Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:12 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:11 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:25 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:35 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:30 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:59 pm

Thank You!! Well said
From what I've watched all season, and comparing to other seasons. Attack have better goaltending and are better coached, that gives them a strong chance to beat what maybe on paper is a more talented team. And that combination of goaltending and coaching is what can give a team an advantage in playoffs. I still think Sharks pull this out but wouldn't surprise me at all if the Attack win this series.
Agreed. If the Attack coach can keep his cool on the bench lol. Guy is bananas.

Attack coach seems a little more ruthless in not rolling his lines, does what it takes to win where Sharks seem a little more fair-play for everyone. I could be wrong.
Had to comment on this, ruthless or bananas would be the last words I'd use to describe the Attack coach. Makes me laugh because I'm sure some parents wish he was a bit ruthless.

If anything he dishes out equal ice too much. If you're talking about this series remember Attack were down 4 players games 1 and 2. I think I saw a double shift for a few players the final minutes of game 3 while on the pk, but it's something that rarely happens. In that 9-1 loss coach was definitely louder (maybe even bananas) on the bench than I've ever heard him, uncharacteristic on him. Far from the norm, if you've ever spoken or dealt with him you'd see that.
Agreed ... the Attack coach is not ruthless or even close to bananas... absolutely the opposite ... and my son doesn't even play for the team. He's one of the few coaches in either east or west loop that I would have my son play for. Great coach. Cares about the kids. period
Thanks for clearing that up, Coach
Nah I’m just the Zamboni driver

Re: 2010 A West

Post by Guest »

Heart breaker of a loss tonight for Attack. Up 5-3 in third and ref figured he wasn’t getting enough attention.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:50 pm Heart breaker of a loss tonight for Attack. Up 5-3 in third and ref figured he wasn’t getting enough attention.
Wasn't at the game but can see 4 goals against in the 3rd. Legitimate question, was there a major called or something? How many were PP goals?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:26 am
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:50 pm Heart breaker of a loss tonight for Attack. Up 5-3 in third and ref figured he wasn’t getting enough attention.
Wasn't at the game but can see 4 goals against in the 3rd. Legitimate question, was there a major called or something? How many were PP goals?
Borderline 4 minute headshot penalty... changed the momentum. No excuses ... Attack should have closed out the game but the call seemed to rattle the Attack and before you knew it the game was tied and then Sharks went ahead.

Post by Guest »

2 pp goals on a 4 min head contact penalty. One empty net goal at the end.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:04 am
2 pp goals on a 4 min head contact penalty. One empty net goal at the end.
Ouch. That's got to be frustrating. Better luck next game.

Post by Guest »

Any changes happening to teams

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:04 pm Any changes happening to teams
No, none

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:05 pm
No, none
The division will look very different next season. That said, the Eagles and Sharks will dominate again, maybe even more so, unless they have big changes, but it doesn't look like that's the case. G should be looking at each age group and level on a case by case basis, 7 teams is too few, especially when you have 14 AA west teams. So broken.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:23 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:05 pm
No, none
The division will look very different next season. That said, the Eagles and Sharks will dominate again, maybe even more so, unless they have big changes, but it doesn't look like that's the case. G should be looking at each age group and level on a case by case basis, 7 teams is too few, especially when you have 14 AA west teams. So broken.
Well ... hearing through the grapevine that there will be changes on the Sharks team, so not so sure of 'domination' there. Eagles as always will keep their team intact ... so with that Eagles will again keep rolling along.

Ya it's unfortunate (but not surprising) that the GTHL can't take it's collective 'head out of its a$$' and realize that there are too many AA teams and not enough single A teams. At least merge some of the teams over from the MHL A division like what has happened in younger age groups.

It must be especially frustrating for the parents and the kids who simply want to stay in A hockey ... with the lack of spots/options available.