2011 AAA

Re: 2011 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:57 pm I'd rather peak a little later than in atom or peewee.
Hitting your potential at 10 & 11 years old isn't ideal however due to early maturity, injury, burnout, genetics and a list of other reasons it's just going to happen. Just enjoy the ride as it won't be long for some as you never know what life will throw at you.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:57 pm NL would quit on the team. The most selfish player in the 2011 age group, not only on the ice, but off as well. What other kids have quit on their winter teams in the same way he did the past couple of seasons? LJK quit right before the Alliance Championships, and then last season with HH not even making it to December. What a joke. I don't care how good that kid is, I would never take him on my team.
What team do you coach?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:22 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:57 pm I'd rather peak a little later than in atom or peewee.
Hitting your potential at 10 & 11 years old isn't ideal however due to early maturity, injury, burnout, genetics and a list of other reasons it's just going to happen. Just enjoy the ride as it won't be long for some as you never know what life will throw at you.
Is that what a parent who has a mid pack, less skilled, kid thinks? Face it, your kid is heading to AA.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:39 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:34 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:21 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:23 am
AAA wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:53 pm Let's put together the roster for the top 2011 team in Ontario.

I bet this team would beat any American team in a best of 7 series.

9 Forwards
6 Defence
2 Goalies

Let's see what the board thinks.
I would like to see these two teams play each other:

Team vs Team Selfish...

Team (well rounded kids, generally good attitudes, focus on playing for the team):
GF (2010 TT) - Great hockey mind, can be selfish but still values what the coach asks for.
BG (JRC) - Big smart hockey player. Underrated and very team oriented.
TL (TM) - Maybe the smartest hockey player in the age group. Parlay that with his talent and team first mind set and attitude.
BG (QRD) - Smart, big, strong and can score or set up.
TO (EMC) - Kid can just score. Watched him make plays and set up plays. Will take him on my team anytime.
MH (TM) - There is a reason why the TM won. This kid is smart, shifty and has incredible ice vision.
JS (DMF now TM) - BIG and STRONG. Kid is fast, smart and his teammates love him.
EA (VK) - Just gets it done. Great vision and can bury or set up.
NH (QRD) - Hard working, smart, great shot and great vision. Kind as they get until on the ice then will do what he has to.

Team Selfish (incredibly talented kids, poor attitudes, focus on themselves) :
MG (JRC) - Pure goal scorer. No interest in the back check or his teammates. Terrible emotions.
JM (JRC) - Absolute beast. Sometimes forgets he has teammates on the ice. Great kid and great family.
RH (NYR) - Only cares about one thing. Himself.
LM (VK) - King of the age group at present. Unfortunately, always wants to do it himself and usually does. Great family.
TL (VK) - The floater. If he wanted to, he could be the best in the lot but only skates one way, generally.
GR (VK) - The most selfish kid in the group. Incredible talents but hates when others have success.
NL (HH now vacant) - We all know Nico. If he was steered in the right direction and taught to play as a team player, nobody could compete with him.
SP (2010 TT) - When dad is banging on the glass saying "do something", not sure the kid ever stood a chance. Could be great.
BD (Former JRC) - Great talent but just had his dad over his head.

Honorable mention for team selfish:

KO (JRC) - The single most selfish person I have ever met. BC created a monster. Incredibly talented.
CZ (JRC) - Coaching failed him as well.

Below would be my D.

Defence:
GZ (TM) - Best D in the age group. Smart, strong, fast and a great kid with a great family.
JW (2010 JRC) - No denying his talent even if he is a 2009. Really became a team player last year.
JW (JRC) - Genetic gifts and that shot make him hard to ever pass up. Would be nice if he hit the net more.
BD (STA) - Kind of an unknown but a big strong D kid. Looks like VK and JRC are after him so you will get to see more of him soon.
CC (HH) - A bit of a wild card. Played with and against him and is just a solid D.
HG (QRD) - Very under rated and one of the best board playing D in the age group. Smart and a hard worker.

Below would be my goalies.

BF (2010 JRC) - best positional goalie in the loop. Starting to see some gaps but still ahead of the rest at present.
LH (NYR) - Dad is over the top but they made a good choice keeping him in a place where he see's lots of shots. Big jump last year.

This ought to upset some of the trolls.

BD is not good enough to fit in on this team. If he had real talent he wouldn’t have been washed out of the league after only one year. Don’t forget nobody took the kid. Has absolutely zero hockey IQ and his 4 goals for all of last season speaks for itself. Dad is an angry dwarf who just makes the family package that much less desirable.

Bang on for the others, maybe overrating NL talents a bit, the kid is fading and not the dominant player he was in the past. I assume this layoff will only hurt him more.

GREAT ANALYSIS OVERALL!
Here is the problem with the "analysis", it lacks any credibility b/c growing first is NOT TALENT! 90% of these kids are two standard deviations early in maturity......so if you really want to analyze, you need to dig in and look for the real talent.....ie might be a small kid comparatively now, supper effective and is going to be a big adult...that is where TALENT resides!
My kid is listed here as selfish like it’s his intention and it’s off-putting to say the least. Coaches and I have been trying to work with him but he isn’t maturing like some of the others. I’m sure he will mature but writing him off is short sighted and critiquing him is creepy if it’s coming from a random dad.

Thanks LP

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:55 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:22 pm
Is that what a parent who has a mid pack, less skilled, kid thinks? Face it, your kid is heading to AA.
Always some douche bag on here with his inbred two cent comments. Some parents especially within the G want this so bad for their kids they fail to realize the kid has to have that passion. No matter how many expensive skills sessions and tournaments you've forced them to attend will guarantee success within this sport. Good luck to you and tell your kid to keep his head because we're only one year away from real hockey.

Post by Guest »

Something a bit more exciting

Name the top 10 F 7 D 3G that play in the G and only playing in their own group ( not playing up )

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:19 pm Something a bit more exciting

Name the top 10 F 7 D 3G that play in the G and only playing in their own group ( not playing up )
Your kid still won’t make the list

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:21 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:23 am
AAA wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:53 pm Let's put together the roster for the top 2011 team in Ontario.

I bet this team would beat any American team in a best of 7 series.

9 Forwards
6 Defence
2 Goalies

Let's see what the board thinks.
I would like to see these two teams play each other:

Team vs Team Selfish...

Team (well rounded kids, generally good attitudes, focus on playing for the team):
GF (2010 TT) - Great hockey mind, can be selfish but still values what the coach asks for.
BG (JRC) - Big smart hockey player. Underrated and very team oriented.
TL (TM) - Maybe the smartest hockey player in the age group. Parlay that with his talent and team first mind set and attitude.
BG (QRD) - Smart, big, strong and can score or set up.
TO (EMC) - Kid can just score. Watched him make plays and set up plays. Will take him on my team anytime.
MH (TM) - There is a reason why the TM won. This kid is smart, shifty and has incredible ice vision.
JS (DMF now TM) - BIG and STRONG. Kid is fast, smart and his teammates love him.
EA (VK) - Just gets it done. Great vision and can bury or set up.
NH (QRD) - Hard working, smart, great shot and great vision. Kind as they get until on the ice then will do what he has to.

Team Selfish (incredibly talented kids, poor attitudes, focus on themselves) :
MG (JRC) - Pure goal scorer. No interest in the back check or his teammates. Terrible emotions.
JM (JRC) - Absolute beast. Sometimes forgets he has teammates on the ice. Great kid and great family.
RH (NYR) - Only cares about one thing. Himself.
LM (VK) - King of the age group at present. Unfortunately, always wants to do it himself and usually does. Great family.
TL (VK) - The floater. If he wanted to, he could be the best in the lot but only skates one way, generally.
GR (VK) - The most selfish kid in the group. Incredible talents but hates when others have success.
NL (HH now vacant) - We all know Nico. If he was steered in the right direction and taught to play as a team player, nobody could compete with him.
SP (2010 TT) - When dad is banging on the glass saying "do something", not sure the kid ever stood a chance. Could be great.
BD (Former JRC) - Great talent but just had his dad over his head.

Honorable mention for team selfish:

KO (JRC) - The single most selfish person I have ever met. BC created a monster. Incredibly talented.
CZ (JRC) - Coaching failed him as well.

Below would be my D.

Defence:
GZ (TM) - Best D in the age group. Smart, strong, fast and a great kid with a great family.
JW (2010 JRC) - No denying his talent even if he is a 2009. Really became a team player last year.
JW (JRC) - Genetic gifts and that shot make him hard to ever pass up. Would be nice if he hit the net more.
BD (STA) - Kind of an unknown but a big strong D kid. Looks like VK and JRC are after him so you will get to see more of him soon.
CC (HH) - A bit of a wild card. Played with and against him and is just a solid D.
HG (QRD) - Very under rated and one of the best board playing D in the age group. Smart and a hard worker.

Below would be my goalies.

BF (2010 JRC) - best positional goalie in the loop. Starting to see some gaps but still ahead of the rest at present.
LH (NYR) - Dad is over the top but they made a good choice keeping him in a place where he see's lots of shots. Big jump last year.

This ought to upset some of the trolls.

BD is not good enough to fit in on this team. If he had real talent he wouldn’t have been washed out of the league after only one year. Don’t forget nobody took the kid. Has absolutely zero hockey IQ and his 4 goals for all of last season speaks for itself. Dad is an angry dwarf who just makes the family package that much less desirable.

Bang on for the others, maybe overrating NL talents a bit, the kid is fading and not the dominant player he was in the past. I assume this layoff will only hurt him more.

GREAT ANALYSIS OVERALL!
That kid is the opposite of fading or selfish. I got to see first hand how ridiculously good this kid is as a team player and how gifted he was offensively. The number of plays this kid setup was next level. His hockey IQ is definitely his gift. I didn’t agree how he left the HH team, or demanded more ice time, but dam, the short time I got to see him in our league - all I have to say is ridiculous. He single handily destroyed top teams. The only reason HH won a tournament was because of him. I imagine the same thing with LJK.
GuestA

Post by GuestA »

Top 10 F from the G
LM (VK)
JC (TM)
CZ(JRC)
BG(JRC)
AH(TM)
TL(VK)
GR(VK)
JS(TM)
EA(VK)
TL(TM)

7 D
GZ(TM)
JW(JRC)
WS(JRC)
KO(JRC)
RC(TM)
HN(NYR)
LK(Sens)

3 G
LH(NYR)
HL(JRC)
MM(TYN)

Post by Guest »

GuestA wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:51 am Top 10 F from the G
LM (VK)
JC (TM)
CZ(JRC)
BG(JRC)
AH(TM)
TL(VK)
GR(VK)
JS(TM)
EA(VK)
TL(TM)

7 D
GZ(TM)
JW(JRC)
WS(JRC)
KO(JRC)
RC(TM)
HN(NYR)
LK(Sens)

3 G
LH(NYR)
HL(JRC)
MM(TYN)
Who are the last 2 goalies on this list?