2015 AAA

Re: 2015 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:09 pm What’s going on in Mississagua teams? Heard that TRW will look much more competitive against them. Knowing couple of kids that will join MR and MS, I’d agree that TRW are not too bad. Or maybe they still have some top or reasonable talent?
As far as I know Sens didn't look too well in recent scrimmages against supposedly weaker teams. It's more like an advanced AA team with AAA fees and reputable coach.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:09 pm What’s going on in Mississagua teams? Heard that TRW will look much more competitive against them. Knowing couple of kids that will join MR and MS, I’d agree that TRW are not too bad. Or maybe they still have some top or reasonable talent?
TRW are mostly made up of mid AA talent and players that were cut from other teams. Unfortunately they’re in for a long season.

Post by Guest »

Full ice-half ice question is something of the past, what's the point of discussing?
A more interesting question is the profile of the ideal non-bias coach. What type of coach is better:

-a young and ambitious lad without experience that recently retired from some kinda professional hockey. Someone like CJ, Mike Ch from Reps etc
- an midaged-old experienced coach, who's seen it all, spent his whole life in hockey. The game doesn't make his knees shake anymore, he is here to make money. Runs multiple additional classes, spring team etc. He knows everyone and everyone knows him.
- parent coach like coaches in Nats 2014 and 2015
- something else

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:14 am
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:54 am Some of you are so naive, doesn’t matter where you play - talent will rise to the top.

No issue with half ice or full ice options, mine played full ice… but just because you learned what an offside was 2 years earlier and where to lineup on a faceoff isn’t going to change your skill level in the long run. Options are great, and of course kids who played full ice earlier will obviously look better earlier on full ice… there were 2014 teams that played full ice the year before and came out the gate extremely well, and then faded into nothing once the others in the loop figured out their positional play.

Do what’s right for you… and leave it at that…. But athletic kids who are on the ice (no matter what type of play) will rise to the top. That’s just how it is.
You didn't argue a single point to what ANYONE said.

Yes the top kids will make any team they try out for. But, for the kids who aren't top 2 or 3 on the ice. Full-ice is going to give them a huge advantage to making a team. If you think its just about offsides and where to line up on a face-off you know NOTHING of hockey.

Full ice is teaching kids how to:

Break out plays from their own end
Transitional defense through the neutral zone
Defense understanding of when to pinch
forwards carrying the puck through space and making plays with the puck to their line-mates
Understanding line changes and the dynamics of when its appropriate and when its not - also being cognizant of what your line mates are doing
Short handed play
Power play
Using your defense for bump plays in the offensive zone
understanding team defense in the defensive zone
goalie timing (blue line and inwards)
goalie angles
full size nets for them

I could keep going and going.... So I think its absolutely ridiculous for you or anyone to belittle the fact that the kids playing is the KSL aren't being set up for success in the future. But, yes, one last time - the VERY BEST KIDS will still make teams from an MD program.

Once a team is set in U10 - there is very little change from one year to the next. So spots are limited and its much more difficult to make a team.
Every coach in the league at this age will take a more talented kid over all of the nonsense you spewed above. Glad that your kid played full ice starting in October instead of January, I'm sure that was the difference

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:09 pm
TRW are mostly made up of mid AA talent and players that were cut from other teams. Unfortunately they’re in for a long season.
Seems like they're not the only ones. Big up to PC and GB but these are not the teams that will spank everyone in AAA. They only have better coaching compared to TRW, the level of the kids is similar.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:15 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:54 am Some of you are so naive, doesn’t matter where you play - talent will rise to the top.

No issue with half ice or full ice options, mine played full ice… but just because you learned what an offside was 2 years earlier and where to lineup on a faceoff isn’t going to change your skill level in the long run. Options are great, and of course kids who played full ice earlier will obviously look better earlier on full ice… there were 2014 teams that played full ice the year before and came out the gate extremely well, and then faded into nothing once the others in the loop figured out their positional play.

Do what’s right for you… and leave it at that…. But athletic kids who are on the ice (no matter what type of play) will rise to the top. That’s just how it is.

Yes the top kids will make any team they try out for. But, for the kids who aren't top 2 or 3 on the ice. Full-ice is going to give them a huge advantage to making a team. If you think its just about offsides and where to line up on a face-off you know NOTHING of hockey.

forwards carrying the puck through space and making plays with the puck to their line-mates
Understanding line changes and the dynamics of when its appropriate and when its not - also being cognizant of what your line mates are doing
Short handed play
Power play
goalie angles
full size nets for them

I could keep going and going.... So I think its absolutely ridiculous for you or anyone to belittle the fact that the kids playing is the KSL aren't being set up for success in the future. But, yes, one last time - the VERY BEST KIDS will still make teams from an MD program.

Once a team is set in U10 - there is very little change from one year to the next. So spots are limited and its much more difficult to make a team.
Every coach in the league at this age will take a more talented kid over all of the nonsense you spewed above. Glad that your kid played full ice starting in October instead of January, I'm sure that was the difference
You people are so delusional.

Your kids look like crap compared to better kids, that are better prepared, and you can't deal with your poor decision you made. COW made their first round of cuts - not one single MD kid, except a goalie still in.

YSE, no idea what their cuts looked like, but the top half of the kids were ALL KSL kids. I don't think a single MD kid will make it.

Whitby - NO MD

Ajax/Pick - No MD

You can say it doesn't make a difference at tryouts, but you are wrong. Clearly it does. Proven facts.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:41 pm

Short handed play
Power play
goalie angles
full size nets for them

Your kids look like crap compared to better kids, that are better prepared, and you can't deal with your poor decision you made. COW made their first round of cuts - not one single MD kid, except a goalie still in.

YSE, no idea what their cuts looked like, but the top half of the kids were ALL KSL kids. I don't think a single MD kid will make it.

Whitby - NO MD

Ajax/Pick - No MD

You can say it doesn't make a difference at tryouts, but you are wrong. Clearly it does. Proven facts.
You know all of this from all of these regional tryouts? You drive around to these rinks and watch them?

Post by Guest »

Short handed play
Power play
goalie angles
full size nets for them

Whitby - NO MD

Ajax/Pick - No MD

And what about NSWC

Post by Guest »

Short handed play
Power play
goalie angles
full size nets for them

Whitby - NO MD

Ajax/Pick - No MD

We were KSL last year, and I can tell you this ...you still sound like an idiot. Don't say these things out loud in public, you'll embarrass your kid.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:40 pm

Short handed play
Power play
goalie angles
full size nets for them

Whitby - NO MD

Ajax/Pick - No MD

We were KSL last year, and I can tell you this ...you still sound like an idiot. Don't say these things out loud in public, you'll embarrass your kid.
Calling a u9 and below league a Super League, unironically, also has that effect.