Real 2015 AAA

Re: Real 2015 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:41 am
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:55 pm It seems a lot of parents that didn’t make the jump to KSL are regretting it after watching some of the KSL kids.
eh, KSL isn't the be all, end all. We are there with our kid.

Its good, probably more "consistently better" hockey. But there is still lots and lots of variance from one team to the next. You could be competitive with 2 or 3 teams, but then get obliterated by a team just above that and then blow out a team just below it.
Yes, but they have done a good job balancing divisions to avoid the lopsided games. Watched an U9 MD tournament in our area, all blowouts one way or another. Have a look at NYHL website, a few teams beating up on everyone else. I think it is a great league for competitive balance and it will only get better moving forward. It is not fun getting crushed but also not good walking all over the competition. Horrible for development. Best to play teams that are on the same level, win or lose. First year, new league and it will only improve.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:17 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:55 pm It seems a lot of parents that didn’t make the jump to KSL are regretting it after watching some of the KSL kids.

Its good, probably more "consistently better" hockey. But there is still lots and lots of variance from one team to the next. You could be competitive with 2 or 3 teams, but then get obliterated by a team just above that and then blow out a team just below it.
Yes, but they have done a good job balancing divisions to avoid the lopsided games. Watched an U9 MD tournament in our area, all blowouts one way or another. Have a look at NYHL website, a few teams beating up on everyone else. I think it is a great league for competitive balance and it will only get better moving forward. It is not fun getting crushed but also not good walking all over the competition. Horrible for development. Best to play teams that are on the same level, win or lose. First year, new league and it will only improve.
Absolutely agree!!

Post by Guest »

Except I’m pretty over playing the exact same teams at each tournament. The 2015 groups only change by a team or 2. Looking forward to being done with it and onto real tournaments next year

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:37 pm

Except I’m pretty over playing the exact same teams at each tournament. The 2015 groups only change by a team or 2. Looking forward to being done with it and onto real tournaments next year
They have moved our team around quite a bit so we have seen most of the teams in 2015 Tier 1 and Tier 2. I could see how the Tier 1 would be kind of a drag…

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:23 pm

They have moved our team around quite a bit so we have seen most of the teams in 2015 Tier 1 and Tier 2. I could see how the Tier 1 would be kind of a drag…
We are 2016 and have a huge division, but seem to play the same teams more or less every tournament. I don't hate it, because we play exhibition games all the time. Plus you build up rivalries with teams (even if its only in your own head).

I am burnt out on hockey, like most people. So, I'll be happy when the season is over and we have moved onto our summer sport.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:27 pm

We are 2016 and have a huge division, but seem to play the same teams more or less every tournament. I don't hate it, because we play exhibition games all the time. Plus you build up rivalries with teams (even if its only in your own head).

I am burnt out on hockey, like most people. So, I'll be happy when the season is over and we have moved onto our summer sport.
Our spring, summer, fall and winter sport IS hockey with soccer and hockey thrown in for some variety 😂

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:25 pm

Our spring, summer, fall and winter sport IS hockey with soccer and hockey thrown in for some variety 😂
Oooops edit that.. baseball*

Post by Guest »

Rivalries are what makes hockey great. Really wanted to play the Tier 1 Purple Cobras one more time but they aren’t in our division for the final tournament. Don’t know why but I hate the Cobras!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:53 pm

Rivalries are what makes hockey great. Really wanted to play the Tier 1 Purple Cobras one more time but they aren’t in our division for the final tournament. Don’t know why but I hate the Cobras!
In time this league will get better and better
It is well managed with plans to keep building

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:40 am
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:53 pm

In time this league will get better and better
It is well managed with plans to keep building
Absolutely! Players will be leaving for this far more competitive league