Top Goalie Trainers in GTA

General Talk about Minor Hockey in Canada and Hockey Canada Association
Goaliecrazy

Top Goalie Trainers in GTA

Post by Goaliecrazy »

Looking for some recommendations on top goalie trainers in GTA.
Have tried the Crease and Dahan, wasn't a fan.

Curious to know who others are using

Re: Top Goalie Trainers in GTA

Post by Guest »

I've heard good things about Team Shutout and Armour but no experience. Actually trying to decide between the two right now.
Badpass

Post by Badpass »

Franky Pallazesse is excellent as long as long as he is there. have had some of his guys come out to team practices and not as intense of a session as when we have been at his weekly lesson or camps with him there

Post by Guest »

Goaliecrazy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:39 am Looking for some recommendations on top goalie trainers in GTA.

We have had great luck with the Crease, but like everything, it really depends on the instructor. They have enough instructors there that depending on what your kid responds to, they should have an instructor that will connect. The semi/private sessions on the small ice are great, and I find my son (U16AAA) will typically have learned one or two things each time out.

Daniel who works with "Hockey Extreme" in Leaside was great with my son when he was younger as well.

There are about 5-6 trainers out of Emery Village in Vaughan.

Post by Guest »

Can second Daniel from Hockey Extreme - he has now gone out on his own with a partner at Direct Motion. My son loves Daniel and Matt.

Post by Guest »

Goaliecrazy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:39 am Looking for some recommendations on top goalie trainers in GTA.

Trying to find one that is interested in your kids development is tough. Most show interest but provide no real development plan. they are more interested in your money.

Post by Guest »

Belitski if you can get in.

Post by Guest »

McGuire if your kid is just starting out. Learn a lot about the fundamentals and goalie skating.

The Crease, Team Shutout, Direct Motion and Brick by Brick to take it to the next level, both age-wise and going from Select/A to higher levels.

Armour, Belitski, Pallezese and the like are good if you are at or close to elite and can get in with them, but really good if you really invest the time to let them get to know your kid, what he or she does well and what he or she needs to work on.

Franco Canadian if you are definitely elite and trying to get to the next level, and senior (U16 and older).

In any case, don't dabble with the coach. Spend some time so they get to know your kid. Pay for a couple of privates so they can spend some quality, undistracted time with them, and so the coach feels invested in the kid's success. Invest in the coach and they will invest more attention to your kid.