Re: Ottawa U18 2022/23 Season

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:08 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:31 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:16 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:06 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:02 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm

These posts are just getting desperate now.
Cry More Daddy.

Good luck in the legacy "so called" AAA league.

To about watered down. It may not even be AA hockey.

Can't wait
Who out there thought CCHL U18 was AAA. IMO no one.

Your opinion counts somehow!?!?

All those legacy AAA kids playing all these years there must have been living a lie. Oh well, your little stat is going to the O at 16 right?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Guest wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm

These posts are just getting desperate now.
Cry More Daddy.

Can't wait

All those legacy AAA kids playing all these years there must have been living a lie. Oh well, your little stat is going to the O at 16 right?

Opinion. There were 60 to 70 players in CCHL U18 every year that were not AAA caliber players.

Oh I know, any player having to come back to play U18AAA, in their second year, is not a true AAA player. Frankly the 5 team legacy AAA have about 30 players who aren't AAA caliber either.
Players like Cale Makar would be sad to hear this. Big hit to their confidence

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:01 am Whats been identified due to this thread is this.

#1 Many players aren't really that amazing anyways. Fact is, if your kid was "good" they'd be doing good things in the O show or Jr A.

#2 Due to legit AAA kids moving on - AA kids move up. I mean anyone can be AAA if there is a spot available at the table. Its like having an older brother and you get all his hand me down gear.

#3 Hockey Dads have an enormous amount of insecurity. Which is fine. Coincidentally they are the same dads who don't shower after mens league - also due to insecurities.

#4 Identifying when "The Dream" is over is not most AA dads strong suit. A+ for not giving up though!

The more ya know.

You're welcome.

I hear ya, the Ottawa region can really only support 1 to 2 "real" AAA teams. I posted on this a bunch and was met by the usual AA mentality. Have 2 travel teams, practice more, and develop your true elite players not the wanna bets that water the league down.

If your kid is still playing AAA after his U16AAA year, he's not that good, give it up. All those fake AAA dads of fake AAA players have been sucked in for so long, they are in denial now.

The entire legacy AAA has been watered down forever!

Love watching the drama from these discussions squirming like crazy, blaming everyone around them, and ending up in the same position as others they have cut up for years. Just because some parents running HEO gave a team and your kid the AAA handle, doesn't make them AAA caliber.

Pro tip, the elite are the elite, just accept it, it's easier that way.

Cheers
Gotta identify the "elites" as early as possible (age 5/6 max) and keep them together for 10 years. Eliminate everyone else, forever. Kinda like the original nazi ideology for their athletes

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:35 am

Can't wait

Can't wait

Opinion. There were 60 to 70 players in CCHL U18 every year that were not AAA caliber players.

Oh I know, any player having to come back to play U18AAA, in their second year, is not a true AAA player. Frankly the 5 team legacy AAA have about 30 players who aren't AAA caliber either.
Are you saying you liked the CCHL league?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:41 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:01 am Whats been identified due to this thread is this.

#1 Many players aren't really that amazing anyways. Fact is, if your kid was "good" they'd be doing good things in the O show or Jr A.

#2 Due to legit AAA kids moving on - AA kids move up. I mean anyone can be AAA if there is a spot available at the table. Its like having an older brother and you get all his hand me down gear.

#3 Hockey Dads have an enormous amount of insecurity. Which is fine. Coincidentally they are the same dads who don't shower after mens league - also due to insecurities.

#4 Identifying when "The Dream" is over is not most AA dads strong suit. A+ for not giving up though!

The more ya know.

You're welcome.

I hear ya, the Ottawa region can really only support 1 to 2 "real" AAA teams. I posted on this a bunch and was met by the usual AA mentality. Have 2 travel teams, practice more, and develop your true elite players not the wanna bets that water the league down.

If your kid is still playing AAA after his U16AAA year, he's not that good, give it up. All those fake AAA dads of fake AAA players have been sucked in for so long, they are in denial now.

Love watching the drama from these discussions squirming like crazy, blaming everyone around them, and ending up in the same position as others they have cut up for years. Just because some parents running HEO gave a team and your kid the AAA handle, doesn't make them AAA caliber.

Cheers
Gotta identify the "elites" as early as possible (age 5/6 max) and keep them together for 10 years. Eliminate everyone else, forever. Kinda like the original nazi ideology for their athletes

Who's talking Nazi'a champ!! Over reaction isn't a good thing.

I'm not taking at 5, we are talking U12AAA, come on now, stay on point.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:48 am 07's are being signed by Jr. B teams now too.

Walls closing in on legacy AAA.
So I don’t have a horse in this race but am interested in what’s happening as an OMHA parent. Couple of kids from our area (from the last place team BTW) are signing or have signed with Junior B in your loop. How is this possible? We are talking kids that can’t make a U18 AAA team but suddenly are good enough for junior? Just wondering if the talent level is lower or is this a pay to play situation? Kid is undersized and slow. Team is Brockville if that matters.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:59 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:21 am

The more ya know.

You're welcome.

Cheers
2 teams would be great but who do the play against. 4 teams IMO would be best less games more practice and off ice training, 4/5 tournaments.
HEO would have to allow players to move from association to association. No restrictions on play where you live. All players tryout at age group and scouts and coaches pick teams but coach does not know what team he is getting till after teams are made.

So you are having a draft if coaches pick teams. Mind of a blind draft. Interesting. What if a far west kid has to play on a team in the East, or vice versa? Is that good for a kid at U12AAA??

4 is still too many teams, not even half of that number of players play Jr. A or higher. 4 teams is watered down with weak players. They get better practicing wirh and against other TRUE AAA caliber talent. Make them into a model of the US travel teams. Have 2 teams of REAL AAA caliber players, and have them enter tournaments or play some exhibition games. Make it 7-10 tournaments a year! They WILL get FAR more quality exposure in Canada and the US. League games locally are meaningless.

As for dryland, unless they are getting a minimum of 3 a week, dryland is pretty much useless. Gyms/trainers will happily take your money though. Perhaps with no league games this would be possible.

Get the weak players out, enough of the watered down crap we force on people here. Quality over quantity.
Finally, someone gets it In season off ice training is a waste of money

Post by Guest »

Can't wait

Can't wait

Do not put shit on here that is so easy to check.
Get your facts correct.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:24 pm
Guest wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:48 am 07's are being signed by Jr. B teams now too.

Walls closing in on legacy AAA.
So I don’t have a horse in this race but am interested in what’s happening as an OMHA parent. Couple of kids from our area (from the last place team BTW) are signing or have signed with Junior B in your loop. How is this possible? We are talking kids that can’t make a U18 AAA team but suddenly are good enough for junior? Just wondering if the talent level is lower or is this a pay to play situation? Kid is undersized and slow. Team is Brockville if that matters.
If you are willing to pay enough Brockville Jr B will the you

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:47 am

Yes, the team my son played on ran a much better than his previous AAA teams, variety of competition was great!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:33 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:47 am

Yes, the team my son played on ran a much better than his previous AAA teams, variety of competition was great!!
You claim the team your son played on was much better run then previous AAA teams. Were those teams run poorly or were they ran well but your cchl experience was just better? As for variety of competition - A HEO u18 club will not only play the same 4 teams, but many other teams from across Ontario that are legit good U18 organizations.
Also...if your kid is planning to tryout are you sure he will make it? 4 lines down to 3. Half as many teams and all former legit AAA players....approx 130+ kids are gonna be out of a job with all those teams eliminated so spots are gonna be tight come tryout time.

Who knows. Might be a wicked good situation.