2009 Draftday Prospects 2023

Re: 2009 Draftday Prospects 2023

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:57 am Ok. Although my kid is playing in this event, I will give you proper perspective on it. It will be a fun weekend that we all have paid for and the competition will be great! That's it!! My boy is super excited to participate.

The reality of it is there will be little to no scouts who will watch this. There will be a few sleezy agents in attendance who will make up shit so they can have control of your kids future for a cost. Stay away from them!!

No scout in their right mind would value this tournament. In 2 years when the boys are MM...totally different! The stands will be packed watching that age group with valued perspectives. Do you think for a second that this 'money maker' will have any merit on 13/14 year old boys in their draft year?? The same can be said about kids who played in the Brick tournament years ago. No merit at all.

When the boys are 16/17 years old in MM, that's when it will all matter!

Remember to take it for what its worth mom and dad...I know I am.

Well said! I cant wait for MM when the 'entitled kid' who doesn't put in the work and has been living off his brick years gets RUN over by the kids who want it and are hungry! Hopefully he'll still have his 'draftday' tee shirt to show his buddies when he's playing beer league!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:06 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:57 am Ok. Although my kid is playing in this event, I will give you proper perspective on it. It will be a fun weekend that we all have paid for and the competition will be great! That's it!! My boy is super excited to participate.

The reality of it is there will be little to no scouts who will watch this. There will be a few sleezy agents in attendance who will make up shit so they can have control of your kids future for a cost. Stay away from them!!

No scout in their right mind would value this tournament. In 2 years when the boys are MM...totally different! The stands will be packed watching that age group with valued perspectives. Do you think for a second that this 'money maker' will have any merit on 13/14 year old boys in their draft year?? The same can be said about kids who played in the Brick tournament years ago. No merit at all.

Well said! I cant wait for MM when the 'entitled kid' who doesn't put in the work and has been living off his brick years gets RUN over by the kids who want it and are hungry! Hopefully he'll still have his 'draftday' tee shirt to show his buddies when he's playing beer league!!
Still more than your kid will have.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:56 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:06 pm

Still more than your kid will have.
Who cares, as long as the kids are having fun, staying active and gaining from the experience

Post by Guest »

Northern Ontario roster is up. I thought the Jr Soo had this Chitaroni kid that plays for Axis...?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:04 pm Northern Ontario roster is up. I thought the Jr Soo had this Chitaroni kid that plays for Axis...?
They do. He plays a year up for the 08s. He must have said no because he's definitely the top 09 up that way.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:18 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:04 pm Northern Ontario roster is up. I thought the Jr Soo had this Chitaroni kid that plays for Axis...?
They do. He plays a year up for the 08s. He must have said no because he's definitely the top 09 up that way.

Why aren’t any Barrie kids included? They were the top team in their loop?? I see some kids from YSE and Quinte and a lot of APR kids but none from Barrie??

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:33 pm

Why aren’t any Barrie kids included? They were the top team in their loop?? I see some kids from YSE and Quinte and a lot of APR kids but none from Barrie??
Because the tournament costs $500. That's the average price of a home in Barrie.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:38 am

Because the tournament costs $500. That's the average price of a home in Barrie.
Not everyone buys into this BS hockey
If you think it’s elite level only you are kidding yourself
The best of the best don’t need to be there that’s why they aren’t
Only people with FOMO “need” to be there to feel better
Treat it like my kid…..just another weekend to do what he loves to do…nothing more than that

Post by Guest »

Coach from APR had a hand in picking players ( lots of APR kids..zero Barrie kids) and is coaching one of the teams in the tournament...that should tell you all you need to know about the tournament!

Post by Guest »

The ETA team is more than half filled with kids that play in the GTHL? Several ETA kids either got snubbed or weren’t available? I suspect some of these players are connected with the organizers, coaches or have advisors or agents pushing for them.