Re: 2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:39 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:20 am
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:42 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:05 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:49 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:07 pm

The GAA is a clear indicator they are not top 3. Being ahead in standings means nothing until all regular season games have been played. ARD goalie is not in top 3 either.
GAA in games he started was under 1.5 and he generally played against the stronger teams. As an example, he never lost to LF. You must not understand the definition of “never” because I demonstrated that ARD finished U11 in 2nd place.
OK looks like we found the goalie dad. Whatever happened in U11 is not relevant as teams change and U12 was last season. Again there are no stats to support ARD being a top 3 team. They relied on 2-3 goal scorers and it's going to.be much harder for them in U13. I have them in 5th place max for next season.

1. LF
2.NYK
3.TRT
4.NT
5.ARD/DMM/SIR/TA
You’re moving the goalposts. You said ARD had never been a top 3 team. They’re the only team that did not lose a top player and will have AA upgrades and no weaker goalie. Top 3 finish is no guarantee for anyone, but your confidence that they’ll definitely become weaker is baseless. And it’s comical to claim that the basement teams (SIR, TA) will be around equal in the standings with ARD.

100% not a goalie dad but ARD’s top goalie is unquestionably great and has had multiple AA roster offers.

NYK lost its 3 main scorers. Why don’t feel they’ll be in 2nd place? NT and MI could greatly improve in U13.
For what its worth, 1 of those basement teams owned the Ducks all season.
Aeros had 21 points in dead last place and lost their best player. Imagine an Aeros dad dunking on a 41 point team and confidently proclaiming they'll be even in the standings next season!

21 Points on an expansion team was a highly respectable result. That team gave every opponent a tough game almost every night. I dont think the poster is talking about next season. I think the poster is pointing out that the Dominant ARD went winless against TA. Cant have ARD in conversation as a top team in the loop if they couldnt muster 1 W vs. the last place team, even if that team gave the rest of the league fits all year.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:59 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:01 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:55 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:33 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:18 am

This. Being 1st place, when other teams have 4-5 games in hand does not mean you are a 1st place team.
Replying to your own post! :lol: On February 9 when ARD was in first place and the goalie got injured.... ARD, NYK, LF, and TRT all had 4 regular season games left.
Actually not.

You can spin it however you want, but again, ARD hasn't won anything. GAA -1 compared to the top 3 teams. And you're blaming it on your #2 goalie, lol.

In case you didn't get the memo, this is hockey, not tennis. It's a team sport. Ducks are weak, quack quack.
Keyboard warrior TA dad pivots from his lie that "ARD has never been a Top 3 team" to "ARD hasn't won anything" as if that ever was the claim.
Yes, the #1 goalie's GAA was lower than all the other top teams' overall GAA.
That's great. But in the end they didn't make enough of a difference to lift ARD in the top 3. Personally I rank them 5th
Okay, same Aeros dad pretending to be different people, LOL! You've shifted from ARD will perform no better in the standings than SIR or TA... to begrudgingly admitting they''ll be a Top 5 team, when you know very well they'll probably be higher than that. How will TA improve when they lost their only good player?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:51 am
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:49 pm

GAA in games he started was under 1.5 and he generally played against the stronger teams. As an example, he never lost to LF. You must not understand the definition of “never” because I demonstrated that ARD finished U11 in 2nd place.
OK looks like we found the goalie dad. Whatever happened in U11 is not relevant as teams change and U12 was last season. Again there are no stats to support ARD being a top 3 team. They relied on 2-3 goal scorers and it's going to.be much harder for them in U13. I have them in 5th place max for next season.

1. LF
2.NYK
3.TRT
4.NT
5.ARD/DMM/SIR/TA
You’re moving the goalposts. You said ARD had never been a top 3 team. They’re the only team that did not lose a top player and will have AA upgrades and no weaker goalie. Top 3 finish is no guarantee for anyone, but your confidence that they’ll definitely become weaker is baseless. And it’s comical to claim that the basement teams (SIR, TA) will be around equal in the standings with ARD.

100% not a goalie dad but ARD’s top goalie is unquestionably great and has had multiple AA roster offers.

NYK lost its 3 main scorers. Why don’t feel they’ll be in 2nd place? NT and MI could greatly improve in U13.
Aeros had 21 points in dead last place and lost their best player. Imagine an Aeros dad dunking on a 41 point team and confidently proclaiming they'll be even in the standings next season!

21 Points on an expansion team was a highly respectable result. That team gave every opponent a tough game almost every night. I dont think the poster is talking about next season. I think the poster is pointing out that the Dominant ARD went winless against TA. Cant have ARD in conversation as a top team in the loop if they couldnt muster 1 W vs. the last place team, even if that team gave the rest of the league fits all year.
The "poster" is you, hahaha! Is Aeros dad in the room with us right now? ARD was 2nd place in U11 and one point out of the top 3 in U12, then upgraded its roster with AA players... but you're pretending that you can't conceive that they could get one more point in U13 than U12.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:56 am

1. LF
2.NYK
3.TRT
4.NT
5.ARD/DMM/SIR/TA

The "poster" is you, hahaha! Is Aeros dad in the room with us right now? ARD was 2nd place in U11 and one point out of the top 3 in U12, then upgraded its roster with AA players... but you're pretending that you can't conceive that they could get one more point in U13 than U12.
The fallacy here is that AA players belong in AA. In A, they are A players. That said it shouldn't be hard to upgrade ARD as most of their roster was subpar.

I felt our games against TA looked more like competitive hockey games than when we played ARD. Strategy against ARD was always to shut down 1 or 2 individual players and then you'd win. Take out the 2 top players of each team, and TA would be the better team.

I thought LF was the best team last year, they truly played as a team. Their record against ARD must be a fluke.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:40 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:56 am

The fallacy here is that AA players belong in AA. In A, they are A players. That said it shouldn't be hard to upgrade ARD as most of their roster was subpar.

I felt our games against TA looked more like competitive hockey games than when we played ARD. Strategy against ARD was always to shut down 1 or 2 individual players and then you'd win. Take out the 2 top players of each team, and TA would be the better team.

I thought LF was the best team last year, they truly played as a team. Their record against ARD must be a fluke.
But you ARE the TA dad!

Aeros dad's logic: ARD beating LF 4 times and not losing season series to ANY other team besides TA was a FLUKE, but TA beating ARD twice (plus the 8-0 XMas game against U11) was not a fluke, but in fact perfectly reflected the quality of their team! Aero's dad logic: LF, NYK, TRT, MI, NT, and SIR couldn't beat ARD in any of their season series... but ARD's roster was "SUBPAR" LOL

TA had 21 points and lost their only good player, but their victories against ARD in U12 is proof that they'll be just as good as ARD in U13... a team that replaced weaker players with players coming down from AA.

I think even Joe Biden could beat you in a debate!

Post by Guest »

Please stop this. Season is over.

ARD was inconsequential last year. As was TA.

Next season prediction:

1. LF
2. NYK
3.TRT
4. TRT new
5. MI
6. SIR
7. LF new
8. TA
9. ARD

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:45 pm Please stop this. Season is over.

Next season prediction:

1. LF
2. NYK
3.TRT
4. TRT new
5. MI
6. SIR
7. LF new
8. TA
9. ARD
Possibly DMM 9 and ARD 10

Post by Guest »

Next season prediction:

1. LF
2. NYK
3.TRT
4. TRT new
5. MI
6. SIR
7. LF new
8. TA
9. ARD
This same disgruntled clown thinks TA will have more points than ARD and he’s just so knowledgeable that he thinks there will be 9 teams in the East, not 12! He’s so content with the performance of his son’s Aeros team that he repeatedly comes on this forum only to trash a team twice as good as his son’s. Totally normal behaviour.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:51 pm

Next season prediction:

1. LF
2. NYK
3.TRT
4. TRT new
5. MI
6. SIR
7. LF new
8. TA
9. ARD
Yeah, the Aeros will totally be better than Don Mills but worse than the team coming up from Select! :lol:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:22 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:51 pm

Next season prediction:

1. LF
2. NYK
3.TRT
4. TRT new
5. MI
6. SIR
7. LF new
8. TA
9. ARD
Yeah, the Aeros will totally be better than Don Mills but worse than the team coming up from Select! :lol:
Sorry, here it is:

1. LF
2. NYK
3.TRT
4. NT
5. TRT new
6. MI
7. SIR
8. LF new
9. TA
10. DMM
11. ARD