GTHL TEAM SALES INVESTIGATION

Re: GTHL TEAM SALES INVESTIGATION

Post by Guest »

Does this sound like the aaa org you play for? Sure doesn’t sound like trw
Not-for-profit corporations are organizations that provide products or services to improve or benefit a community. These organizations are usually concerned with generating enough revenue to provide support to their chosen community. Any money made by a not-for-profit is not for the personal gain of its directors, members or officers, but goes back into the organization to further its aims and projects
[/quote]

Okay now...so you're pissed with TRW.

According to the 2022-23 standings, only 2 TRW teams made playoffs...so in other words, most of the kids on those teams were very good. This is the problem with open borders, top 2 or 3 teams can stack themselves and the rest are mix of average AAA and decent AA players. Teams 11 and 12 are usually pretty dismal.

Your pissed about having a losing season and want your money back...well it doesn't work that way. Take your kid back to AA or AAA in the O. You'll spend less and he may even get more minutes.
[/quote]

Nope not pissed at trw at all. Just using them as an example of this fake world of not for profit status and gouging parents in the g because people will pay you have no choice but to pay

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:34 pm Does this sound like the aaa org you play for? Sure doesn’t sound like trw
Not-for-profit corporations are organizations that provide products or services to improve or benefit a community. These organizations are usually concerned with generating enough revenue to provide support to their chosen community. Any money made by a not-for-profit is not for the personal gain of its directors, members or officers, but goes back into the organization to further its aims and projects
Okay now...so you're pissed with TRW.

According to the 2022-23 standings, only 2 TRW teams made playoffs...so in other words, most of the kids on those teams were very good. This is the problem with open borders, top 2 or 3 teams can stack themselves and the rest are mix of average AAA and decent AA players. Teams 11 and 12 are usually pretty dismal.

Your pissed about having a losing season and want your money back...well it doesn't work that way. Take your kid back to AA or AAA in the O. You'll spend less and he may even get more minutes.
[/quote]

Nope not pissed at trw at all. Just using them as an example of this fake world of not for profit status and gouging parents in the g because people will pay you have no choice but to pay
[/quote]

All you’ve done is name one of 12 orgs…you haven’t provided any example of anything.

Take your kid to HL…you’ll be happier there, he’ll you can be his coach if you want.

Post by Guest »

According to Revenue Canada, is the GTHL and its member organizations registered as not for profit? There was a post earlier on today about this subject matter l, which was removed. Why was it removed?

If the GTHL member organizations are in fact registered as not for profit, are they not required to provide full disclosure? I’ve rental costs, coaching costs, tournament costs, etc…..
Kurthg

Post by Kurthg »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:12 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:51 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:53 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:45 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:20 am

If a guy who is pedalling a AAA franchise with a mission of helping marginalized communities and BIPOC players, can openly declare his team budgets as $150,000 and is not scrutinized by the many skeptics and CPA's who are part of the general public, activists groups, corporations or mainstream media...I'd say you're the one who is naive.

The cost of AAA in the G isn't new...but you are. If its too expensive, then sign your kid up for broom-ball.
Lol… if you only knew who was in the other end LOL.
The $150,000 question is why is playing AAA hockey in the G double the price of playing AAA hockey in the O?
Private ice vs community subsidized ice and
Coaching fees. Cost of living in the city is x2 if not more compared to the o.

City of Toronto, Vaughan & Mississauga have an abundance of city rinks. Probably enough to have one designated city rink per very one organization in the G. The reason the G likes the private rinks, is because they can double up on ice cost for game ice, as well the organizations do the same to the individual teams. You don’t believe… ask the GM of the organization to provide you with transparency on ice rental invoices. Coaching fees….In the G it’s more along the lines of Recruiter Fee. WTF does the cost of living have to do with the cost of hockey in the G vs. The O?
^^^more baseless accusations

Why don't you tell us what you think orgs pay for rental costs? lol

Why don't you explain your definition of "recruiter fee". lol

BTW

Do you ask the retailer to provide transparency on their cost of the hockey stick they are selling you?
- If you think you can buy the same stick for less, somewhere else...go ahead.

Do you ask the girl at the snack-bar to provide transparency on their cost of the fries she's selling you?
-If you think you can buy the same fries for less, somewhere else...go ahead.
As someone on an O team this past year, our ice from the association cost us $250/hr and made up 70% of our budget. When we went on privately sourced ice, the cost varied $280-$400/hr in the GTA.

Post by Guest »

Kurthg wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:12 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:12 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:51 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:53 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:45 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:20 am

If a guy who is pedalling a AAA franchise with a mission of helping marginalized communities and BIPOC players, can openly declare his team budgets as $150,000 and is not scrutinized by the many skeptics and CPA's who are part of the general public, activists groups, corporations or mainstream media...I'd say you're the one who is naive.

The cost of AAA in the G isn't new...but you are. If its too expensive, then sign your kid up for broom-ball.
Lol… if you only knew who was in the other end LOL.
The $150,000 question is why is playing AAA hockey in the G double the price of playing AAA hockey in the O?
Private ice vs community subsidized ice and
Coaching fees. Cost of living in the city is x2 if not more compared to the o.

City of Toronto, Vaughan & Mississauga have an abundance of city rinks. Probably enough to have one designated city rink per very one organization in the G. The reason the G likes the private rinks, is because they can double up on ice cost for game ice, as well the organizations do the same to the individual teams. You don’t believe… ask the GM of the organization to provide you with transparency on ice rental invoices. Coaching fees….In the G it’s more along the lines of Recruiter Fee. WTF does the cost of living have to do with the cost of hockey in the G vs. The O?
^^^more baseless accusations

Why don't you tell us what you think orgs pay for rental costs? lol

Why don't you explain your definition of "recruiter fee". lol

BTW

Do you ask the retailer to provide transparency on their cost of the hockey stick they are selling you?
- If you think you can buy the same stick for less, somewhere else...go ahead.

Do you ask the girl at the snack-bar to provide transparency on their cost of the fries she's selling you?
-If you think you can buy the same fries for less, somewhere else...go ahead.
As someone on an O team this past year, our ice from the association cost us $250/hr and made up 70% of our budget. When we went on privately sourced ice, the cost varied $280-$400/hr in the GTA.
The problem in the G is that primetime city contracts aren't available, which is why teams contract their second practice on private ice. Majority of city prime time is reserved for after-school community programs and public skating.

Larger community based orgs like North Toronto have managed so secure lots of city ice, which keeps their budgets down. Plus, they are run by a board of directors and do not allow paid coaches. Privately owned orgs such as Toronto Aeros or Shamrocks can't get city a contract with enough ice to support their teams, hence they pay premium rates for prime time ice at Chesswood.

TRW has had Friday night home games, primetime practices for all their teams and a dedicated dressing room for their Midget team where they leave their gear, all at Chesswood for as long as I can remember (since the 80's) and I'm sure thats not cheap. Titans, Marlies, JRC, REPS, VK all have similar set ups. I believe Rebels are the only AAA team in the G that practices on subsidized ice, but I think it's only one practice. Additional practices are most likely on private ice and their Midget team doesn't have a dedicated dressing room.

Why would a team from the O drive to the G and pay more for ice, when they can buy ice in their own backyard for less?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:06 pm According to Revenue Canada, is the GTHL and its member organizations registered as not for profit? There was a post earlier on today about this subject matter l, which was removed. Why was it removed?

If the GTHL member organizations are in fact registered as not for profit, are they not required to provide full disclosure? I’ve rental costs, coaching costs, tournament costs, etc…..
All teams are required to provide a budget and updates (I think quarterly), thanks to Stu Hyman.

Post by Guest »

[/quote]
[/quote]

I live in Scarborough, and within a short 10 min drive I can be at:
Don Montgomery
Centennial
Agincourt
Heron Park
Scarborough Village
Commander
Malvern

Heron Park & Malvern would suck for games, but completely fine for practices.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:00 am
[/quote]

Don Montgomery
Centennial
Agincourt
Heron Park
Scarborough Village
Commander
Malvern

[/quote]

AAA teams in the G have players from lots of different areas; Mississauga, Caledon, Brantford, Etobicoke, High Park, Barrie, Halton, Richmond Hill. Everyone knows the home rink, practice rink and budget before they sign the card.

If you live in Scarborough and want your kid to practice in Scarborough, then find a Scarborough team.

Personally, I prefer rinks that have bar and TV.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:43 am
Don Montgomery
Centennial
Agincourt
Heron Park
Scarborough Village
Commander
Malvern

[/quote]

AAA teams in the G have players from lots of different areas; Mississauga, Caledon, Brantford, Etobicoke, High Park, Barrie, Halton, Richmond Hill. Everyone knows the home rink, practice rink and budget before they sign the card.

If you live in Scarborough and want your kid to practice in Scarborough, then find a Scarborough team.

[/quote]

Oh no question. This was in reference to AA as obviously there are no AAA in Scarborough. As for the Bar/TV. I'm indifferent. If its a practice, then yeah it would be nice. If its a game, Im watching my kid, not the TV and I can go without a beer for 45 mins.

And I'm also not the guy who lingers at the rink for 3 hours before or after my kid plays so I can knock back a few pops. Plenty of better bars to do that at.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:43 am
Don Montgomery
Centennial
Agincourt
Heron Park
Scarborough Village
Commander
Malvern

[/quote]

[/quote]

You also prefer to pay double the cost of having your child play AAA hockey? Why is the cost of playing AAA hockey in the OMHA far less then playing in the GTHL? There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a city rink as a home rink with city subsidized ice cost, similar to the OMHA?