OMHA - Realignment - take a closer look at how you are effecting players!

All Team and Association topics here

Re: OMHA - Realignment - take a closer look at how you are effecting players!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:57 pm
Guest1 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:34 am This may not be a popular opinion but it is fact. I am not singling out any player, team or organization with this post.

Many years ago a city had 3 rep teams....A, AA, AAA. There was not 3 tiers of AA, 6 single A, friggen BB teams.... Blue, White, Fuchsia etc....If a player was not good enough for AAA...he went down to AA...or A. If he still did not have the skill he played House League and maybe joined a select team. Those were the days that rep teams were the best of the best. If a kid wanted to be part of that exclusive group they had to work their ass off to get there....Period! Now with the millennial mentality that every kid has to get a medal or has the right to play rep the whole world...not just the hockey has gone to shit! So stop crying about a kids mental health...its called life. Adversity and challenges actually teaches the children to set goals, do better, work harder to achieve their goals.

Nowadays anyone's kid can get on a team if the parents either pay enough money, stir up enough shit or play politics with the organization. Hell they even create new teams just to appease the parents so the kid can wear the logo on the chest.

So we are left with what we have now...entitled parents with more money than brains, lazy entitled kids with no work ethic or realistic expectations and organizations that will do anything to get these parents to pay thousands of dollars a year to make their program look better.

The sad fact is that the entire Hockey system is broken. It is diluted. Every young hockey players dream is to make it to the NHL, and the dream is such a small percentage of reality that simple statistics would prove that only a small handful of the best even have a shot at cracking any type of draft. If your kid isn't a "Lights Out Stud", top 3-5 player on a AAA team that is ranked in the top 10 teams, by the time he is 14 years old then it is likely he will age out...NO scholarship to a NCAA school, NO OHL, definitely NO NHL. So you might as well enjoy it for what it is...a game we all love, played by our kids.

NRP players are not taking spots away from local kids. If local players want to crack a AAA squad then they have to EARN IT! They have to put in the work to ensure that some import doesn't take the spot they want. You shouldn't be automatically given a spot on an elite AAA team because of your postal code. If there is a spot available on a team and it comes down to an import and a local player of equal skill level, you better believe the local kid will get that spot 9 times out of 10.

NRP players are often players who are among the best on their local team. They move from their home centre for better training, coaching and to play with players of better skill, because their own city has diluted their system so much that their own so called "AAA" team is made up of players who at best would be a AA. Grandfathering NRP players is the right thing to do. Having their own local city centre hold them hostage is wrong. Making them play for a team that will hold it against them for leaving in the first place and cannot offer the elite program that they left in the first place to join is ridiculous. Want to talk about kids mental health...what kind of anxiety and toxic environment will that produce when you force that kid into a dressing room that he left for whatever reasons he had. That is a tough situation for some adults to handle, let alone 12, 13, 14 year olds. It might even be enough for them to mentally check out of the game all together.

I have seen so many kids thrive under their new teams, they have made lifelong friendships and developed skills both on and off the ice that they had been missing from their own home centre teams. They have a goal and are working their asses off to achieve that goal....these kids are the 1%. I have equally seen kids plateau and not develop to their projected skill level, where after this years tryout season will most likely be shipped off back to their own city making room for a local player who has enough drive to TAKE that spot!

This is the hard truth....Success is not given...it's earned. This is the message I have delivered to my own son. Not once since he decided to lace up the skates have I manufactured his path to the level he is playing now. I do not play in team/organizational politics, I am not wealthy and cannot afford to send him to every single cash grab development thing that is out there. I only ever encourage his goals, applaud his successes and remind him that his failures are learning opportunities. That only he can make his dreams happen and that he has to continue to take it upon himself to do the things necessary to succeed. This is not just a message to help him succeed in hockey....THIS IS A LIFE SKILL! Something that can translate to life after hockey in his Career, family, friendships. Something all parents should be doing, instead of just buying their kid opportunities.

These elite players, my son included, have earned spots because of their hard work and dedication to their team, the sport and themselves. These are the ones that are the next generation of professionals we all watch on TV. The professionals our grandkids will see as heroes and gods...fueling them to be like that one day.

Whether you like or hate a kid personally doesn't give you the right to use your own inadequacies to sabotage their goals. Don't ever stand on your soapbox and tear down any of these passionate and dedicated players for doing what your own kid cannot. You shouldn't even utter you "BB" kids rights as a local player in the same breath as some of these (not all) NRP players.
What, pray tell, were you hoping to accomplish with this screed?
Validating posts like this from parents who should drop their kid off at the rink and come back in an hour! Seriously what a bloody rant on a soapbox that is.
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

My son is a goalie from a small "A" centre. He was at the top of the A loop on a very weak team but there was no AA option until U12. This season past, he made the jump to AA as an NRP in a neighbouring centre and excelled. The team were League Finalists, OMHA semi-finalists and tournament champions and he was a huge part of that. With "pilot" amalgamations, he cannot tryout for any team but the home centre. The AA team at his home centre has recalled 7 goalies with rep experience at his age level, 3 with AA or AAA experience. For sure, some kids will be playing below their ability next season because of "reasons" and "rules" when they could be successful playing for an AA team 10-20 min away. OMHA is about protecting marginal associations, not developing kids.

Post by Guest »

Classy!!!! rant, make enemies, spew drivel crap, gossip, alienate yourself, lie and delete your facebook?!?! Cmon crazy stand behind what ya say? God you're pathetic.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:50 am Classy!!!! rant, make enemies, spew drivel crap, gossip, alienate yourself, lie and delete your facebook?!?! Cmon crazy stand behind what ya say? God you're pathetic.
Yeah, where dat crazy hockey mom at? Let's hear more :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't she look like the fool now!

Post by Guest »

Hey does anyone know who the contact is at OHF for player transfers? Like obviously there is the Transfers@ohf email but who is the person behind it?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:55 am Hey does anyone know who the contact is at OHF for player transfers? Like obviously there is the Transfers@ohf email but who is the person behind it?
Why? you want to call and explain your story and hope that for compassionate reasons they allow you to transfer because your case is special? Well, good luck, they won't entertain it, whether you're right or wrong. You should just ask God, you'll get the same reply. Most of any player transfer is done from your member partners, OMHA, GTHL, Alliance, etc. It's usually just an admin job once documents are provide/approved. If you have an issue with it they you should reach out to your local member director and they'll tell you about their God complex of residency rules. Good luck though.

Post by Guest »

How dare they not allow my kid to play where he wants. Change the rules for me!!! Unfair. Unfair. Ripping a kid from his community. Shame on you all. I deserve this. My child earned the right. My baby is a star. Right baby? You go rockstar!

You fkn fraud! You fkn tread! Go ride your broom you fkn witch. You look the fkn fool shooting your mouth off and now look at your little superstar go! Such an idiot how much gossip and hate you spread. Have wisdom. Shut your piehole and mind ya fkn business. It will serve you better you crazy fkn Not Allowed. You can delete what you want it's to late. Good luck being a 1 and done. Then what

Post by Guest »

McSteve wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:39 am The AA team at his home centre has recalled 7 goalies with rep experience at his age level, 3 with AA or AAA experience. For sure, some kids will be playing below their ability next season because of "reasons" and "rules" when they could be successful playing for an AA team 10-20 min away.
If the team cuts him, he can ask to be released and go somewhere else. I'm not sure what you're talking about here. The home centre just says you have to try out in your home centre. If they cut you, you don't just have to quit.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:51 pm
McSteve wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:39 am The AA team at his home centre has recalled 7 goalies with rep experience at his age level, 3 with AA or AAA experience. For sure, some kids will be playing below their ability next season because of "reasons" and "rules" when they could be successful playing for an AA team 10-20 min away.
If the team cuts him, he can ask to be released and go somewhere else. I'm not sure what you're talking about here. The home centre just says you have to try out in your home centre. If they cut you, you don't just have to quit.
The home centre isn't the home centre, people want to try and designate themselves a NEW home centre based on F1/NRP history and the fragile and emotional stability of their kid! see Mark Stone

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:49 pm How dare they not allow my kid to play where he wants. Change the rules for me!!! Unfair. Unfair. Ripping a kid from his community. Shame on you all. I deserve this. My child earned the right. My baby is a star. Right baby? You go rockstar!

You fkn fraud! You fkn tread! Go ride your broom you fkn witch. You look the fkn fool shooting your mouth off and now look at your little superstar go! Such an idiot how much gossip and hate you spread. Have wisdom. Shut your piehole and mind ya fkn business. It will serve you better you crazy fkn Not Allowed. You can delete what you want it's to late. Good luck being a 1 and done. Then what
STFU super mom, enough of your crap. Go away