Re: 2014 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:04 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:54 pm :?:
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:50 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:06 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:19 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:17 am

Judging by the way the Americans totally humiliated PH in the final this weekend Ontario kids aren’t even close to catching up. They could have scored 10 or 12 if the coach didn’t call off the dogs. AND THAT WASN’T EVEN A BRICK TEAM
Minny brick beat that Prime team 4-0 two weeks ago at shattuck
Definitely was not the same group of players on the prime team then.
It was the same group we know a few of the families.
Their top 5-6 skaters were there at the very least. Either way it’s not even a brick team and those kids don’t even practice together 😮
Where are they mostly from?
The '14 prime team that played over weekend - most of their top kids are from the Boston area. One from NY. You can see who they are on the tournament stat page.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:19 am

Minny brick beat that Prime team 4-0 two weeks ago at shattuck
Their top 5-6 skaters were there at the very least. Either way it’s not even a brick team and those kids don’t even practice together 😮
The '14 prime team that played over weekend - most of their top kids are from the Boston area. One from NY. You can see who they are on the tournament stat page.
PH amx BD don't make it.oit.of the round robin at brick. 14 age group is already horrible and both these two organizations are driven by relationships and money.

Minnesota runs away with it by a touchdown

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:05 pm

PH amx BD don't make it.oit.of the round robin at brick. 14 age group is already horrible and both these two organizations are driven by relationships and money.

Relationships and 💰 rule the hockey landscape and brick is no different. Reputation players at 7 aren’t necessarily brick players at 9, but your name and fathers name can get you there. BD are BS guaranteed they don’t make it out of RR

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 pm

Relationships and 💰 rule the hockey landscape and brick is no different. Reputation players at 7 aren’t necessarily brick players at 9, but your name and fathers name can get you there. BD are BS guaranteed they don’t make it out of RR
I don't know what these initials are

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 pm

I don't know what these initials are
BD= Bulldogs or B1g D1ck?
BS= Bullshit

Post by Guest »

I feel like i need to shed some light on this Brick situation. Having gone through this last year with my 2013 kid who played on a Toronto brick team let me give you some insights as to what you will see and come to realize.

The teams are not made up of the best players within their respective boundaries. Spots on both teams are bought for large sums of money or sponsorship. Aligning with a program 2-3 years before brick means nothing as well.

During the lead up to the final tournament (Edmonton) you kid will be practicing at a decent level but will not learn anything they already don't know. The coaches on both teams really don't want to be there as the $$ has already been spent and lined within their pockets. Parents will all hate each other behind their backs of course once they see their kids getting less ice from others. By tournament 3 resent starts to set it and coaching goes to shit as they start to see they are not going to win anything.

In Edmonton the atmosphere is really cool and positive for the kids. You see some great teams and meet some great people. Last year the good teams were built like hockey teams, not run and gun try to skate through everyone Toronto hockey style. The American and Montreal programs are miles ahead of Ontario for one reason (Greed). Lesson learned on my part, again cool experience for my kid but i would never do it again, spring hockey is not what you all think it is. Take some time off , go fishing, play other sports then mix in strong focused development.

Good Luck to both brick teams

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:47 am I feel like i need to shed some light on this Brick situation. Having gone through this last year with my 2013 kid who played on a Toronto brick team let me give you some insights as to what you will see and come to realize.

The teams are not made up of the best players within their respective boundaries. Spots on both teams are bought for large sums of money or sponsorship. Aligning with a program 2-3 years before brick means nothing as well.

During the lead up to the final tournament (Edmonton) you kid will be practicing at a decent level but will not learn anything they already don't know. The coaches on both teams really don't want to be there as the $$ has already been spent and lined within their pockets. Parents will all hate each other behind their backs of course once they see their kids getting less ice from others. By tournament 3 resent starts to set it and coaching goes to shit as they start to see they are not going to win anything.

In Edmonton the atmosphere is really cool and positive for the kids. You see some great teams and meet some great people. Last year the good teams were built like hockey teams, not run and gun try to skate through everyone Toronto hockey style. The American and Montreal programs are miles ahead of Ontario for one reason (Greed). Lesson learned on my part, again cool experience for my kid but i would never do it again, spring hockey is not what you all think it is. Take some time off , go fishing, play other sports then mix in strong focused development.

There it is - bang on. It’s not much different than regular AAA hockey. You get the popular kids, whose parents are connected, the rich parents whose kid everyone talks about, the best friend of the coaches kid, the couple of stand outs, then the one or two kids who genuinely make it on their own.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:47 am I feel like i need to shed some light on this Brick situation. Having gone through this last year with my 2013 kid who played on a Toronto brick team let me give you some insights as to what you will see and come to realize.

The parents are the problem in Ontario. (Toronto)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:07 am

Parents are the same everywhere, hate to break it to you. This description is spot on, especially the last line. Take some time off from the team environment. Strongly believe having been through this the best off season plan is other sports and focused hockey development. Important to get away from a team for the spring/summer. Work on individual stuff in the offseason, have a plan and spend your money wisely. Playing on another team in the offseason isn't the advantage many think it is.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:07 am

Same experience. The interesting part is when the coaches and parents mingle at the tournament. Coaches are out drinking all night, show up half in the bag, moms and dad’s get mouthy and there is always some fights/ drama. Lots of relationships and back stabbing will occur. Happens year after year. Most parent realize that johnny is not a premier player and they blame things like “ he payed for the spot, if the coach put my kid at centre etc” it is a very expensive way to make new enemies