2013 AA West

Re: 2013 AA West

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:57 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:15 pm Well if that's the case his name is not posted as the head coach..the head coach is the same guy J.R. not S.R.
Any always go by that. The GT caps show BF as the head coach when in reality it’s TS from the MNS who’s the head coach next season
Another rumour is Sheldon Keefe will be coaching the MR once he gets fired when the Leafs are out 1st round to Boston…

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:04 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm Anyone know what the roster looks like for the eagles. Before I commit I’d like to know because I’m getting promises of a lot of AAA players coming down to play with the eagles next year.
Some thoughts...
1. If they are still committing, or waiting to commit to players by the end of April, the pickings are slim to none and any players left have likely been seen and passed on by most teams.

2. Careful with the whole "AAA" players coming down. There is a huge difference between top, middle and bottom end AAA players. Bottom end AAA are often no better than avg AA or even top end A players. I've seen it first hand; AAA players down to AA teams, or even AA players down to A teams often do nothing to improve their new teams. There is a reason they are dropping down. AAA is expensive, the bottom 20% of AAA team is often filled with bench warmers who are there because they are willing to pay the high fees.

3. Eagles have been a clown show for the past two seasons ... sounds like not much has changed, if this is their only way of convincing you to commit. What's their development plan fore the season? What will your family and son get out of it? How will his development be improved upon? Don't fall prey to empty promises of "AAA" players they are waiting to commit to the team. Sounds to me like they don't have much else to offer, which would line up with their past two seasons!

Well said

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm Anyone know what the roster looks like for the eagles. Before I commit I’d like to know because I’m getting promises of a lot of AAA players coming down to play with the eagles next year.
If it’s true it would be NYR players that were cut because there’s a “coach connection” between NYR and the new Eagles team

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:31 pm
If it’s true it would be NYR players that were cut because there’s a “coach connection” between NYR and the new Eagles team

The 6 win 2013 NYR with less than 1.5 average goals scored per game? Yeah… their castoffs are totally worth waiting for! LOL!

Post by Guest »

They're still better than most of the AA kids in this loop especially the ones on the mid to bottom teams that belong in A.

Post by Guest »

If they’re adding AAA players so late in Apr does that mean that incoming AA Eagles players who got verbal commitments in Feb/Mar will be dropped? apparently this happened at MT (for different reasons). Can’t imagine the scramble to find a good team in May

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 am
If they’re adding AAA players so late in Apr does that mean that incoming AA Eagles players who got verbal commitments in Feb/Mar will be dropped? apparently this happened at MT (for different reasons). Can’t imagine the scramble to find a good team in May
Nothing is for sure until tryouts. Everything is verbal until you can register. The “AAA” kids might not be for sure but you will know on day 1 of tryouts who shows up. I would ask the coach straight up, if he doesn’t give you a straight answer and is shifty it means you should call some other teams to hedge your bets.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 am
Nothing is for sure until tryouts. Everything is verbal until you can register. The “AAA” kids might not be for sure but you will know on day 1 of tryouts who shows up. I would ask the coach straight up, if he doesn’t give you a straight answer and is shifty it means you should call some other teams to hedge your bets.
What happen at MT?

Post by Guest »

Anyone keeping an eye on the Canlan Tournament this weekend.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am Anyone keeping an eye on the Canlan Tournament this weekend.
isnt that next weekend??