Re: 2008 GTHL A East

Post by Guest »

guest2020 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:48 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:42 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:09 pm
guest2020 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:32 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:06 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:32 am

I've also heard stories of AAA kids dropping to single A (different age groups), for that exact reason. They want to play non-contact hockey because they are focusing on another sport, they also don't attend practices because they are focusing on another sport. Some families (cheapskates) want a discount because their kid isn't using practice ice and sometimes the "preferential treatment" leads to dissension within the team. Not saying they all do...just saying that I know of some that have.
It’s a team game one player is not going to win it for any team.

NT still the team to beat in this loop until further notice
NOt questioning about NT winning it all again. Yes, Nt is always a great team even when my son played single A few years ago. I remember they were unbeatable. I just wanted to support the fact that there is a really good AAA player moving to A level. And I wish all the best for the kid because as he is such a nice kid and great family!!
Which team?
MI
Correct!
Next Season Rankings

NT
MI
YM
EE
TA
WH
DM
AD
TR
NYK
LF
FH
HC
SIR
VRE

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:35 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:06 pm

It’s a team game one player is not going to win it for any team.

NT still the team to beat in this loop until further notice
NOt questioning about NT winning it all again. Yes, Nt is always a great team even when my son played single A few years ago. I remember they were unbeatable. I just wanted to support the fact that there is a really good AAA player moving to A level. And I wish all the best for the kid because as he is such a nice kid and great family!!
Which team?
MI
Correct!
Next Season Rankings

NT
MI
YM
EE
TA
WH
DM
AD
TR
NYK
LF
FH
HC
SIR
VRE
Aeros showed very well in spring and will compete for top spot!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:20 pm
Guest wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:35 pm

Which team?
MI
Correct!
Next Season Rankings

NT
MI
YM
EE
TA
WH
DM
AD
TR
NYK
LF
FH
HC
SIR
VRE
Aeros showed very well in spring and will compete for top spot!
TA dirty team. Reminder that one of their players purposely plowed a kid through the boards at canlan tourney. No repercussions. That kid needed surgery and will be out long term. Nice group at TA.

Post by Guest »

You clearly weren’t there. Only reason kid got a penalty is because the refs have to give one when someone gets hurt. GTC were no angels. They were always grabbing opposing players sticks etc..

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:37 pm You clearly weren’t there. Only reason kid got a penalty is because the refs have to give one when someone gets hurt. GTC were no angels. They were always grabbing opposing players sticks etc..
I was there. Saw it live and held my breath when it happened. Look at the video.and stop being ridiculous. Intent to injure. Could have been catastrophic. Wake up man.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:53 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:37 pm You clearly weren’t there. Only reason kid got a penalty is because the refs have to give one when someone gets hurt. GTC were no angels. They were always grabbing opposing players sticks etc..
I was there. Saw it live and held my breath when it happened. Look at the video.and stop being ridiculous. Intent to injure. Could have been catastrophic. Wake up man.
Oh please...I was there too. It wasn't a "dirty hit" or "intent to injure"...it was a puck race and two players engaged prior to getting to the boards. It's a common play when neither player wants to yield, unfortunately one player was off balance and fell awkwardly into the boards.

Like I said, a routine play with a very unfortunate outcome that happens from time to time.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:30 am
Oh please...I was there too. It wasn't a "dirty hit" or "intent to injure"...it was a puck race and two players engaged prior to getting to the boards. It's a common play when neither player wants to yield, unfortunately one player was off balance and fell awkwardly into the boards.

Like I said, a routine play with a very unfortunate outcome that happens from time to time.
Look at the video. Dirty hit. Intent to injure. That's it. Stop defending the kid. That's a penalty and suspension in any league at any level.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:05 am

Look at the video. Dirty hit. Intent to injure. That's it. Stop defending the kid. That's a penalty and suspension in any league at any level.
Clearly your upset and if the injured player is your son, I don’t blame you. However I’d say you have a bias perspective, which is why you see it the way you do.

If TA is a dirty team, what you say about the team that finished the tourney with 100 PIMS?

TA finished the tourney with only 39 PIMS, which include the 15 PIMS given due to the unfortunate injury. The lowest in the NC division. If the kid didn’t get hurt, there would have been no penalty on the play.

Truth - the injured player was the one who initiated contact prior to getting to the boards. Not a dirty play or attempt to injure, just a competitive play that happens at all levels, when neither player wants to yield. It’s the type of play that causes spectators who know the risks to hold their breath. Unfortunately he put himself in a bad position and fell awkwardly into the boards.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:52 pm

Clearly your upset and if the injured player is your son, I don’t blame you. However I’d say you have a bias perspective, which is why you see it the way you do.

If TA is a dirty team, what you say about the team that finished the tourney with 100 PIMS?

TA finished the tourney with only 39 PIMS, which include the 15 PIMS given due to the unfortunate injury. The lowest in the NC division. If the kid didn’t get hurt, there would have been no penalty on the play.

Truth - the injured player was the one who initiated contact prior to getting to the boards. Not a dirty play or attempt to injure, just a competitive play that happens at all levels, when neither player wants to yield. It’s the type of play that causes spectators who know the risks to hold their breath. Unfortunately he put himself in a bad position and fell awkwardly into the boards.
Hilarious... "A" parents making excuses for dirty hits when the kids aren't tough enough to play AA where hitting is allowed.

Single A is no-checking and only cowards who are afraid to play real checking toss their body around carelessly.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:38 am
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:52 pm

Hilarious... "A" parents making excuses for dirty hits when the kids aren't tough enough to play AA where hitting is allowed.

Single A is no-checking and only cowards who are afraid to play real checking toss their body around carelessly.
The reality is that there was no hit...just two kids leaning on each other, going for a puck, and one fell.

After watching a few NC games, I'd say there is a general disregard or lack of awareness by the players when they are heading to the boards. A lot of the kids are puck focused and are skating in a straight line with their head down. They go into corners with zero regard for their own safety and expect not to be touched. Compared to contact hockey, where by Bantam most kids have figured out how to take an angled approach and protect themselves going in. Also, they are more aware of the players around them and better prepared for some degree of contact in the corners and along the boards.

Personally, I think it's a bi-product of never having played contact and developing unsafe habits over the years.