Klevr

Re: Klevr

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:15 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:28 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:49 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:39 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:24 pm I wouldn't be shocked if there was a 4th Raiders team and 3rd Aces team
The 3 Raiders teams are from existing teams, so there isn't much you're trying out for. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is another team and more tryouts $$
Raiders are a complete money grab. Charging $100 while their teams are already picked. What’s the point of tryouts?
No coach would go into tryouts without have a core group of players already committed. It’s not unique to the Raiders - it’s the same for every team. Keep in mind that as much as players are competing against other players for spots, coaches are also competing against other coaches for top players.

As for cost - the Raiders fee is the lowest of the Toronto teams.
Having a core of players is fine but raiders T1 teams are full. They have filled every single spot. It’s only tryout for T2 team..if there are 4-5 spots, then at least it makes sense.
Ppl are just trying to get into Klevr. Go to stars as there will be a tier 1 team for most age groups.

Post by Guest »

Stars tryouts done. Anyone attend them? How is the 2016 group looking? Saw that Etobicoke stars postponed tryouts. Wonder if they didn’t get kids sign up. They already have a team in Mississauga. What’s the news on Aces 2016 group any roster spots opening up? What about Northern Saints are they out of Markham?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 am Stars tryouts done. Anyone attend them? How is the 2016 group looking? Saw that Etobicoke stars postponed tryouts. Wonder if they didn’t get kids sign up. They already have a team in Mississauga. What’s the news on Aces 2016 group any roster spots opening up? What about Northern Saints are they out of Markham?
Northern Saints out of Newmarket, Aurora, Mt.Albert, Bradford.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:29 pm This U8 coach the saints just announced on IG... Wasn't this guy announced by Raiders a few weeks ago?
This is nuts... Why is okay that a Newmarket team is pulling kids from the city? How do the Raiders/Stars/Aces feel about looking potential top Toronto kids to a team not in Toronto.

Its one thing for players to go on their own, but to actively solicit them? Bold.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:35 am
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:29 pm This U8 coach the saints just announced on IG... Wasn't this guy announced by Raiders a few weeks ago?
This is nuts... Why is okay that a Newmarket team is pulling kids from the city? How do the Raiders/Stars/Aces feel about looking potential top Toronto kids to a team not in Toronto.

Its one thing for players to go on their own, but to actively solicit them? Bold.
Why is it ok for Toronto to pull from outside the city?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:41 am
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:35 am

Why is it ok for Toronto to pull from outside the city?
Do you see team decisions that the Raiders / Stars / and Aces are doing that shows they are trying to pull players from outside of Toronto area? Have they hired a coach from Newmarket that is bringing a team with them?

Post by Guest »

The irony of seeing people complain here about “stealing” and “recruiting” kids is amazing. Isn’t that the beauty of this league? No boundaries, freedom of choice, no over arching bodies like HC and OHF to provide a framework of rules of engagement. I guess that is all good until it starts to adversely impact your own kid……

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:02 pm The irony of seeing people complain here about “stealing” and “recruiting” kids is amazing. Isn’t that the beauty of this league? No boundaries, freedom of choice, no over arching bodies like HC and OHF to provide a framework of rules of engagement. I guess that is all good until it starts to adversely impact your own kid……
Not my kid, not my team, not my problem.

Still - LOVE to see the drama.

I think the "beauty of it" is the point of the league - so, hard to get too mad about it. But, still, it will cause conflict and might eventually be the demise of the league. If I owed KSL I would likely get involved. The whole point of paying big bucks to be a "charter member" is you are supposed to have exclusive rights to an area as per the info on the website / Instagram.

However, I do think that is more to do with another team popping up and calling themselves "newmarket KSL team" when you are the Northern Saints as an example.

I personally think there is a big difference between:

A kid coming from out of town because he wants to play for your team. Or even actively recruiting a player or two from outside of your "area" to play on your team

and

I am going to bring in a coach from Toronto, who is going to bring players with him (from Toronto) - almost an entire team of them - and play in an entirely different town for a year or two. I am then going to be the coach for a GTHL team and I will then bring them back to Toronto with me.

Why didn't he stick with the Raiders? Did he want too much control? Crappy Saints were willing to give him more?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:16 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:02 pm The irony of seeing people complain here about “stealing” and “recruiting” kids is amazing. Isn’t that the beauty of this league? No boundaries, freedom of choice, no over arching bodies like HC and OHF to provide a framework of rules of engagement. I guess that is all good until it starts to adversely impact your own kid……
Not my kid, not my team, not my problem.

Still - LOVE to see the drama.

I think the "beauty of it" is the point of the league - so, hard to get too mad about it. But, still, it will cause conflict and might eventually be the demise of the league. If I owed KSL I would likely get involved. The whole point of paying big bucks to be a "charter member" is you are supposed to have exclusive rights to an area as per the info on the website / Instagram.

However, I do think that is more to do with another team popping up and calling themselves "newmarket KSL team" when you are the Northern Saints as an example.

I personally think there is a big difference between:

A kid coming from out of town because he wants to play for your team. Or even actively recruiting a player or two from outside of your "area" to play on your team

and

I am going to bring in a coach from Toronto, who is going to bring players with him (from Toronto) - almost an entire team of them - and play in an entirely different town for a year or two. I am then going to be the coach for a GTHL team and I will then bring them back to Toronto with me.

Why didn't he stick with the Raiders? Did he want too much control? Crappy Saints were willing to give him more?
LA was not a Toronto coach (he was only slated to be a Raiders coach for 5 min).

He was actually the head coach of the Vaughan Red U7 team this season. Many of his players reside in York region so it’s not a stretch to imagine they’d follow him to join the Saints. Klevr has no boundaries, so I don’t know why people are getting territorial - players will go wherever their families are willing to drive to. Aces had players from Burlington, Saints had Toronto players, Stars had York region players.

Building on your example, there are also coaches outside the GTA planning to bring players to play in GTHL in U10.

Post by Guest »

All good points and I do not disagree. But it does highlight some of the growing pains with this model and the challenges that come with the model. A klevr franchise is no different than a Tim Hortons or McDonalds franchise. The parent company can control who gets the franchise in a regional area but they cannot control where the customers travel from. Once they start stepping in to control where players come from or how they got there gets you back to being like a boundary league (OMHA). Most of these parents are lining up to get to the GTHL anyways so they might as well get used to “stealing” and “recruitment” of players.