Oakville Rangers

All Team and Association topics here

Re: Oakville Rangers

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:36 pm how about go and read the notes from prior AGM's, read the yearly summaries from the respective league VP's then go and see what other orgs in southern ontario have to say on their websites about the state of their org (if you can find anything). how are their rep teams doing? how are their houseleague programs doing? come back here and tell us what you find. but that would mean educating yourself when it's easier just to spew "but JV and his buddies..." or "AGM" like a deranged glass banger. i bet most parents of kids that play for OR couldn't even tell you who JV is. get over yourself, no one really cares.

It's not just Oakville you're right. Hockey is the biggest shit pile of nepotism and fraud going. Back scratching and favours galore at the board/coaching levels. Don't poke holes in it and try to make a difference though, step in line or be gone. If Hockey Canada ever got their head out of their asses (wait they're the example - how's that working out? LOL) If they ever uncovered the grassroot rocks they're going to find a few surprises, every where! :o It's ok though USA Hockey is surpassing Canada slowly and in 10 years you won't know what hit you, numbers are soaring! Canada on the decline.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:00 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:56 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:38 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:56 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:39 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:36 pm how about go and read the notes from prior AGM's, read the yearly summaries from the respective league VP's then go and see what other orgs in southern ontario have to say on their websites about the state of their org (if you can find anything). how are their rep teams doing? how are their houseleague programs doing? come back here and tell us what you find. but that would mean educating yourself when it's easier just to spew "but JV and his buddies..." or "AGM" like a deranged glass banger. i bet most parents of kids that play for OR couldn't even tell you who JV is. get over yourself, no one really cares.
Ok lets start, when was the Last Election held in oakville? For President, or any position. And if there hasnt been one, why?
you just made my point. thanks
And so did you, because you can’t justify why the current board and president have changed the rules to prevent anyone else other than their group from getting into any position. So as you’d aid before, what type of worsen manipulates “KIDS HOCKEY” for their own purposes. I’ll wait, and the answer to my question is 4 years ago was the last election in Oakville.
no need to justify it because i don't care and it makes no difference to anyone besides yourself. this is like the teacher in CHarlie Brown. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, AGM, ELECTIONS, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. you have fun with your crusade against JV and the AGM.
And that’s the point, JV doesn’t have to justify it because he changed the bylaws and constitution of the club to prevent anyone from taking it from him. Merely “appointing” people should make anyone take notice.
When 10 parents show up to the AGM how do you vote? Most hockey positions are now filled by whoever fkn wants the bs can have it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:35 am

It's not just Oakville you're right. Hockey is the biggest shit pile of nepotism and fraud going. Back scratching and favours galore at the board/coaching levels. Don't poke holes in it and try to make a difference though, step in line or be gone. If Hockey Canada ever got their head out of their asses (wait they're the example - how's that working out? LOL) If they ever uncovered the grassroot rocks they're going to find a few surprises, every where! :o It's ok though USA Hockey is surpassing Canada slowly and in 10 years you won't know what hit you, numbers are soaring! Canada on the decline.
don't disagree with you. enrollment in hockey has declined for a long time with no end in sight. don't have to wait for 10 years, it's here now. lot's of kids choosing other sports over hockey for a variety of reasons. all are known to anyone who takes 5 minutes to look but no one wants to do anything because as you say HC has their heads where the sun don't shine and it just filters down from there

Post by Guest »

Oakville rangers is better than some other clubs in OMHA. They respond to emails and the tryouts are well organized. However, merit isn’t the key criteria and coaching is average as compared to GTHL. We took our son out of Oakville due to crazy politics and power drunk coaches of AAA teams that won’t even talk to you nicely. Whereas in G, we were welcomed since the kid had talent. Here in Oakville, most people are rich and live south of QEW are the ones running the show. The rules are different for connected folks. For eg. Their goalie VP kid is playing up when he wouldn’t even make the same age level team in the G. That’s the part most people hate..the politics of the select few.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:00 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:39 pm

Ok lets start, when was the Last Election held in oakville? For President, or any position. And if there hasnt been one, why?
And so did you, because you can’t justify why the current board and president have changed the rules to prevent anyone else other than their group from getting into any position. So as you’d aid before, what type of worsen manipulates “KIDS HOCKEY” for their own purposes. I’ll wait, and the answer to my question is 4 years ago was the last election in Oakville.
no need to justify it because i don't care and it makes no difference to anyone besides yourself. this is like the teacher in CHarlie Brown. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, AGM, ELECTIONS, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. you have fun with your crusade against JV and the AGM.
And that’s the point, JV doesn’t have to justify it because he changed the bylaws and constitution of the club to prevent anyone from taking it from him. Merely “appointing” people should make anyone take notice.
well, the AGM is on Tuesday Aug 29. why don't you register so you can grill JV and the board about this? there is time allocated to ask questions so I'm going to register too just so I can hear if you actually ask anything. i bet you won't and there will be crickets...
Just as I figured. All talk on a message board but no action. Crickets.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:02 pm

well, the AGM is on Tuesday Aug 29. why don't you register so you can grill JV and the board about this? there is time allocated to ask questions so I'm going to register too just so I can hear if you actually ask anything. i bet you won't and there will be crickets...
Yes, because JV and his buddy’s have a great history of not black balking people who speak up against him and his cronies.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:08 pm

Yes, because JV and his buddy’s have a great history of not black balking people who speak up against him and his cronies.
Yes and some people have a great history of being keyboard warriors but are actually gutless chickens.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:49 am

Yes and some people have a great history of being keyboard warriors but are actually gutless chickens.
it's like the toxic people at work who Not Allowed and moan about everything and everyone but they do absolutely nothing about it and have been there 20 years stuck in a little corner out of the way from everyone else.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:56 am
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:28 am
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:35 am
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:27 am
Guest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:39 am
Guest wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:32 pm

Who really cares. Honestly.

It’s sheep like you that allow it to happen. Grow some balls
Ok big balls. How does it affect you and what are you doing about it? Other than complain here? Suggest you put the bottle down and get out of your parents basement a little more often
Now that sounds like an OR Director talking, cant mistake the condescending tone.
LOL. Far from anyone affiliated with the org. But I laugh at these people who go around spouting off about the AGM, JV this, JV that, calling people sheep. Are they part of the old crew that was turfed by JV and have an axe to grind? Because 99% of parents on Oakville don't care. It's not a priority in life, there are bigger issues to deal with. People need to take a step back and get some perspective
Good call, get some perspective. So what’s the deal with JV and “crew” changing all the rules of the club to suit their needs and wants. Why change all the rules to stay on with the club, making it impossible for anyone outside his circle from being “appointed”, what’s wrong with having actual elections for theses positions? It’s the definition of the Country Club that Oakville has been known for.
You really have a questionable fixation with JV. Execs get 'appointed' by the board when no one else applies for a position. Move on with your life, it's just too sad to watch you fixate on this.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:49 am

I agree with speak up and you get black balled, that's the culture. Bullies. The system is designed and protected that people CANT speak up. You're out of touch fella.