Re: 2010 GTHL AA West

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am
Guest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am
Guest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:27 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:37 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:27 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:40 am

The Panthers don't look good at all from what I seen. Resorting to filling with A players or risk of team folding. I would prefer to fold as it would keep better competition within the loop.
It has become very bad, he is taking his buddies with him. What a shame for this organization
I know 1 great non parent coach that applied for this team. He would have recruited some great talent and probably kept most of the top kids there. This organization is going to the sh!ts. Just like the Leafs , sh!t management = no cup.
The organization heads gave it to their buddy, the notorious JM, who accepted, enjoyed a week in the limelight and had a skate, then quit when he realized he wasn't being gifted an automatic playoff team. The new coach is a good guy dealing with a very bad hand. His late appointment led to him being late to the game on recruitment, and he had to deal with the fallout from the coaching carousel, with the existing team already out the door. Credit to him for stepping up; the organization handled this badly.
Good for him, that's great and I respect the heck out of volunteer coaches. My one issue is his son is nowhere near ready or good enough for AA. That's a big problem.
Why do you care if his son is good enough for AA? Go find another team where your little superstar will shine.
Coaches in it for the wrong reasons aren't good for the game.

Has nothing to do with my own kid, he has a team that he made on his own.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:27 pm
It has become very bad, he is taking his buddies with him. What a shame for this organization
I know 1 great non parent coach that applied for this team. He would have recruited some great talent and probably kept most of the top kids there. This organization is going to the sh!ts. Just like the Leafs , sh!t management = no cup.
The organization heads gave it to their buddy, the notorious JM, who accepted, enjoyed a week in the limelight and had a skate, then quit when he realized he wasn't being gifted an automatic playoff team. The new coach is a good guy dealing with a very bad hand. His late appointment led to him being late to the game on recruitment, and he had to deal with the fallout from the coaching carousel, with the existing team already out the door. Credit to him for stepping up; the organization handled this badly.
Good for him, that's great and I respect the heck out of volunteer coaches. My one issue is his son is nowhere near ready or good enough for AA. That's a big problem.
Why do you care if his son is good enough for AA? Go find another team where your little superstar will shine.

Ok, so why didn't you step up to coach? Move along with your bitterness

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Every coach has a team they made on their own. The others already made most of their team when he got VP, the existing roster has left, and he has to deal with all the drama from instability with the team thanks to the org when trying to attract anyone still uncommitted. Every team has a few players on the AA bubble, Panthers will no doubt have a lot and have no choice but to pull from A to round out the roster this late in the process. I'm sure that offers were made to strong talent that were declined given the complete rebuild and all the instability around the upcoming season - some folks here can likely confirm they were offered spots and ran. No one would blame them for that but don't blame the coach either.
That's on the VP leadership and their mismanagement.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

Every coach has a team they made on their own. The others already made most of their team when he got VP, the existing roster has left, and he has to deal with all the drama from instability with the team thanks to the org when trying to attract anyone still uncommitted. Every team has a few players on the AA bubble, Panthers will no doubt have a lot and have no choice but to pull from A to round out the roster this late in the process. I'm sure that offers were made to strong talent that were declined given the complete rebuild and all the instability around the upcoming season - some folks here can likely confirm they were offered spots and ran. No one would blame them for that but don't blame the coach either.
Hoping the Panthers get a few wins early on and surprise the naysayers. Same for the Lightning.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Hoping the Panthers get a few wins early on and surprise the naysayers. Same for the Lightning.
Let’s revisit this comment at the end of next season.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 pm

FYI hope isn't a prediction.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 pm

Bottom 4 prediction in order:

Sharks
West Mall
Tigers
Panthers

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 pm

Sharks
West Mall
Tigers
Panthers
Sounds about right. What's going on with Rattlers new team? Will they not be in bottom 5 next season too?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 pm

Sharks
West Mall
Tigers
Panthers
Sounds about right. What's going on with Rattlers new team? Will they not be in bottom 5 next season too?
I don't think so. I expect them to battle for a playoff spot.

Post by Guest »

Sharks
West Mall
Tigers
Panthers
Really? Who predicts the bottom 4 teams?? LOL