Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:50 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:38 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:06 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:55 am
Guest wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:29 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:09 am

It’s true it was not a very strong tourney but PH still won it
TBD’s might have the best kids, but terrible coaching. Just ask the 2011 parents. They were so stacked and coaching lost it for them.
GL was head coach for 2011’s. ML is head coach this year.
What about the 2012's. ML ran the show there. Cost them the semi final due to his cry baby ways. Taking a silly delay of game penalty kicking and screaming like a 5 year old. :lol:
Neither of them can coach hockey if they tried. GL accomplished nothing in his hockey career and ML only got to play any type of high level hockey cause daddy paid his way. Both are mediocre at best. Every see them run a skate? Unorganized BS, cones and stickhandling garbage. The only reason why they have any success is because they get some of the best kids due to the fact they dangle the brick carrot in front of the parents face!
ML played pro, GL played elite house league and thinks he knows hockey.
Both Toronto teams off to a great start!
Oh please. Sure the American teams all suck balls this year. Boston and Minnesota huge fail.

Re: Brick 2023

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:11 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:29 am

TBD’s might have the best kids, but terrible coaching. Just ask the 2011 parents. They were so stacked and coaching lost it for them.
What about the 2012's. ML ran the show there. Cost them the semi final due to his cry baby ways. Taking a silly delay of game penalty kicking and screaming like a 5 year old. :lol:
Neither of them can coach hockey if they tried. GL accomplished nothing in his hockey career and ML only got to play any type of high level hockey cause daddy paid his way. Both are mediocre at best. Every see them run a skate? Unorganized BS, cones and stickhandling garbage. The only reason why they have any success is because they get some of the best kids due to the fact they dangle the brick carrot in front of the parents face!
Oh please. Sure the American teams all suck balls this year. Boston and Minnesota huge fail.
P.A is a disaster :lol: 2 TM players on Defence are a joke
Boston is a joke Detroit looks weak but it’s only day 1

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:06 am

Your opinion doesn’t mean much when you and your kid are watching these games from your couch

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:09 am

Your opinion doesn’t mean much when you and your kid are watching these games from your couch
First time seeing this (on video, not there live) and I'm impressed. Listening to the yahoos on here making fun of it for the past year or so, I had low expectations. But it seems like a great tournament. Decent camera work and commentators are better than most American broadcasts, they even interview the kids. Looks like a really cool experience for parents and players.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:51 pm

First time seeing this (on video, not there live) and I'm impressed. Listening to the yahoos on here making fun of it for the past year or so, I had low expectations. But it seems like a great tournament. Decent camera work and commentators are better than most American broadcasts, they even interview the kids. Looks like a really cool experience for parents and players.
Best minor hockey tournament on the planet. And it’s not even close! It gets better every year. More sponsors and more money to support the tournament every year. This is the world junior feeder tournament.
ZoneEntries

Post by ZoneEntries »

Thoughts on Penn v Bos

Hackett was head and shoulders above everyone else. Kid has heaps of talent but it was coupling the talent with his compete level that really stood out to me.
Refs put the whistles away in the last 5 minutes and the players definitely noticed. Hackett got mauled out there a few times but just kept coming back.
Clements (#97 Penn) did a lot of little things well. Good board play and defensively, solid in the circle.
Boston probably should've had at least one more PP.

Also I was going over the rosters and noticed Matvey Antropov on TPH, is that Nik Antropov's boy?

Post by Guest »

ZoneEntries wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:13 pm Thoughts on Penn v Bos

Hackett was head and shoulders above everyone else. Kid has heaps of talent but it was coupling the talent with his compete level that really stood out to me.
Refs put the whistles away in the last 5 minutes and the players definitely noticed. Hackett got mauled out there a few times but just kept coming back.
Clements (#97 Penn) did a lot of little things well. Good board play and defensively, solid in the circle.
Boston probably should've had at least one more PP.

Also I was going over the rosters and noticed Matvey Antropov on TPH, is that Nik Antropov's boy?
Yes Matvey is Niks son.

Post by Guest »

I don’t think anyone ever said it wasn’t a cool tournament. More that it’s not worth the price. I’d rather buy a new car than go to the brick.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:25 pm

I don’t think anyone ever said it wasn’t a cool tournament. More that it’s not worth the price. I’d rather buy a new car than go to the brick.
But i bet if you were asked, you’d go.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:45 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:25 pm

But i bet if you were asked, you’d go.
I’d probably think about it sure. It would be tough financially for my family though.