Monopoly on Brick Teams

Re: Monopoly on Brick Teams

Post by Guest »

Pizza guy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:38 pm Thanks for the input.

I also have my own coaches that I’m very happy with for my son’s development. I don’t want to be part of another program just for the brick.

Do these teams allow walk on players at the last minute (2-3 months before the brick tourney) or are they pretty committed to the players that are part of their organizations for the last couple of years leading up to the Brick?

Would I be allowed to have him play with one of the USA teams? We are resident of the GTA.

USA teams are each allowed up to 3 import players from Canada. Ontario teams aren’t allowed any imports because of the wealth of talent here.
If you haven’t heard from any teams yet, go ahead and reach out. If your questions aren’t a troll then they’re certainly better suited for the American organizations themselves. Good luck.
Pizza guy

Post by Pizza guy »

No trolling here, appreciate the info. Thank you.
Pizza guy

Post by Pizza guy »

I should clarify, I am interested in the Brick maybe but I don’t want my son to be involved with Pro Hockey or the Bulldogs for the next two years. Just looking at all options.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:44 pm

I also have my own coaches that I’m very happy with for my son’s development. I don’t want to be part of another program just for the brick.

Do these teams allow walk on players at the last minute (2-3 months before the brick tourney) or are they pretty committed to the players that are part of their organizations for the last couple of years leading up to the Brick?

Would I be allowed to have him play with one of the USA teams? We are resident of the GTA.

USA teams are each allowed up to 3 import players from Canada. Ontario teams aren’t allowed any imports because of the wealth of talent here.
If you haven’t heard from any teams yet, go ahead and reach out. If your questions aren’t a troll then they’re certainly better suited for the American organizations themselves. Good luck.
This would be false, look at all the US and intl kids that played for tb and ph over the years

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:20 pm

This would be false, look at all the US and intl kids that played for tb and ph over the years

No your answer is the false one. The Ontario teams have never been allowed imports at brick, but every other team is allowed 3 like the other person said.

Post by Guest »

Name a couple then? You can’t. Because PH and TB have never been allowed to have imports.

Any kids coming to try out from outside Ontario are pissing their money away because they will not be allowed on the roster. The brick tournament has always had that rule for Ontario teams. It’s not really fair but Ontario also has by far the most talent.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:56 pm

Name a couple then? You can’t. Because PH and TB have never been allowed to have imports.

Any kids coming to try out from outside Ontario are pissing their money away because they will not be allowed on the roster. The brick tournament has always had that rule for Ontario teams. It’s not really fair but Ontario also has by far the most talent.
Hughes
Wahlstrom
Tortora
Drummond
Barnes
Doran
soffer

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:11 am

Hughes
Wahlstrom
Tortora
Drummond
Barnes
Doran
soffer

The Hughes brothers were born in the USA but they all grew up in Toronto and they all played for TM. Dad worked for the Leafs. It doesn’t count as an import if you’re a full time Ontario resident.

Tortora played 3 years for DMF. Another full time Ontario resident.

Wahlstrom lived with his mother in Ontario splitting time between parents and played several summers for BD.

You get the idea. If you’re a full time Ontario resident you don’t count as an import no matter where you were born.

Every other team is allowed 3 players who have no ties to the province/state the team is in. PH and TB can’t do that. That’s why you see some Ontario kids who got cut from PH and TB playing in Boston or wherever they can get a spot.

PA is allowed 4 imports this year because if they don’t have a better showing (1 win over the past 2 brick tournaments) they will have their charter pulled. Brick renews each team charter every 3 years to weed out any habitually non competitive teams.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:45 am

Hughes
Wahlstrom
Tortora
Drummond
Barnes
Doran
soffer

The Hughes brothers were born in the USA but they all grew up in Toronto and they all played for TM. Dad worked for the Leafs. It doesn’t count as an import if you’re a full time Ontario resident.

Wahlstrom lived with his mother in Ontario splitting time between parents and played several summers for BD.

You get the idea. If you’re a full time Ontario resident you don’t count as an import no matter where you were born.

Every other team is allowed 3 players who have no ties to the province/state the team is in. PH and TB can’t do that. That’s why you see some Ontario kids who got cut from PH and TB playing in Boston or wherever they can get a spot.

PA is allowed 4 imports this year because if they don’t have a better showing (1 win over the past 2 brick tournaments) they will have their charter pulled. Brick renews each team charter every 3 years to weed out any habitually non competitive teams.

I know the Hughes kids grew up here but besides that my son played in the brick last year 2011s and that is true about Ontario teams not allowed imports.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:44 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:45 am

Hughes
Wahlstrom
Tortora
Drummond
Barnes
Doran
soffer

I know the Hughes kids grew up here but besides that my son played in the brick last year 2011s and that is true about Ontario teams not allowed imports.

LH had 3 Buffalo kids at the PH tryout we went to. So he took their money knowing there was no chance they could play on his team. Sounds like his style. Greasy AF