U14 LOR Rules

U14 LOR Rules

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know if according to OHF LOR rules at u14 and above kids can tryout for any OMHA or GTHL team provided they reside in the LOR such as Oakville. I’ve heard all that is needed is PTS which must be granted when requested and it differs from a release.

Re: U14 LOR Rules

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 am Does anyone know if according to OHF LOR rules at u14 and above kids can tryout for any OMHA or GTHL team provided they reside in the LOR such as Oakville. I’ve heard all that is needed is PTS which must be granted when requested and it differs from a release.
What is a PTS?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 am Does anyone know if according to OHF LOR rules at u14 and above kids can tryout for any OMHA or GTHL team provided they reside in the LOR such as Oakville. I’ve heard all that is needed is PTS which must be granted when requested and it differs from a release.
What is a PTS?
Permission to skate form you noob

Post by Guest »

PTS = Post Traumatic Stress

From his childhood from being forced to play a sport his old man wanted him to and put all his time and money into.

Post by Guest »

They cannot deny a PTS but you have to be in the LOR.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 pm They cannot deny a PTS but you have to be in the LOR.
Then What's the point of a PTS if it can't be denied?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:14 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 pm They cannot deny a PTS but you have to be in the LOR.
Isn’t it just a formality? There is a release and a PTS. At u14 PTS cannot be denied as per my understanding

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm
Isn’t it just a formality? There is a release and a PTS. At u14 PTS cannot be denied as per my understanding
My understanding is that it is open boarders at U14. So I assume you don't need a release but need a PTS that can't be denied the more I learn about OHF/LOR rules the more I realize how bad the system is. Too many people hungry for the money and no one cares about the players and family's involved

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:43 am
My understanding is that it is open boarders at U14. So I assume you don't need a release but need a PTS that can't be denied the more I learn about OHF/LOR rules the more I realize how bad the system is. Too many people hungry for the money and no one cares about the players and family's involved
Borders in hockey should be gone. Other sports don’t it. People find ways so just get rid of it. This is why KSL is also so attractive an option at younger ages.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:43 am
Borders in hockey should be gone. Other sports don’t it. People find ways so just get rid of it. This is why KSL is also so attractive an option at younger ages.
Other sports do it.