Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:21 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:50 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:15 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:26 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:38 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Misinformation

Top agents are free. Bottom en agents and family advisors aren't. You know that right?

Having an agent doesn't remove your NCAA eligibility
"Prospective student-athletes in high school may not enter into an oral or written agreement with an agent, receive benefits from an agent or enter into any type of agreement for future representation. "- NCAA eligibility center is the source

Best line: top agents are free! Hahaha! Oh, maybe you need to read the fine print or is that your advisor's job!

You never said what your son "committed to".
Incredible how naive you are. My son plays in the CCHL, and has no agent. His friends who went on to the BCHL or Major Jr.........are you ready.......ALL had agents that were free. Did I blow your mind? Free. Say it again. Free. They get compensation, but people in the know understand how that happens. I'll let you squirm more
Yeah. They get paid under the table. Want to be a snake and live with the snakes, that is up to you. What goes around comes around.
Sorry that you had such a bad experience. You have a hard time accepting the difference between reality and fiction. You must have been really burned or no free agency did not reach out and you were asked to pony up the cash while others didn't and this drove you crazy. Hey my son was a late bloomer was always middle of the pack and someone saw something and guided us and boom he started doing better and better and doors opened and voila. I wasn't jealous of the kids he played with that were better and went on a different path. At the age of 21-22 is when it will all matters, are they still playing or are they now at school for a future in the workforce. It's really that simple.
Right. Free. Say it often enough and maybe you will believe it yourself. Your the classic parent who won't admit how much they really pay for their son's hockey.
No I would admit it sorry we are not all like you. I paid a lot in development and spring hockey but nope nothing to an agency

Re: Ottawa U18 2022/23 Season

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:02 am
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:34 pm

How's that working out for you? We were never forced by the agency to go to any showcases, only thing my son has to do but not mandatory is go to the summer development sessions (free) long on to zoom calls every two months with all of the clients (free) and that's pretty much it. Not sure what agency you had dealings with but they are not all the same. We had the choice and our son decided who he wanted to work with and so far so good. He speaks to his family advisor once a week just a what's up kind of thing. They did the negotiations with his commitment and you would think that the agency or school would know if that's a no no. Do a bit more research and stop being envious. Also don't pay for anything.
What commitment did he get? NCAA? If your kid is trying to go pro and the CHL route. You can have an agent since that disqualifies you from the NCAA route anyways. The agent thing is an issue if you want to play NCAA.

Nothing is ever free. Advisors are a mixed bag on their own. All I am saying is that your kid can do a lot of the work on their own. Coaches prefer to talk to the player directly and hate dealing with advisors. Advisors double dip, they get referal money and they get your money. So there may be opportunities you miss out on.

Misinformation

Top agents are free. Bottom en agents and family advisors aren't. You know that right?

"Prospective student-athletes in high school may not enter into an oral or written agreement with an agent, receive benefits from an agent or enter into any type of agreement for future representation. "- NCAA eligibility center is the source

Best line: top agents are free! Hahaha! Oh, maybe you need to read the fine print or is that your advisor's job!

Incredible how naive you are. My son plays in the CCHL, and has no agent. His friends who went on to the BCHL or Major Jr.........are you ready.......ALL had agents that were free. Did I blow your mind? Free. Say it again. Free. They get compensation, but people in the know understand how that happens. I'll let you squirm more
Yeah. They get paid under the table. Want to be a snake and live with the snakes, that is up to you. What goes around comes around.
You're one bitter parent, clearly beyond disappointed in how much you son let you down. I don't have a "paid for" advisor nor a "free" agent. Very close friends of mine have one of the other. We have been approached by agents, and yes I don't feel that the price is a good value for what is a realistic expectation for my son at this point. YES top players, pretty much most CHL players have agents that are free. The other poster has gone to lengths detailing how payment is received down the road. Your bitterness and naivete are blinding you and your "looking in from the outside" perspective is laughable.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:09 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:02 am
What commitment did he get? NCAA? If your kid is trying to go pro and the CHL route. You can have an agent since that disqualifies you from the NCAA route anyways. The agent thing is an issue if you want to play NCAA.

Nothing is ever free. Advisors are a mixed bag on their own. All I am saying is that your kid can do a lot of the work on their own. Coaches prefer to talk to the player directly and hate dealing with advisors. Advisors double dip, they get referal money and they get your money. So there may be opportunities you miss out on.

Misinformation

You're one bitter parent, clearly beyond disappointed in how much you son let you down. I don't have a "paid for" advisor nor a "free" agent. Very close friends of mine have one of the other. We have been approached by agents, and yes I don't feel that the price is a good value for what is a realistic expectation for my son at this point. YES top players, pretty much most CHL players have agents that are free. The other poster has gone to lengths detailing how payment is received down the road. Your bitterness and naivete are blinding you and your "looking in from the outside" perspective is laughable.
Why are you so easily triggered? Sensitive. Worried maybe that things may not work out and all that money has gone to waste. The agency will dump you in the dust. It is not free if you have to give the agency a share of your son's earnings down the road. And if you don't it means, your kid is not going anywhere and you wasted your time with that agency. A little word of advice, unless you make the CHL, you don't need an agent. And if you have signed something where the payment is "years down the road", you have already broken the NCAA rules for eligibility. Whether you get caught or not is a different story. Also, free rides in D1 are very hard to come by. Players who are committed are still paying 15-20K, if not more.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:55 am

Misinformation

Why are you so easily triggered? Sensitive. Worried maybe that things may not work out and all that money has gone to waste. The agency will dump you in the dust. It is not free if you have to give the agency a share of your son's earnings down the road. And if you don't it means, your kid is not going anywhere and you wasted your time with that agency. A little word of advice, unless you make the CHL, you don't need an agent. And if you have signed something where the payment is "years down the road", you have already broken the NCAA rules for eligibility. Whether you get caught or not is a different story. Also, free rides in D1 are very hard to come by. Players who are committed are still paying 15-20K, if not more.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Read my post again and get back to me Karen.

You don't give advice to anyone-remember that.

Your bitterness and snowflake attitude are truly legendary.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:11 pm

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Read my post again and get back to me Karen.

You must be in a senior citizen's home. Or a CCHL owner. Both make sense.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:04 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:11 pm

You must be in a senior citizen's home. Or a CCHL owner. Both make sense.
Comprehension isn't your friend. We can all tell.

You're a disgruntled dad who's disappointed in his son who failed him. Sad story you have there.

I love it how you try to give others advice!! I mean, that's a legendary level of stupid. Thank you! The comic relief is appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Misinformation

Okay we get it you got screwed over by an agency that you paid because they promised the moon and now your mad because some have agencies that are free and delivered. Move on we get it your mad. Life is not always fair. We are committed and besides the years of private development and off ice training that cost us money the agency and the school is all free so it's a good trade off from our point of view maybe not yours...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:52 pm

Okay we get it you got screwed over by an agency that you paid because they promised the moon and now your mad because some have agencies that are free and delivered. Move on we get it your mad. Life is not always fair. We are committed and besides the years of private development and off ice training that cost us money the agency and the school is all free so it's a good trade off from our point of view maybe not yours...
Yeah. School is free. I am sure. Most public high schools are. Years of private development and off ice training....haha! And only in the CCHL.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

Yeah. School is free. I am sure. Most public high schools are. Years of private development and off ice training....haha! And only in the CCHL.
Nope is you read properly he's in the USHL. Where is your Johnny Rocket

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

Let's go back to the basics here son....comprehension. try it someday, you won't be as big a failure as you clearly are. Two different posters son, you haven't figured that out yet?

My son plays in the CCHL, no agent or advisor. Yup paid a decent amount in private development, AND put more than e ought away for his education. If hockey gives him more opportunities great, if it ends there, that's fine to, he learned a ton, competed as high as he could, life lessons, made friends etc. You're jealous, I don't care.

Does your son even talk to you? Your hatred seems to hard to contain.