Re: Terrible Line Mate

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:08 am
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:57 am
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:36 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:22 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:47 am
Guest wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:08 pm

Let's say the bad linemate is truly bad.

Let's also say the original poster isn't one of the six best forwards.

If you think the coach has some ulterior motive that's preventing him from dealing with this situation, what is your solution to this problem that is "fair"?

Well I'd like my line mate to show up for practices, not screw around on the ice when he does, take it a bit more serious. Coach yells at him all the time. He just mumbles and swears under his breath and nothing changes. It's like he doesn't care about what the coach or team mates think or say. He's referenced that his dad tells him what he should be doing. In a game he won't go after the puck, expects to be fed, he's a shoot first player and bottom producer, he never I mean NEVER passes, he can't even take a pass. i know he paid to be there and coach took him and has to play him. None of my team mates want to play with him. Lines are definitely balanced, strong with weak to roll 3 lines. I try to make him look better and be a good team mate but it's frustrating. I don't want to question the coach, I get it but feel like I'm lumped in with a turd and don't know where I stand.
Yuup...you and your other linemate are lumped with a turd, along with whatever D pairing that are on the ice with you. In other words, you're not the only one who has to live with him... so suck it up and get your head in the game. Stop worrying about how bad some other kid is or his shitty attitude. Man up and win your shifts by making plays with the other three guys on the ice. You're not the first and definitely won't be the last player on earth who had to carry a shitty line-mate.

You said, if you complained to the coach, he'd call you a whiner...you're right.

Personally I feel sorry for the 3rd kid on your line...#1 he has to play with the terrible linemate #2 he has to listen to you bellyache about it. :lol:
Written by the true the shitty, bad attitude, 3rd line mate! Take no responsibility for ya own shit and just point the finger at the other guys. You my friend are a fkn snowflake! How's it feel be a turd eater at the bottom of the tank!? You probably like the HC home dressing and no shower rule!
So...you think the terrible line mate is responding to the OP?

OP honestly thinks that the terrible line mate is the one telling him, to get over yourself and focus on the rest of the team?

OP said it himself - that if he complained to the coach, he'd call him a whiner...lol

The fact that the shitty line mate hasn't changed after speaking with the OP is the exact reason why he's a shitty line mate...expecting him to change at this point is naive.

OP said he's considering quitting:

Any person who thinks that quitting is the solution to their problems, has a quitters attitude. They need other people to solve their problems for them or turn to them for support when they announce they are quitting.

If the OP can't accept that he might the chosen one, to jump on the grenade for the benefit of the team, then he may as well quit. I'm sure the top player on the single A team would love a chance to crack the AA line up, even his he has to start off by playing with a terrible line mate.
What if the OP is the problem and not the terrible linemate?
Ok snowflake

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:16 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:40 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:12 am What level of hockey is this? A? AA? AAA?
newly minted OMHA AA
not even hockey
says the house league hero

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:06 am
Guest wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:50 am Ideas on how to self solve a terrible line mate problem. Tried talking to him but he doesn't listen, brushes off ANY communication on how to work better together. He's not a passer, afraid to go in the corners, shoots from terrible angles and thinks he's Zegras. (and he's no where close) He's always late to practice, doesn't put the effort in and my line sometimes gets punished because of it. Thinking of quitting, our coach will just call me a whiner.
Quit, it would make life easier.....you won't always like your colleagues at work when you grow up, are you simply just going to cry and quit? BEst just to shut your mouth and work 9-5 and go home, same for the season.
I bit different, sport is for fun, can quit if ya don't enjoy it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:21 am
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:16 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:40 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:12 am What level of hockey is this? A? AA? AAA?
newly minted OMHA AA
not even hockey
says the house league hero
Says the guy that believes he is a girl, or a fox

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:23 am
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:06 am
Guest wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:50 am Ideas on how to self solve a terrible line mate problem. Tried talking to him but he doesn't listen, brushes off ANY communication on how to work better together. He's not a passer, afraid to go in the corners, shoots from terrible angles and thinks he's Zegras. (and he's no where close) He's always late to practice, doesn't put the effort in and my line sometimes gets punished because of it. Thinking of quitting, our coach will just call me a whiner.
Quit, it would make life easier.....you won't always like your colleagues at work when you grow up, are you simply just going to cry and quit? BEst just to shut your mouth and work 9-5 and go home, same for the season.
I bit different, sport is for fun, can quit if ya don't enjoy it.
Quitting because you don't like hockey make sense.....quitting because some other kid shows up late for practice, farts around when coaches are talking and shoots from bad angles - is nothing more than a loser grasping at straws for a reason to quit.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:08 am
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:57 am
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:36 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:22 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:47 am
Guest wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:08 pm

Let's say the bad linemate is truly bad.

Let's also say the original poster isn't one of the six best forwards.

If you think the coach has some ulterior motive that's preventing him from dealing with this situation, what is your solution to this problem that is "fair"?

Well I'd like my line mate to show up for practices, not screw around on the ice when he does, take it a bit more serious. Coach yells at him all the time. He just mumbles and swears under his breath and nothing changes. It's like he doesn't care about what the coach or team mates think or say. He's referenced that his dad tells him what he should be doing. In a game he won't go after the puck, expects to be fed, he's a shoot first player and bottom producer, he never I mean NEVER passes, he can't even take a pass. i know he paid to be there and coach took him and has to play him. None of my team mates want to play with him. Lines are definitely balanced, strong with weak to roll 3 lines. I try to make him look better and be a good team mate but it's frustrating. I don't want to question the coach, I get it but feel like I'm lumped in with a turd and don't know where I stand.
Yuup...you and your other linemate are lumped with a turd, along with whatever D pairing that are on the ice with you. In other words, you're not the only one who has to live with him... so suck it up and get your head in the game. Stop worrying about how bad some other kid is or his shitty attitude. Man up and win your shifts by making plays with the other three guys on the ice. You're not the first and definitely won't be the last player on earth who had to carry a shitty line-mate.

You said, if you complained to the coach, he'd call you a whiner...you're right.

Personally I feel sorry for the 3rd kid on your line...#1 he has to play with the terrible linemate #2 he has to listen to you bellyache about it. :lol:
Written by the true the shitty, bad attitude, 3rd line mate! Take no responsibility for ya own shit and just point the finger at the other guys. You my friend are a fkn snowflake! How's it feel be a turd eater at the bottom of the tank!? You probably like the HC home dressing and no shower rule!
So...you think the terrible line mate is responding to the OP?

OP honestly thinks that the terrible line mate is the one telling him, to get over yourself and focus on the rest of the team?

OP said it himself - that if he complained to the coach, he'd call him a whiner...lol

The fact that the shitty line mate hasn't changed after speaking with the OP is the exact reason why he's a shitty line mate...expecting him to change at this point is naive.

OP said he's considering quitting:

Any person who thinks that quitting is the solution to their problems, has a quitters attitude. They need other people to solve their problems for them or turn to them for support when they announce they are quitting.

If the OP can't accept that he might the chosen one, to jump on the grenade for the benefit of the team, then he may as well quit. I'm sure the top player on the single A team would love a chance to crack the AA line up, even his he has to start off by playing with a terrible line mate.
What if the OP is the problem and not the terrible linemate?
Anything is possible...