2009 Draftday Prospects 2023

Re: 2009 Draftday Prospects 2023

Post by Guest »

Alliance east proves to everyone that this tournament is no different then any other one. Cash and play. Que the loser comments...please stop living through minor hockey.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:10 pm Alliance east proves to everyone that this tournament is no different then any other one. Cash and play. Que the loser comments...please stop living through minor hockey.
Agreed. It's a shame because those forwards are legit until you add in the HPL twins

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:10 pm Alliance east proves to everyone that this tournament is no different then any other one. Cash and play. Que the loser comments...please stop living through minor hockey.
Did anyone say it was anything other than a spring tourney?

It's got, for the most part, the best players at the 09 level in Ontario. It's not a global tourney. It's just a spring tourney. Have fun and enjoy it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:14 am

It's got, for the most part, the best players at the 09 level in Ontario. It's not a global tourney. It's just a spring tourney. Have fun and enjoy it.
Haha just jealousy of parents of players that aren't invited

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:27 am

Haha just jealousy of parents of players that aren't invited
And there's the idiot comment... my god are you twelve? My dads a cop and he's stronger than yours. There needs to be a book written about minor hockey.

Post by Guest »

I thought it was more serious until I saw the HPL twins.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:11 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:16 am
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:46 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:41 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:50 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:27 pm The ETA team is more than half filled with kids that play in the GTHL? Several ETA kids either got snubbed or weren’t available? I suspect some of these players are connected with the organizers, coaches or have advisors or agents pushing for them.

Winner winner....chicken dinner!!!
Or they came from ETA originally and are better than the kids still playing in ETA.
This is the real Winner winner....chicken dinner!!!
Hmmm, ok. Well if they play in that league shouldn’t they play for the GTHL team in this tournament? Like someone said in a previous post this tournament definitely won’t have a bunch of scouts there watching these kids at this age but I was just confused as to why there’s GTHL kids on several of the other teams. My kid plays in the ETA and I know there are a few kids on several teams that could play on this team and you can’t tell me otherwise. Like I mentioned in my previous post those GTHL kids playing on different teams likely have connections to agents/advisors/organizers.
Honestly, although these teams do contain the best of the best for the most part the organizers miss kids that belong every year. I coach a team at this age group and the kid I would say is my best player wasn't even asked, while others on my team were so it's just what they see at a certain game or hear from certain parents in some cases. It's not like I was consulted to give my recommendation as a coach. If your kid wasn't asked don't take it personally and use it as motivation! At the end of the day, although it's a great tournament competition-wise, it is just another money-grab spring tournament that is meaningless in the long run. None of my scout friends will be in attendance I can guarantee that
Do you coach in the Ottawa area?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:45 am
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:27 pm The ETA team is more than half filled with kids that play in the GTHL? Several ETA kids either got snubbed or weren’t available? I suspect some of these players are connected with the organizers, coaches or have advisors or agents pushing for them.

Or they came from ETA originally and are better than the kids still playing in ETA.
Hmmm, ok. Well if they play in that league shouldn’t they play for the GTHL team in this tournament? Like someone said in a previous post this tournament definitely won’t have a bunch of scouts there watching these kids at this age but I was just confused as to why there’s GTHL kids on several of the other teams. My kid plays in the ETA and I know there are a few kids on several teams that could play on this team and you can’t tell me otherwise. Like I mentioned in my previous post those GTHL kids playing on different teams likely have connections to agents/advisors/organizers.
Nope sorry. The tourney/organizers have a rule that you must have played 3 seasons in the league you are playing for. So those ETA guys playing in G were only in G 2 years now.
I received that info from a parent that didn't want their kid playing for ETA but on G team.
And also, they want the best players possible. Maybe next year your kid is in as some of those players will have been in G 3 years..
I think the alliance east just blew this 'rule' out of the water with ELG as a forward for HPL.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:15 pm

Nope sorry. The tourney/organizers have a rule that you must have played 3 seasons in the league you are playing for. So those ETA guys playing in G were only in G 2 years now.
I received that info from a parent that didn't want their kid playing for ETA but on G team.
And also, they want the best players possible. Maybe next year your kid is in as some of those players will have been in G 3 years..
I think the alliance east just blew this 'rule' out of the water with ELG as a forward for HPL.
There's a reason ELG went to the weak Alliance. Struggling in the G. Wasn't even that better in HPL...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:15 am
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:15 pm

There's a reason ELG went to the weak Alliance. Struggling in the G. Wasn't even that better in HPL...
STFU you F'n pecker eater, WTF do you you know?