest »

Is all the trouble in the ww dressing room catching up with them?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:49 pm Is all the trouble in the ww dressing room catching up with them?
Nobody cares, and whining on here is going to accomplish nothing.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:01 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:49 pm Is all the trouble in the ww dressing room catching up with them?
I guess thats a yes

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:10 pm
I guess thats a yes
These threads are so dumb

Post by Guest »

Can’t skate
Can’t score
Can’t pass

Post by Guest »

It is but it’s the truth, Coaches and parents can’t handle it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:10 pm
I guess thats a yes
Players shouldn't be getting mad that they aren't getting the ice time they were promised if they aren't performing anyways

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:55 pm Can’t skate
Can’t score
Can’t pass
Just another moron with the IQ of a hockey puck. Again no issues - just lost a tight game missing 4 regulars against a pretty good team.