Explaining How Politics work to your 11 year old son.

Re: Explaining How Politics work to your 11 year old son.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:34 am
Guest wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:03 am
Guest wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:05 am stop being a victim. take off your rose coloured glasses. No coach would pass on a kid who is good. those are the excuses of a talentless finger pointer. put your kid in bowling, there is a score system with no bias. yet a parent like you will complain that the guy who greases the alley screwed you over.

just tell your 11 year old he is a victim and no matter what he will get screwed cause dad is also talentless
It's A hockey, nobody is that good. This is the level where friends and family matter way more than actual ability. What the parent is learning is that they don't have friends on the team despite I'm sure being led to believe they were. That's the bottom line and the good news is you found out they were fake pieces of shit sooner than later. Always better to find out as soon as possible so you can move on. And at that age they will find new friends on a new team and forget the other kids even existed.
This is the honest to god truth right here. Hockey parents are only "friends for a season". It's hockey, and your kid will make friends no matter where he plays. If you have offers, maybe explain to your son that things like this happen in hockey at all levels. Do not bash anyone, or any team, just tell him, that this is an opportunity to play somewhere else and make new friends. I'm of the mind that honesty with kids is key. As for the parent who made the rose coloured glasses comment, he's clearly one of the toxic parents on his team.
The person who made the comment about most parents wearing rose coloured glasses is clearly a coach.

Post by Guest »

I am finding out that the kids are 'true' friends of my kids. Parents on the other hand, not sold that they are 'true' friends once the new team starts.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:19 am I am finding out that the kids are 'true' friends of my kids. Parents on the other hand, not sold that they are 'true' friends once the new team starts.
The sooner you figure this out the better.

Your best bet is to be realistic about how good your kid is, and make friends with parents in that same skill level. You might stay friends...

Return to “2004 And Younger”