So called "hockey experts"

Re: So called "hockey experts"

Post by Guest »

I've been approached by a few this past year but did not bite. heard of some paying up to $15,000 for some kinda advisor or something like this. For what? Anyone we should be looking out for i feel there are a few scammers lurking in the weeds waiting to take advantage of a few "wet behind the ear" victims.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:54 am It's more important now than ever before to pay an expert to help you navigate this mess we call "organized" hockey. You need to step up from Novice. Minor Novice is even better. Don't get left behind!
I agree....my son is playing ELITE AAAAAAA Spring hockey.

In case you didn't know all the CHL and NCAA scouts attend these tournaments to see "best play the best" and who elevates their game. I had one scout say to me "if I was not at Westwood at 715am on Friday I would have missed out on this generational talent" while another one said "I delayed my wedding to see the finals of the U9 game...quick pace, back and forth...only 4 kids cried and one one pissed themselves"

Post by Guest »

I trust myself and only myself. These other weird people who pretend to have an interest in my son’s hockey career creep me out. Hanging out at ring and watching kids play when you are not related to them is just creepy!

Post by Guest »

niow if only everything on this thread could get translated to every other language, everyone can be "buyer beware" . warn your friends. Families getting scammed large. Beware of those crooked, desperate, washed up coaches in the lobby and rinkside looking to score large by selling their "expertise", hahaha.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:42 pm I disagree, trust the board members. They have the vision for the organization and development you will receive for your son or daughter. Coaches have alternative motives.
It's hockey, trust no one. Governing bodies, toxic old boys club. Board members will make decisions based on which way the wind is blowing. Lots of agendas and motives to control coaches and teams. Coaches, forget it. Most of useless washed up milk bags that are egomaniac drunks, the others are trying to get you to go to their hockey school/clinics. Other parents, NOPE, biggest gossiping and critical backstabbers you'll meet. Watch out for number one. Give less of a chit when kids are younger because when they're 16, you'll see how many people waste time, energy, friendships over bs. Enjoy the game, enjoy your childs success and other players/team success. The kids are great for the most part and it's over before you know it. You will meet some good people through the journey and a whole bunch of aholes.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:06 am
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:42 pm I disagree, trust the board members. They have the vision for the organization and development you will receive for your son or daughter. Coaches have alternative motives.
It's hockey, trust no one. Governing bodies, toxic old boys club. Board members will make decisions based on which way the wind is blowing. Lots of agendas and motives to control coaches and teams. Coaches, forget it. Most of useless washed up milk bags that are egomaniac drunks, the others are trying to get you to go to their hockey school/clinics. Other parents, NOPE, biggest gossiping and critical backstabbers you'll meet. Watch out for number one. Give less of a chit when kids are younger because when they're 16, you'll see how many people waste time, energy, friendships over bs. Enjoy the game, enjoy your childs success and other players/team success. The kids are great for the most part and it's over before you know it. You will meet some good people through the journey and a whole bunch of aholes.
The one rule i always used with my kids from U10-U12 is never playing for a coach who has any affiliation to any sort of hockey school or for someone who makes a living from hockey in general. Those are the blood suckers of this game.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:47 am Beware of those trying to give you advice on your child's hockey career. Especially those of you with young children. Do not get fooled into paying "consultants" or "advisors". Trust your instincts and people you know.
Join the Lions Club, Masons and Rotary Club.
SW Ontario controls hockey and it’s a club baby.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:33 am
The one rule i always used with my kids from U10-U12 is never playing for a coach who has any affiliation to any sort of hockey school or for someone who makes a living from hockey in general. Those are the blood suckers of this game.
I would disagree with this, You want a volunteer parent coach? I get that many that do this are only focused on the money they get from their schools however if you talk to them you can quickly get a good idea who they are.

You want a good coach that knows how to develop young players. Who cares about winning or losing at that age group

Post by Guest »

Despicable. Hockey parents are the worst. Trust no one. If you are a good person don’t get caught up in the drama. The amount of backstabbing and stepping over that happens is shocking. Trust. No. One.

Post by Guest »

27 yrs coaching ...Timbits to Jr...H/L to AAA

My experience is most parents are great overall..sometimes they get a bit nuts but usually level headed and understand the landscape.

The remaining ones are ones you cannot trust. They usually befriend the parent of a kid who does not play their kids position then talk sheet all game long about other kids.

As a coach I know I am a means to an end for these parents. Thankfully they are too dim to understand I can read them from a mile away.

Return to “2004 And Younger”