How much training for AAA?

All Team and Association topics here

Re: How much training for AAA?

Post by Guest »

redhat92 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:58 am Hello Fellow Hockey Parents,

My son is one of the top players in his MD-1 team at U8 and I was wondering how much training is required to stay at top level - Elite/AAA? Our goal as a family is to play top tier hockey in the G for top 3-4 teams once he hits U10. I have seen some parents having their kid on ice 1 hour every morning for private lesson ( so 6-7 hours per week) and then do everything else with the team in the evening.

From those who have older kids playing hockey successfully, how many hours per week did you train other than team training?

Thanks
You sound like a complete idiot. “Top player in u8”…ha ha.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:17 am

My son is one of the top players in his MD-1 team at U8 and I was wondering how much training is required to stay at top level - Elite/AAA? Our goal as a family is to play top tier hockey in the G for top 3-4 teams once he hits U10. I have seen some parents having their kid on ice 1 hour every morning for private lesson ( so 6-7 hours per week) and then do everything else with the team in the evening.

From those who have older kids playing hockey successfully, how many hours per week did you train other than team training?

Thanks
A glassbanger for sure, lol

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:03 pm

Thanks
A glassbanger for sure, lol
glass licker

Post by Guest »

Thanks
Why do you people feel the need to insult OP?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:52 am

Thanks

not to much at u8 they need to look forward to hockey
do multiple sports especially in the summer
don’t go down the rabbit hole of spring save your money
most cash grabs

Post by Guest »

Thanks
Well, if the shoe fits...

OP needs a reality-check. lol

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:13 pm

Thanks

I'm not sure why he needs a reality check. He likely has a kid that is scoring more and skating better than his piers making him "one of the top players on his team". It isn't hard to tell who those players are, sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. And it's a perfectly valid question and if you had a kid in AAA hockey you'd have some good advice instead of just being a random d*ck.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:21 pm

Thanks

I'm not sure why he needs a reality check. He likely has a kid that is scoring more and skating better than his piers making him "one of the top players on his team". It isn't hard to tell who those players are, sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. And it's a perfectly valid question and if you had a kid in AAA hockey you'd have some good advice instead of just being a random d*ck.
I did offer some advice @ Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:04 am, however it seems that it's not what the OP wanted to hear. I suspect he wants to hear the weekly hours of additional training that will keep his 7 year old at the top of the heap.

The truth is that some kids spend hours with high-end trainers, while others keep a milk-crate of pucks in their car port. As they get older, skill and physicality will only take them so far and by the time Minor Midget rolls around, every kid playing AAA can skate, they can handle a puck and they can shoot. The attributes that will separate the above average players from the average players in the division will be IQ and grit.

Based on the OPs original post, it sounds like it's the "family's goal" to play AAA in the G...not the kid. If thats the case, he's wasting his time.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 pm

Thanks

I did offer some advice @ Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:04 am, however it seems that it's not what the OP wanted to hear. I suspect he wants to hear the weekly hours of additional training that will keep his 7 year old at the top of the heap.

The truth is that some kids spend hours with high-end trainers, while others keep a milk-crate of pucks in their car port. As they get older, skill and physicality will only take them so far and by the time Minor Midget rolls around, every kid playing AAA can skate, they can handle a puck and they can shoot. The attributes that will separate the above average players from the average players in the division will be IQ and grit.

Based on the OPs original post, it sounds like it's the "family's goal" to play AAA in the G...not the kid. If thats the case, he's wasting his time.
My son had 2 skates with his Klevr team minimum per week, did 2 mornings with a smaller group and a couple of 10-15 kid skates with a development group. Mixed it up a bit but 5-6 days per week. He will likely be playing U10 AAA. Private lessons are great but I actually prefer him on the ice with kids that will push him.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:15 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 pm

My son had 2 skates with his Klevr team minimum per week, did 2 mornings with a smaller group and a couple of 10-15 kid skates with a development group. Mixed it up a bit but 5-6 days per week. He will likely be playing U10 AAA. Private lessons are great but I actually prefer him on the ice with kids that will push him.
You can't tell who the "best players are"until body contact, puberty, women and parties start....