2013 AA West

Re: 2013 AA West

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:53 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:20 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:17 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:55 pm 16 belongs in triple a. I'm sure he's better than most bottom aaa players.
He’s too small. AAA will only be a fit for him until contact starts then even AA will be a challenge for him
You’re talking about a 10 year old??? He could grow and get stronger.
You have a good point there but if both parents are under 5’8 that’s a long shot. The kid is the best in AA by far so hats of to him
Why hats of to him. It's time to play at your level and develop, instead being the " best in AA" joke . Scared to be a bench warmer!!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:08 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:55 pm 16 belongs in triple a. I'm sure he's better than most bottom aaa players.
He’s too small. AAA will only be a fit for him until contact starts then even AA will be a challenge for him
You have a good point there but if both parents are under 5’8 that’s a long shot. The kid is the best in AA by far so hats of to him
Why hats of to him. It's time to play at your level and develop, instead being the " best in AA" joke . Scared to be a bench warmer!!!
Why do you care if he stays AA. That’s right your kid is on a shitty team that he kicks your ass every game. Put your kid in A where he belongs and you don’t have to worry about him playing against you

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:18 pm
Why do you care if he stays AA. That’s right your kid is on a shitty team that he kicks your ass every game. Put your kid in A where he belongs and you don’t have to worry about him playing against you
Honestly, these loops need a cleanse...drop AAA to 8-10 teams, AA East and West to 10 Teams max and then you have a real A and Select loop.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:43 pm

Honestly, these loops need a cleanse...drop AAA to 8-10 teams, AA East and West to 10 Teams max and then you have a real A and Select loop.
You are right, there are too many teams in the loop and some teams don’t have many players with true AA talent through the whole line up. Coaches/orgs don’t want to fold as it’s a business and coaches are forced to take “diamonds in the rough” hoping they improve over the summer and 1st couple of months of the season. This is why you see some teams with 5 wins or less. Players on those teams will benefit dropping to A or kids not getting ice time on better teams should also play down for development. But we all know that won’t happen.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:23 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:43 pm

You are right, there are too many teams in the loop and some teams don’t have many players with true AA talent through the whole line up. Coaches/orgs don’t want to fold as it’s a business and coaches are forced to take “diamonds in the rough” hoping they improve over the summer and 1st couple of months of the season. This is why you see some teams with 5 wins or less. Players on those teams will benefit dropping to A or kids not getting ice time on better teams should also play down for development. But we all know that won’t happen.
I’ve heard rumours that the Rangers coach from last season was returning next year to take over the team and his kid is coming down from AAA to play AA up a year again. Any truth to it

Post by Guest »

Well if that's the case his name is not posted as the head coach..the head coach is the same guy J.R. not S.R.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:15 pm Well if that's the case his name is not posted as the head coach..the head coach is the same guy J.R. not S.R.
Any always go by that. The GT caps show BF as the head coach when in reality it’s TS from the MNS who’s the head coach next season

Post by Guest »

Anyone know what the roster looks like for the eagles. Before I commit I’d like to know because I’m getting promises of a lot of AAA players coming down to play with the eagles next year.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm Anyone know what the roster looks like for the eagles. Before I commit I’d like to know because I’m getting promises of a lot of AAA players coming down to play with the eagles next year.
I think evryone needs to be careful on "AAA players" vs. "good AAA players".
In my experience, a low end AAA player that gets cut in u10 or u11 is usually a kid that was a bit ahead of the curve at a young age (lots of ice time or early Bday) and may not be that great and is no better than your average AA player. Wont make much of difference to a perennial middling team ... I would get your eyes on these "aaa players" if that is actually important to you before you commit... They are still asking kids to commit end of April? that might be another issue to think about.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm Anyone know what the roster looks like for the eagles. Before I commit I’d like to know because I’m getting promises of a lot of AAA players coming down to play with the eagles next year.
Some thoughts...
1. If they are still committing, or waiting to commit to players by the end of April, the pickings are slim to none and any players left have likely been seen and passed on by most teams.

2. Careful with the whole "AAA" players coming down. There is a huge difference between top, middle and bottom end AAA players. Bottom end AAA are often no better than avg AA or even top end A players. I've seen it first hand; AAA players down to AA teams, or even AA players down to A teams often do nothing to improve their new teams. There is a reason they are dropping down. AAA is expensive, the bottom 20% of AAA team is often filled with bench warmers who are there because they are willing to pay the high fees.

3. Eagles have been a clown show for the past two seasons ... sounds like not much has changed, if this is their only way of convincing you to commit. What's their development plan fore the season? What will your family and son get out of it? How will his development be improved upon? Don't fall prey to empty promises of "AAA" players they are waiting to commit to the team. Sounds to me like they don't have much else to offer, which would line up with their past two seasons!