Klevr

Re: Klevr

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:22 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 pm I was looking at the builders cup for 2016s, my kids doing AAA
I glanced at the Elite division results and for 2016 Elite Divison the Pro Hockey team seems to be losing every game.
Are the other elite teams that good or just a rough group of kids and coach for PHD?
Bulldogs i get can beat them but Is that Aces team a good team they seem to be competing well yet some of the posts here seem to be mixed reviews.
The coach of PHD is Jason Williams. OMHA kids.
There is no such thing as “elite” 7 year olds.
Its all relative to their peers you knuckle dragging goof. People read the word "Elite" and just squeeze out a little turd in their fit of rage.

You need to separate kids by skill at every age. Call it whatever you want, but its a necessity. You can't have the best kids play against the worst kids. No one develops at the point. All you risk is your garbage kid deciding they don't want to play the sport any more.

Once a kid is identified as one of the "better" players. Call them Elite, call them T1, call them AAA, call them your moms giant, sweaty, gapping butt hole... it doesn't matter. They will be on better teams, with more access to better training and competition, until they fall off the teams for whatever reason. Other kids catch up, parent cuts, kid attitude cuts, normal movement between teams, etc etc.

I am so tired of dumb people saying there are no "Elite" kids at young ages. Guess what buttercup, there is. Those kids might not remain there, but at any given time, there are 100% absolutely the best (elite) kids, and I guarantee you don't want them playing with your slow, fat, cake gobbling kid.

thanks for joining my TED talk.
there are kids who are better than others at these ages ...but do we have to call them elite? no. And these kids who are the best at 7 wont necessarily be the best at 14. I'm sure you've heard that one before.
Duh. So much changes over that much time.

But, I bet if you took the top 100 kids, 80 of them are still the top kids by 14. By being good young, you have access to better teams (which typically means you are playing with better kids) and opportunities and if you are already good at 7, I'm guessing genetics, rich parents, and high interest from the kid is all in your favour.

Post by Guest »

Now take the 80 kids mentioned. How many gonna make the NHL? Shake it off my friend. Keep things realistic. Take it for what it is. Keeps the kids engaged in something to steer clear of trouble and remaining active. If somehow things work out it’s a bonus. But nobody will know if a kid is gonna be good until they are probably 17.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm Now take the 80 kids mentioned. How many gonna make the NHL? Shake it off my friend. Keep things realistic. Take it for what it is. Keeps the kids engaged in something to steer clear of trouble and remaining active. If somehow things work out it’s a bonus. But nobody will know if a kid is gonna be good until they are probably 17.

With that attitude why would you even play AAA hockey or KSL for that matter, if you want your kid to be busy and healthy - play house league. I am not basing any decisions for my son on him getting to the NHL.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm Now take the 80 kids mentioned. How many gonna make the NHL? Shake it off my friend. Keep things realistic. Take it for what it is. Keeps the kids engaged in something to steer clear of trouble and remaining active. If somehow things work out it’s a bonus. But nobody will know if a kid is gonna be good until they are probably 17.

With that attitude why would you even play AAA hockey or KSL for that matter, if you want your kid to be busy and healthy - play house league. I am not basing any decisions for my son on him getting to the NHL.
Never understood why people are so dismissive "Well, all roads lead to Beer league". It makes no sense. In what other thing in life do you teach your child that mediocracy and complacency is acceptable and should be celebrated?

If my kid is playing hockey, and my kid WANTS to play the highest level possible for him - I will continue to push him and do what I need to do to help him be successful.

I've never seen such a loser attitude of, "my kid being good now means nothing - its how good he will be when hes 17"

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 am

Never understood why people are so dismissive "Well, all roads lead to Beer league". It makes no sense. In what other thing in life do you teach your child that mediocracy and complacency is acceptable and should be celebrated?

If my kid is playing hockey, and my kid WANTS to play the highest level possible for him - I will continue to push him and do what I need to do to help him be successful.

I've never seen such a loser attitude of, "my kid being good now means nothing - its how good he will be when hes 17"
I am a big believer in doing your best with anything you do. But, yes, there are lots of people who are just in hockey for the heck of it. I think both are cool.

Where I am lost is people paying $4k or more for hockey per year, but still saying: "Why are you even caring how good your kid is?"

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:31 am

I am a big believer in doing your best with anything you do. But, yes, there are lots of people who are just in hockey for the heck of it. I think both are cool.

Where I am lost is people paying $4k or more for hockey per year, but still saying: "Why are you even caring how good your kid is?"
Exactly. I have 2 kids who love the game and play at different levels. They both work their tails off and reap the benefits. They both care, and take it seriously. The idea that all of it is meaningless unless they play pro is aburd. Why do we all go to work unless we're the CEO of a Fortune 500? The lessons they've learned in sport will shape them. I see it already long before the draft is even a concern.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:44 am

Exactly. I have 2 kids who love the game and play at different levels. They both work their tails off and reap the benefits. They both care, and take it seriously. The idea that all of it is meaningless unless they play pro is aburd. Why do we all go to work unless we're the CEO of a Fortune 500? The lessons they've learned in sport will shape them. I see it already long before the draft is even a concern.
It’s actually the parents screaming and upset on the car ride home that is the problem. The kid tries but the parent expects more just making the kid more nervous and anxious. But dad expects his kid is the next McDavid. This is the real problem.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:20 pm

It’s actually the parents screaming and upset on the car ride home that is the problem. The kid tries but the parent expects more just making the kid more nervous and anxious. But dad expects his kid is the next McDavid. This is the real problem.
Sure, just like anything there is good parents and bad parents. I am guilty of maybe pushing my kid a bit too much sometimes, or being too honest when he asks how he did. But, overall, I think its important to have a relationship as a dad with your son that you can give them feedback in an honest way, but also understand there is a time and place and mind-set for both parties that are more ideal.

Is in the car the best place? no, probably not. But, its been proven that doing a debrief as close to an event as possible is the best time to keep things current and specific to the topic without making things ambiguous and forgetting details. Firefighters / Police / EMS all do it that way.

again, its more about building the relationship prior to that ONE conversation, where they have heard you say 100s of good things before you give a bit of constructive feedback

- do you highlight what went well?
- do you focus on 100 things and lose the point?
- Are you abusive in your language?
- Are you letting them self reflect and express what they thing went well and what didn't?

I am not here to tell you how to parent, and I am not pretending to be the best parent. I've told my kid he "F'n Sucked" before. I didn't feel great about it, and we learn as adults.

But thats life, nothing is perfect, and learning something and trying to do better is more important than that one time you messed up and said something stupid to your kid.

What has worked for me is simplifying what his focus is. I pick one or two things for him to work on during the game, or a week. Then we talk about that. It becomes more "normal" for him to do them well - and then move on to something else.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:10 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:20 pm

Sure, just like anything there is good parents and bad parents. I am guilty of maybe pushing my kid a bit too much sometimes, or being too honest when he asks how he did. But, overall, I think its important to have a relationship as a dad with your son that you can give them feedback in an honest way, but also understand there is a time and place and mind-set for both parties that are more ideal.

Is in the car the best place? no, probably not. But, its been proven that doing a debrief as close to an event as possible is the best time to keep things current and specific to the topic without making things ambiguous and forgetting details. Firefighters / Police / EMS all do it that way.

again, its more about building the relationship prior to that ONE conversation, where they have heard you say 100s of good things before you give a bit of constructive feedback

- do you highlight what went well?
- do you focus on 100 things and lose the point?
- Are you abusive in your language?
- Are you letting them self reflect and express what they thing went well and what didn't?

I am not here to tell you how to parent, and I am not pretending to be the best parent. I've told my kid he "F'n Sucked" before. I didn't feel great about it, and we learn as adults.

But thats life, nothing is perfect, and learning something and trying to do better is more important than that one time you messed up and said something stupid to your kid.

What has worked for me is simplifying what his focus is. I pick one or two things for him to work on during the game, or a week. Then we talk about that. It becomes more "normal" for him to do them well - and then move on to something else.
You are overthinking it. Agree with the post about screwed up parents. But let’s be honest a lot of parents expectations are unrealistic. The kid might just not be at the level the parents may think.

Post by Guest »

WW AAA roster is all from Klevr. All kids from YK, one from YK East and one from Junior Wings. Not a single kid from Whitby MD. Looks like the same thing with the Barrie Jr Colts where the roster is all from Purple Cobras. Seems like a huge talent gap between KSL and local MD teams.