Re: 2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:52 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:20 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:17 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:27 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:06 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:38 pm

The only grain of truth in your comments is the part about skating. While ARD scores way more goals than everyone else (must be the “throwing sticks” and entitled tantrums… that’s some serious class envy, LOL), they do lack speed and defence to a certain extent. Despite this, they’ve been right at the top of the standings in U11 and U12. Now, three of the weakest skaters are off the team. ARD has never lost a player to AA or even A and they improve their roster every season… from taking the best players from imploding FH and YM teams, to now picking up three great skaters.

Every other top calibre team lost best players. I think you’ll be in for a surprise in U13. And ARD’s coach coached AAA for many seasons, including players now in the NHL, but stopped doing so when he started his own hockey school. Unquestionably one of the best coaches.
Obviously there's more to hockey than scoring goals. Since ARD has never gone deep in the playoffs. I didn't see any evidence of stellar coaching. Dirtiest team in the loop. Ducks are going to lay an egg next season.
Yes, there is more to hockey than scoring goals… it’s the difference between goals for and against. The Ducks have outperformed their talent due to the stellar coaching. ARD only lost to one team in the U11 playoff round robin then had a bad game in Round 2 vs. NYK. Their main goalie was out with injury in U12. I don’t think you’re able to name any other top team with better off season moves. Obviously DMM is a wild card. Your “dirtiest” comment is laughable.
Again worth mentioning. ARD was 0-3-2 against the Aeros and tied their game in the playoffs.
That is true and TA’s coach was one of the best, but the weaker (departing) ARD goalie played in 100% of these games, with one exception being when a defensman was in net during XMas break and the 2013 ARD roster played. The stronger goalie had a sub 1.5 GAA, playing against the better teams and ARD’s GFA was 3.21, way above any other team. With that goalie playing all U13 games and replacing its weakest players with AA players, in what fantasy world will ARD not be a top 3 team?
I'll take a fact check on this.

Yes, the Xmas break game was an anomaly that ended in a lopsided score but credit to TA coach for making his kids complete 3-4 passes prior to trying to score once it got ugly.

TA chased the back up in one game and ended up scoring an equal amount against the "#1" goalie. Pretty certain the faced the #1 in one of the ties as well.
That is false. And the #1 only played against TA in the playoff tie game immediately after he was out for 4 weeks.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:21 am
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:55 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:16 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:54 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:14 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:27 pm

But NYK’s best players went to AA too. ARD didn’t lose any to AA. They lost three non-core players and their secondary goalie… all leaving competitive hockey. They’ve been replaced by two AA players and a NT A player. Would be shocked if NYK crushed ARD when they were neck and neck last season.
ARD never had depth. Never advanced in playoffs. Relied on 2 or 3 kids for goal scoring. I would also peg them as the dirtiest team in the loop. They'll be 3rd or 4th at best.
NYK has held that title since U10.
Until last year it was SIR going all the way back to CDS years. Can’t recall ever worrying about the Knights, but you’d go in to the SIR games telling your kid to be careful going in the corners.
95% of the CDS team went to AA so I call BS on that. SIR had 1 kid who played too physical and was often in the penalty box. Nowhere close to the level of dirty play you see from ARD and NYK.
Good for them. Hey, maybe SIR turned over 17 players a year since they were 6, no idea. Not sure of relevance.

While I’m at it no idea where ARD as dirty comes from, they never struck me that way.

Still not talking about last year, as I said in first place. Go play ARD, worried about stretch pass break. Play NYK, worried about getting goalied and out efforted. Play SIR, worry about getting gooned. Team philosophy until they changed the coach this past year.

My opinion.
This is all accurate

Post by Guest »

It’s not exactly a hot take. And whatever, I don’t mind physical hockey one bit, it’s a tough sport, supposed to be.

But if you’re saying anything other than SIR was the “dirtiest”, for however much you can apply that to the kids, team until they imploded last year, you’re either a SIR parent with blinders on (fine), lying, or weren’t around for the duration and just going recency (last season) bias.

Post by Guest »

Dirtest team in the loop is by far NYK. Kids played like a bunch of cry babies and their parents were just as bad. Coaches didn't discourage bully behavirour after taunting opposing teams following goals. Parents carried it over into the stands.

ARD is a solid team and will once again be top 3 - I don't see them as dirty. To claim they've destroyed everyone in spring should be taken with a grain of salt - they had a top AA player playing in all their tournaments and kid scored 90% of their goals and the reason they won the Silver Stick.

TA had the best coach - did the most with the least amount of talent and you could see their progression over the year. Will have to do the same next season as many of their top kids left.

Dark-horse in the loop is the Islanders, saw them practicing over the past couple of weeks and 2 really high end goalies. We played them multiple times last year and they're a completely different team.

My son is not in the loop, but rather the West and very much enjoyed seeing the tears of the cry baby Knights in the finals....

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:42 am Dirtest team in the loop is by far NYK. Kids played like a bunch of cry babies and their parents were just as bad. Coaches didn't discourage bully behavirour after taunting opposing teams following goals. Parents carried it over into the stands.

ARD is a solid team and will once again be top 3 - I don't see them as dirty. To claim they've destroyed everyone in spring should be taken with a grain of salt - they had a top AA player playing in all their tournaments and kid scored 90% of their goals and the reason they won the Silver Stick.

TA had the best coach - did the most with the least amount of talent and you could see their progression over the year. Will have to do the same next season as many of their top kids left.

Dark-horse in the loop is the Islanders, saw them practicing over the past couple of weeks and 2 really high end goalies. We played them multiple times last year and they're a completely different team.

My son is not in the loop, but rather the West and very much enjoyed seeing the tears of the cry baby Knights in the finals....
Sorry, Golden Glide tournament, not Silver Stick.

Post by Guest »

ARD was never top 3. That would be LF, NYK and TRT.

ARD definitely has a few dirty players. One of them used their stick as a javelin and threw it at the legs of a player on a break out. Dangerous play but coach and parent group thought that was OK. Gross.

Anyway I think top 3 will repeat. From what I've seen in tryouts LF looks really strong with AA upgrades.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:51 am ARD was never top 3. That would be LF, NYK and TRT.

ARD definitely has a few dirty players. One of them used their stick as a javelin and threw it at the legs of a player on a break out. Dangerous play but coach and parent group thought that was OK. Gross.

Anyway I think top 3 will repeat. From what I've seen in tryouts LF looks really strong with AA upgrades.
LF has been a great team since U11 and I expect nothing less for U13. I think they lost a player to AA but gained two.

ARD was in 2nd place in U11, ahead of LF and TRT. In U12, they were in first place with 4 games left in the season when the goalie's wrist broke. They ended the season in fourth place, 1 point behind NYK (East playoff champs) and just 4 points out of first. To say they were never top 3 is absurd. It sounds like you're the only person who saw the "javelin"... or more likely that you're fabricating.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:37 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:51 am ARD was never top 3. That would be LF, NYK and TRT.

LF has been a great team since U11 and I expect nothing less for U13. I think they lost a player to AA but gained two.

ARD was in 2nd place in U11, ahead of LF and TRT. In U12, they were in first place with 4 games left in the season when the goalie's wrist broke. They ended the season in fourth place, 1 point behind NYK (East playoff champs) and just 4 points out of first. To say they were never top 3 is absurd. It sounds like you're the only person who saw the "javelin"... or more likely that you're fabricating.
The GAA is a clear indicator they are not top 3. Being ahead in standings means nothing until all regular season games have been played. ARD goalie is not in top 3 either.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:23 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:55 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:16 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:54 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:14 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:27 pm

But NYK’s best players went to AA too. ARD didn’t lose any to AA. They lost three non-core players and their secondary goalie… all leaving competitive hockey. They’ve been replaced by two AA players and a NT A player. Would be shocked if NYK crushed ARD when they were neck and neck last season.
ARD never had depth. Never advanced in playoffs. Relied on 2 or 3 kids for goal scoring. I would also peg them as the dirtiest team in the loop. They'll be 3rd or 4th at best.
NYK has held that title since U10.
Until last year it was SIR going all the way back to CDS years. Can’t recall ever worrying about the Knights, but you’d go in to the SIR games telling your kid to be careful going in the corners.
95% of the CDS team went to AA so I call BS on that. SIR had 1 kid who played too physical and was often in the penalty box. Nowhere close to the level of dirty play you see from ARD and NYK.
Calling BS? CDS programs tend to have 2-4 teams and in most cases at least one of those teams becomes an A team. I know for a fact that A FH, YM, and NT 2012 teams came from CDS… i.e. 3 of the 8 U12 teams and I believe several more. How can anyone buy what you’re saying when you make outrageous claims like “95% of the CDS teams went to AA”?!
I didn't say 95% of CDS teams. I said 95% of the kids at the top SIR CDS team went on to form the U10AA team. SIR did have a 2nd CDS team and many of those kids went outside the ORG to AA. The 2012A U10 SIR team was made up of only a few kids from those "goon CDS clubs" you're making up. Half that roster was actually the West Hill AA team that folded before the season even started because they didn't have a goalie. Those kids all scrambled and joined SIR U10A.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:07 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:37 pm

The GAA is a clear indicator they are not top 3. Being ahead in standings means nothing until all regular season games have been played. ARD goalie is not in top 3 either.
GAA in games he started was under 1.5 and he generally played against the stronger teams. As an example, he never lost to LF. You must not understand the definition of “never” because I demonstrated that ARD finished U11 in 2nd place.