Good players held hostage - Bad players given releases

Re: Good players held hostage - Bad players given releases

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:24 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:19 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:09 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 am Being a good player teams won’t release you but if you’re bad you get your release. Garbage organizations/coaches holding players hostage.
Explain to me again why I wouldn’t want to keep the good and release the bad?
Explain to everyone why you should have any say in where a child gets to chase his dream. You're nobody. Drop the god complex and give the people what they want.
Well once you sign your registration card, which you do freely, you are registered to that team for the season. I’m assuming everyone understands that. If at the end of the season you didn’t like that situation don’t re-sign. Move on.
You know they own your rights and you can't go wherever you want
Right? It just isn't that easy.
Rights are only good for one year in the G. The old 2 year card is a thing of the past.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 am Being a good player teams won’t release you but if you’re bad you get your release. Garbage organizations/coaches holding players hostage.
Explain to everyone why you should have any say in where a child gets to chase his dream. You're nobody. Drop the god complex and give the people what they want.
Well once you sign your registration card, which you do freely, you are registered to that team for the season. I’m assuming everyone understands that. If at the end of the season you didn’t like that situation don’t re-sign. Move on.
Rights are only good for one year in the G. The old 2 year card is a thing of the past.
Just send your kid out and tell him to lay on the ice. If the coach wants to explain to other parents why he's taking the laying kid who doesn't want to be they're over a hard working kid who's been loyal to the coach, good luck with that.

It's why we got out of the omha for the G. Absolutely ridiculous

Post by Guest »

2 year releases are still a thing if you get one in either u10, u12 or u14 and stay with the same team for the 2nd year

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm

2 year releases are still a thing if you get one in either u10, u12 or u14 and stay with the same team for the 2nd year
We just went through tryout and fortunately made the team. However, you can request to be signed after the 2nd skate and if they say no then you can request a release. Coach was very upfront about that in the parent meeting. I know this is too little too late but something to think about for next year.

Post by Guest »

Players can ask from release after 3rd tryout if not signed

Post by Guest »

In OMHA if a player is not offered an offer of commitment after the 4th (not 2nd or 3rd) tryout day you can ask for a waiver and go to an adjacent centre. If the coach gives you that commitment offer, you're stuck playing there or saying no and dropping to AA tryouts. Coaches and organizations hold ALL the power. Good players have zero options and lower level players are full of options at this time of year. The rules make families go to extremes to do what they think is best for their situation.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 pm In OMHA if a player is not offered an offer of commitment after the 4th (not 2nd or 3rd) tryout day you can ask for a waiver and go to an adjacent centre. If the coach gives you that commitment offer, you're stuck playing there or saying no and dropping to AA tryouts. Coaches and organizations hold ALL the power. Good players have zero options and lower level players are full of options at this time of year. The rules make families go to extremes to do what they think is best for their situation.
I would also ask yourself this

Who wants the release
You or your kid
And
You can just move
No one says you have to live in a certain centre
Go to where you think the grass is greener
In all likelihood hood the same reasons you want out will pop up at your new home
The reason being is that YOU were the cause of the toxic environment that you want out of

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 pm In OMHA if a player is not offered an offer of commitment after the 4th (not 2nd or 3rd) tryout day you can ask for a waiver and go to an adjacent centre. If the coach gives you that commitment offer, you're stuck playing there or saying no and dropping to AA tryouts. Coaches and organizations hold ALL the power. Good players have zero options and lower level players are full of options at this time of year. The rules make families go to extremes to do what they think is best for their situation.

Who wants the release
You or your kid
And
You can just move
In all likelihood hood the same reasons you want out will pop up at your new home
The reason being is that YOU were the cause of the toxic environment that you want out of
This argument about moving is so simplistic. Why should anyone have to move just so their kid can play on a competitive AAA/AA hockey team? These idiotic rules were made with the best intentions, right? We all know where best intentions normally lead. No, any kid should be able to play anywhere in the province. There should be no restrictions. Are we in a communist country???

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm

Who wants the release
You or your kid
And
You can just move
This argument about moving is so simplistic. Why should anyone have to move just so their kid can play on a competitive AAA/AA hockey team? These idiotic rules were made with the best intentions, right? We all know where best intentions normally lead. No, any kid should be able to play anywhere in the province. There should be no restrictions. Are we in a communist country???
No we aren’t
That’s why you are free to move where you want to play

Good riddance

Post by Guest »

It’s actually ridiculous that you cannot play hockey where you want. Parents don’t want to spend weekends driving to Kingston and Belleville.