YSE 2015 AAA

YSE 2015 AAA

Post by Guest »

Did anyone attend the YSE AAA tryouts? Are most kids coming from Saints 2015 Tier 1 team? Noticed Kyle Bishop was initially listed as coach but got changed.

Re: YSE 2015 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:03 am Did anyone attend the YSE AAA tryouts? Are most kids coming from Saints 2015 Tier 1 team? Noticed Kyle Bishop was initially listed as coach but got changed.
I didn't go to YSE, but I did go to COW, and the top 2015s from the Saints were there. I don't know know all of the players, since my kids not on that team, but we know a lot through friends of friends, so its possible they were split between the two. A lot of Uxbridge and north of Uxbridge kids play with the Saints it seems like. At least from 2015s.

Also, just to throw out there - at least at COW tryouts, there was probably 60ish kids. Out of those 60ish kids there was MAYBE 5 or less kids from OMHA. None of them looked like they would make the team. (they didn't look bad, but they were definitely not the top half of kids)

The experiment is live and on-going. I am not saying KSL and other private leagues made the kids better - it could be that the better kids just happened to go there. But it was very obvious the skill level difference.

Post by Guest »

Looked like 60 kids but there was 32 skaters and 9 goaltenders.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:49 pm Looked like 60 kids but there was 32 skaters and 9 goaltenders.
Not YSE but bored at work and scrolling randomly. We had similar numbers but more OMHA kids at tryouts, probably half of the group as we are further out from the city. Top kids all Klevr besides one that played AAA last year. I think 1 or 2 could make the team. If I was a betting man I would go with 1…

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:03 am Did anyone attend the YSE AAA tryouts? Are most kids coming from Saints 2015 Tier 1 team? Noticed Kyle Bishop was initially listed as coach but got changed.
Yeah, we were there.

A lot of Saints, both T1 and T2.
some YSE kids, some other MD kids. But, it looked to be dominated, skill-wise, by KSL.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:16 pm
Yeah, we were there.

some YSE kids, some other MD kids. But, it looked to be dominated, skill-wise, by KSL.
What are thoughts on Tier 2 kids being good enough to make AAA first year?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:00 pm
Yeah, we were there.

What are thoughts on Tier 2 kids being good enough to make AAA first year?
T1 and T2 the more I am around it, and the more teams I see, I've found it has more to do with the bottom half of teams than the top half that decide if its T1 or T2.

There are quite a few kids on T2 teams that i've seen, that are pretty dang good. They might have developed mid year, they might have had a growth spurt, or they just like a coach better and decided to play T2... Maybe their skating was a bit weak and they improved it. Whatever the circumstances, I wouldn't say a T2 kid has any less chance than a T1 kid.

What I WILL say is the best skaters make the teams typically, or at the very least get them much further in the tryouts. Coaches, in the first half of the first tryout have already written of all the kids that look like poor skaters, and have identified the top few kids that skate phenomenally. After that, during scrimmages coaches might see one or two kids that get them back into the fold because they do other things REALLY REALLY well. Or a couple really good skaters that get dumped because they are lost positionally or look scared out there.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, we were there.

The experiment is over for 2015 AAA - KSL kids are better than OMHA in terms of overall development

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 am
Yeah, we were there.

The experiment is over for 2015 AAA - KSL kids are better than OMHA in terms of overall development
Agreed. If I had to do it over again, I would go KSL.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 am
Yeah, we were there.

That doesn't mean KSL is the reason why they are better... It could just be the best kids went to KSL.

two different things.