GMHL 2023-24

All Team and Association topics here

GMHL 2023-24

Post by Guest »

I was approached for my son to play in this league next season...no charge.
Is this league any good? He just finished his first year of U18

Re: GMHL 2023-24

Post by Guest »

More important the team you are with then the league you are in at junior.
The North division is real Junior A level.
The South is Jr C level.
Its only good if you are with one of the top teams. Rattlers, Titans, Pirates, North York, Durham.
If its anyone else, not worth it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:16 pm More important the team you are with then the league you are in at junior.
The South is Jr C level.
Its only good if you are with one of the top teams. Rattlers, Titans, Pirates, North York, Durham.
None of that crap is Jr A level - give your head a shake.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:53 am
Guest wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:16 pm More important the team you are with then the league you are in at junior.
The South is Jr C level.
The vast majority of those teams couldn't compete with a decent Jr C team.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:31 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:53 am
The South is Jr C level.
The vast majority of those teams couldn't compete with a decent Jr C team.
He didn't say the vast majority could - only listed 5 teams. Junior A is a stretch (maybe the bottom of the bottom teams), but top junior C for top GMHL teams would be competitive. Problem is that bottom teams are absolutely terrible and could not compete with anyone but themselves.

Post by Guest »

Serious question. Is it worth the money to play to give your son the opportunity to experience junior hockey? Or would you recommend playing out your final year in minor hockey? My son isn't making the NHL but is seriously weighing the pros and cons of finishing out minor hockey or playing in the GMHL.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:57 pm Serious question. Is it worth the money to play to give your son the opportunity to experience junior hockey? Or would you recommend playing out your final year in minor hockey? My son isn't making the NHL but is seriously weighing the pros and cons of finishing out minor hockey or playing in the GMHL.
It isn't about the title of the hockey, it's about the experience he will gain from it. He should remember his hockey career as the best time of his life, where he maximized his own potential, went through the process of dedicating himself to something, met life ling friends and coaches that he would be proud to be associated with. The title/league he is in doesn't matter, it is about the organization and people he will be with. There are a ton of people in the OJHL or AAA or GMHL that you would never want your kid to be spending his time with. That is why the teams like Rattlers, Titans, Durham, North York, that have reputable people behind them and experienced staff would be able to provide that opportunity. They have decent hockey programs that operate at a junior A level and have that talent. Every horror story you hear come from the bottom teams - stay away from are the Bulls, Flyers, Tottenham.

Post by Guest »

The Flyers have new owners and an amazing new program . I would check them out ! They have done some serious renovations of the management, program and home arena and change room . I would look into them too

Post by Guest »

The owners / management are the parents of one of the goalies who was a career A / AA goalie. They have dumped a ton of money into the rink / dressing room. But some of their hires are questionable at best.

Post by Guest »

this league is not good