Re: Brick 2023

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:21 am
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:30 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:25 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:15 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:59 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:14 pm
14 teams, are 13 teams this angry or is it just the Ontario teams cause they pay stupid amounts of $ for summer minor hockey

Parent of a PA kid paid $17k CDN all said and done. Works out to about the same everywhere when you factor in multiple trips to the states for practices etc. Don’t believe the BS it’s any cheaper.
Wife/mom of Miller from Detroit had a huge meltdown at the hotel as well. Not as bad, mean or scary as Ashley A’s multiple freak outs but still pretty embarrassing. So ya money and insanity everywhere!

On the subject of crazy that video of AA going postal at our hotel is very real. Problem is you can hear the voice of the person filming yelling at her to stop. It also shows another parent filming. That’s why it won’t be going to 6ixbuzz. Not yet anyway. I’m sure it will make the rounds don’t worry.
POST IT POST IT POST IT :lol:
Just create a fake YouTube account with made up email
Call the page This is how you end your kids hockey journey :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great title
On the topic of LA... at what age does he play at his own age? I think he did well last year playing up a year.... but again this was in the alliance and in the weakest division in AAA in Ontario probably... still not sure if he was in the top 10 in scoring? This year playing in the OMHA will probably be the true test moving forward. Time will tell......

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:26 am
Guest wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:59 pm

Parent of a PA kid paid $17k CDN all said and done. Works out to about the same everywhere when you factor in multiple trips to the states for practices etc. Don’t believe the BS it’s any cheaper.
Wife/mom of Miller from Detroit had a huge meltdown at the hotel as well. Not as bad, mean or scary as Ashley A’s multiple freak outs but still pretty embarrassing. So ya money and insanity everywhere!

On the subject of crazy that video of AA going postal at our hotel is very real. Problem is you can hear the voice of the person filming yelling at her to stop. It also shows another parent filming. That’s why it won’t be going to 6ixbuzz. Not yet anyway. I’m sure it will make the rounds don’t worry.

Great title
On the topic of LA... at what age does he play at his own age? I think he did well last year playing up a year.... but again this was in the alliance and in the weakest division in AAA in Ontario probably... still not sure if he was in the top 10 in scoring? This year playing in the OMHA will probably be the true test moving forward. Time will tell......
[/quo

#1 in scoring at 2012 i believe but then again it is the alliance :lol: League is terrible

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:47 am

Great title
[/quo

#1 in scoring at 2012 i believe but then again it is the alliance :lol: League is terrible
I agree with the Alliance part... just going off of goals for...... last year Hamilton Huskies 2012 had 100 goals... that would have been 7th out of 9 teams in the OMHA 2012 group and tied with Credit River :shock: ... which is probably the equivalent of Kitchener....

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:11 am

Great title
[/quo

I agree with the Alliance part... just going off of goals for...... last year Hamilton Huskies 2012 had 100 goals... that would have been 7th out of 9 teams in the OMHA 2012 group and tied with Credit River :shock: ... which is probably the equivalent of Kitchener....

#1 scoring on his own team maybe but he definitely was not even top 10 in league scoring, even in the Alliance. Apparently the 2012 Husky team had trouble scoring all year and when they played in the Alliance championships against good teams LA didn’t get a single point in the playoffs.

I know he did not put the puck in the net very much all spring and struggled a lot even before brick. Give credit where it’s due that shows how good the other elite players really are but also shows how dreadful the Alliance is. He should definitely be playing his own age group but I’ve heard the parents are generous sponsors and that helps the kid play up. So the story goes. I dont know if that’s true but would make sense after watching how badly he struggled at brick. Super small size plus weak shot and lack of hockey IQ were obvious and exposed even on tv.

Maybe we will see next year like someone said but I think Hamilton is in the SCTA division of the OMHA which is the weakest OMHA league so hard to tell. The Waterloo kids who are standouts in the Alliance also struggled at the brick and someone earlier in the thread said another Hamilton kid who went to the brick didn’t even get a point. So 1 goal in total scored between 4 Alliance kids in 30 games played between them. Those kids were definitely exposed as over rated but it also shows how bad the hockey really is in the Alliance league too.
You could tell there was great competition in that tournament but those poor performances say a lot.

Post by Guest »

We all want to see the video :lol: we waiting

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:18 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:11 am

Great title
[/quo

#1 scoring on his own team maybe but he definitely was not even top 10 in league scoring, even in the Alliance. Apparently the 2012 Husky team had trouble scoring all year and when they played in the Alliance championships against good teams LA didn’t get a single point in the playoffs.

I know he did not put the puck in the net very much all spring and struggled a lot even before brick. Give credit where it’s due that shows how good the other elite players really are but also shows how dreadful the Alliance is. He should definitely be playing his own age group but I’ve heard the parents are generous sponsors and that helps the kid play up. So the story goes. I dont know if that’s true but would make sense after watching how badly he struggled at brick. Super small size plus weak shot and lack of hockey IQ were obvious and exposed even on tv.

Maybe we will see next year like someone said but I think Hamilton is in the SCTA division of the OMHA which is the weakest OMHA league so hard to tell. The Waterloo kids who are standouts in the Alliance also struggled at the brick and someone earlier in the thread said another Hamilton kid who went to the brick didn’t even get a point. So 1 goal in total scored between 4 Alliance kids in 30 games played between them. Those kids were definitely exposed as over rated but it also shows how bad the hockey really is in the Alliance league too.
You could tell there was great competition in that tournament but those poor performances say a lot.

Those kids stepped onto the biggest stage and crapped the bed end of story. If they were real players they would not have 1 or zero goals in 8 games. Nobody is going to redeem themself by getting a bunch of points next year in some garbage league sorry but that means nothing. The fact that poison parents of LA and ZGB had to watch their kids get owned at brick is just karma and long over do.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:22 pm We all want to see the video :lol: we waiting

Read a few pages back the people who filmed it can be seen in the video so they aren’t posting

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:27 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:22 pm We all want to see the video :lol: we waiting

Read a few pages back the people who filmed it can be seen in the video so they aren’t posting

YES THOSE KIDS COULD NOT KEEP UP AT THE BRICK. YES LA MOM IS A PSYCHO WHO ACTED OUT AND INSULTED KIDS ON HER OWN TEAM. NO THE TOURNAMENT IS NOT STILL HAPPENING SO YES YES WE SHOULD MOVE ON NEW TOPICS OR THREADS

Post by Guest »

Who cares post it!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:43 pm

Who cares post it!

This is a good lesson to a lot of parents not just Ash and Gord. Don’t act like an entitled ass and piss people off just because your kid is a good 7 year old player because by the time he’s 10 he may not be able to keep up any more. AC’s parents learned this same lesson when the kid got cut from 5 brick teams and didn’t even get to go to Edmonton. LC same thing when they had to go to Boston after being cut by 4 other brick teams. It’s not worth it to act like you’re better than anyone else because one day those kids will be better than yours. That’s what happened here and they all got taught a harsh lesson. Now let’s see who absorbs it and acts humble and who can’t accept reality and makes excuses. This spring showed that all of these kids have a limited time left in competitive hockey so let’s hope they use the next couple years to go out on a respectful note.