2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Re: 2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Post by Guest »

Looks like some posts were deleted?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:05 pm Looks like some posts were deleted?
Site was down for a while. Probably reloaded from a backup from before those posts.

Post by Guest »

AVR, LF, NYR and TR all with wins you’d expect to start.

NYK-Aero game had an ugly end today with a hit in the numbers on the board. Any Aero parents that seem to be active here want to explain why that was alright without any strawman arguments?
Tsar_Farmakov

Post by Tsar_Farmakov »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:25 pm AVR, LF, NYR and TR all with wins you’d expect to start.

NYK-Aero game had an ugly end today with a hit in the numbers on the board. Any Aero parents that seem to be active here want to explain why that was alright without any strawman arguments?
Hi, I'm an Aeros parent and I started this thread last year. I did not see what happened in real time as our section was at the opposite end of the rink. I will pull a clip from livebarn and have a look tomorrow.

Post by Guest »

Heard there was a heated Aeros parent at the end of the game too that was pretty aggressive. Hopefully cooler heads prevailed. Also heard the Knights player was injured on the play- hope he is ok.
Tsar_Farmakov

Post by Tsar_Farmakov »

Tsar_Farmakov wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:01 am
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:25 pm AVR, LF, NYR and TR all with wins you’d expect to start.

Hi, I'm an Aeros parent and I started this thread last year. I did not see what happened in real time as our section was at the opposite end of the rink. I will pull a clip from livebarn and have a look tomorrow.
So I had a look at the play. I watched and re-watched it a few times. I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks it's alright to see a kid get hurt, I know I don't and I'm certain that sentiment would be echoed among our parents group.

I'm not sure if anyone else seen it on livebarn or not. I obviously can't get into the mind of an 11 yr old kid but from what I saw:
- kid working hard right till the final buzzer, just like every coach teaches the kids.
-gets interfered with and slashed a bit. Slashes back a bit.
-Knights kid gets the puck at the backboards our our kid goes in. This is now where the contact occurs. Maybe our kid thought he was going to start skating with it, who knows, but he runs into him.

Was it a penalty? Yes, and you can even start to see the ref raise his hand but then the final buzzer goes. Is it suspension worthy. I've seen much much worse happen in a game and a penalty isn't even called. In fact, this wasn't even the worst incident in this game. That happened in the 1st period when an Aeos kid and Knights kid both went down behind the Aeros net. Knights kid then punched the Aeros kid in the head twice. In a bizarre twist of events, somehow both boys get sent to the penalty box and the Knights kid proceeds to taunt the crowd. All on video between Livebarn and GoPro behind our net. That being said, suspension was issued on the hit at the end of the game, and I have no problem with that. Was it a Dirty play though? I don't think it was, others may disagree. In contact hockey this isn't even a penalty. That's usually the barometer on when I evaluate whether a play is dirty or not. Boys are amped up, testosterone starting to flow for the first time in their lives...and I'm certain that the size difference between each kid didn't help.

Not sure if that's what you want to hear but that's kind of how I see it. It was a chippy back and forth game. I'll keep my thoughts on the actual game to myself because I'm not on here to spread negativity. Never have been, from day one.
Tsar_Farmakov

Post by Tsar_Farmakov »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:28 am Heard there was a heated Aeros parent at the end of the game too that was pretty aggressive. Hopefully cooler heads prevailed. Also heard the Knights player was injured on the play- hope he is ok.
Cooler heads prevailed, at least I hope they did.

This stems from 2 ugly incidents in the game.. 1 from each team. This isn't a case where one team were Saints and the other Sinners...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:28 am Heard there was a heated Aeros parent at the end of the game too that was pretty aggressive. Hopefully cooler heads prevailed. Also heard the Knights player was injured on the play- hope he is ok.
Testosterone? The kids are 11 and 12 years old. :lol:

I wasn’t at the game. If the hit is on the numbers, it’s an automatic hit from behind. Any age, any level..Its either 2+ game or 5 + game. IMO if it happens at the buzzer, it should be 2 games because there is no opportunity to eject the player.

MPW is kiddie hockey, but it sounds like the type of play that HC wants to eradicate from the game and for good reason. When puberty starts, the potential for severe outcome from plays like this starts going up.

Post by Guest »

Looks like a goon hit and suspension deserved. Under 3 seconds left in the game, 2 goal lead, the defensive player freezes the puck and just stands there to let time expire. No hockey value in the hit and it's not a legal hit.
I obviously can't get into the mind of an 11 yr old kid but that hit has to be called every time - it's on the attacking player to control themselves. And it's on the refs to call it so there isn't a brawl.

Post by Guest »

10 Mar 2024 gonna be a busy day for all.

TRT vs NYK...TRT

ARD vs LF...LF

TA vs MI...TA

NT vs SIR...NT

Good luck everyone.