New to GTHL Questions

All Team and Association topics here

Re: New to GTHL Questions

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:43 am
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:44 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:41 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:35 pm Is the GTHL inclusive to none binary players?
Why wouldn't it be?
I don’t know the answer, that is why I’m asking, genius. I don’t want any issues when I sign up my child and people don’t use their proper pronouns of they, them.
As mentioned, all coaches and players go through training on this, and it's pretty well done. How seriously people take it? Not that seriously in my experience, but if a coach knows he will have a player that this pertains to, I would expect them to take it with more attention, and ensure their team does so as well.

That said, it also doesn't mean the coach won't occasionally throw out a "lets get em, boys" type comment out of habit (I was guilty of this one year when I had a girl on the team). If you accept that these are not malicious and just mistakes, and move on, you'll be fine. If you make a federal case out of every time a kid on the bench says "we gotta pass more, guys", you're in for a lot of conflict.

Ultimately, I would expect the vast vast majority of every player and coach and official to do their best to be respectful. There will be some who are not. If you encounter one, escalate it to the coach or referee. There's no tolerance for this anymore.
Players get suspended if the ref hears them use discriminating or derogatory language. Would the same apply if a player calls a non-binary player “bro” “dude” “bud” “pal”?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:49 pm ...... - Why are AAA teams not allowed to have their own feeder systems? Honestly just curious why the rule exists ......
{/quote]

This is not a rule. It is one of the off shoots of AAA teams being owned, and the AA teams being owned, and A teams being minor hockey associations.

This means there in no connection from AAA to a AA team. What will happen for both AAA & AA is when a call up is needed, the player(s) called up with come from the younger age group for the same AAA or AA association.

I clipped out your question on A level teams. I really didn't understand what you were asking. The G has plenty of A level teams at all age groups. I'm not sure where a new A team would come from. Most of the minor hockey org's are still looking at combining just to stay alive and have a viable program moving forward. When Org's combine they retain at least 1 A level team, and in some cases where the numbers exist they actually grandfather 2 A teams for those age groups.

Post by Guest »

Hockey has gotten so soft.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:45 pmHockey has gotten so soft.
Hockey hasn't gotten soft....

Hockey Canada has gotten soft, and the new breed of Canadian hockey players were on full display last year at the World Juniors.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:35 pm Is the GTHL inclusive to none binary players?

Troll :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:46 am

Troll :lol: :lol: :lol:
Word around the rink is that the G will be moving to a gender neutral model next year.