2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Re: 2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:01 pm Sorry did the Knights win anything?

Last time I checked, LF won the prohockeylife cup.
Someone is a little jealous here of the Knights…

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:09 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:03 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:51 pm At what age should I get my kid an agent?
It's never too soon for a kid to have an agent. It's important to help your kid get ready to make the leap to AA, and an agent will get him on the right team with the best coach.
Was that a serious question? This is A hockey which compared to AAA hockey is like you trying to play basketball against an nba player. Until your kid hits 14 and is playing AAA don’t ever ask that question out loud again
So true. The level of play is such complete crap in the A loop and difficult to watch. There isn’t a player in the division that has even potential to be an impact AA player let alone a AAA player at some point in their journey. Players can dream but I guess parents will continue to open their pocket books. An agent, so funny!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:11 pm

Not sure if jealous- but they obviously took home something since people were complaining about a player trashing his hardware.

Let’s keep it civil here- congrats to the Av’s and Knights on a great final series and to the Av’s for winning it all. Congrats to all teams that put in a lot of work and developed.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 pm
It's never too soon for a kid to have an agent. It's important to help your kid get ready to make the leap to AA, and an agent will get him on the right team with the best coach.
Was that a serious question? This is A hockey which compared to AAA hockey is like you trying to play basketball against an nba player. Until your kid hits 14 and is playing AAA don’t ever ask that question out loud again
So true. The level of play is such complete crap in the A loop and difficult to watch. There isn’t a player in the division that has even potential to be an impact AA player let alone a AAA player at some point in their journey. Players can dream but I guess parents will continue to open their pocket books. An agent, so funny!!

Im not so sure about that. There are a few kids in the loops who would make those top AA teams if those top AA teams werent always backfilling with AA drop downs.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 am

Im not so sure about that. There are a few kids in the loops who would make those top AA teams if those top AA teams werent always backfilling with AA drop downs.
Until they play on a AA team (top, bottom, mid-pack), they are single A players.

Post by Guest »

Coulda shoulda

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:27 am

Not sure if jealous- but they obviously took home something since people were complaining about a player trashing his hardware.
They received a participation medal.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 pm

Dude- this is 12u A hockey- not the Stanley Cup. Pretty toxic statement on your part.

Most players didn’t get to bring anything home- but it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be happy with their season.
The East was super tight all year. The west was not as balanced but we saw the Av’s and HV rise and catch up to Vaughan.
We could pick a part every team and what they didn’t accomplished- but that would be ignoring what they actually accomplished- which for most would be getting better at hockey and loving the game.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 pm

I guess your kid loves the drives home from the rink with you

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 pm

Until they play on a AA team (top, bottom, mid-pack), they are single A players.
And what is wrong with that? This is the A thread and there are many kids who play in this division and are happy to be playing hockey. Not everyone is going to become a AAA Standout, and the way you are looking down at A is the same way AAA looks down at AA, and how A look down at Select.

There are 5 Tiers of Minor Hockey and A happens to be right smack in the middle. Nothing wrong with that.