2009 SCTA

Re: 2009 SCTA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:58 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:05 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:12 am
Guest wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:18 am From an outsider.... How is Oakville ranked so high ? I see they don't fare well when they play top teams but beat other teams in the SCTA.... those rankings are seriously flawed.
Need to take those with a grain of salt
Why is Oakville not in 2023 Toronto Marlboros AAA Holiday Classic Hockey Tournament? Maybe too many good teams to affect their ranking? They will have to play some top 10 ranked soon.
RH wants to stay high in MHR to attrack new talent for MM
(u16)
until they find out they are not playing PP or PK or regular shifts because his kid is getting the nod for extra ice. The parents all talk behind each others back, toxic place to play. The coaching is the only thing that is good there.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:43 am
Guest wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:41 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:46 pm Not sure who all the teams are with parent coaches but from what's been said there is 2 on CRC! WTF? Why would anyone go there? Hisey is Hisey but at least OR puts together a team that can compete a little... Can't imagine what the future months hold for those teams with parents coaching. Usually this happens because the fathers can control their kids ice time, this is usually because these fathers know their kids would never be selected to any other AAA team. Gong show brewing with these teams. Would love to hear the recruiting pitch for next year. No thanks!
Bang on!! This is way 75% of the dads in Oakville are coaching. Besides being able to funnel people into his "school" it's the main reason RH is coaching. To control his kids ice time.
RH has probably one of the best records in OR history, but that is still tainted by the fact he has favorites, including his own kid, who always gets the nod for xtra ice. I am not sure I would want to play there, given how important the MM year is, being seen at important games is what's important.

Favourites? Interesting. Any game I’ve watched online or otherwise I’m seeing pretty even playing time and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a nod to his own kid for extra playing time, quite the opposite.

I would really like to know why people want to see OR fail so bad? They aren’t claiming to be #1.

They are a skilled team that is coached well. If you wanted to play there or I should say if you wanted your kid to play there, would there even be a spot for them? Probably not and probably why you’re on here being negative towards them.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:32 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:28 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:57 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 am Buffalo announced last night that they are being kicked out of the league beginning next season.
I am not sure about kicked out, but yes we have been informed they are not in the OMHA West next season, and Sudbury and North Bay are in? Maybe it will be like the GTHL and Thunder Bay, weekend games, double headers???
I am not sure what the dynamics at play were, but I know that Buffalo couldn't field competitive teams at some levels. I'm guessing that wasn't the primary factor, as Sudbury and North Bay present a similar problem. Sudbury only fields a A team at the 2009 level.

If all this is true, then there will definitely be a bit more travel and double-headers. I can't imagine heading to Sudbury or North Bay for just one game.
What they should do is include Barrie, Grey Bruce and some HEO teams in the NOHA, make it more competitive and cut down on the travel for some teams.
If anything Grey-Bruce would join the alliance as most of their players are closer to Waterloo, Kitchener, Huron-Perth. No way OMHA let's Barrie go to the NOHA as they're a top team at almost every age group and have been for years.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:27 am
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:32 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:28 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:57 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 am Buffalo announced last night that they are being kicked out of the league beginning next season.
I am not sure about kicked out, but yes we have been informed they are not in the OMHA West next season, and Sudbury and North Bay are in? Maybe it will be like the GTHL and Thunder Bay, weekend games, double headers???
I am not sure what the dynamics at play were, but I know that Buffalo couldn't field competitive teams at some levels. I'm guessing that wasn't the primary factor, as Sudbury and North Bay present a similar problem. Sudbury only fields a A team at the 2009 level.

If all this is true, then there will definitely be a bit more travel and double-headers. I can't imagine heading to Sudbury or North Bay for just one game.
What they should do is include Barrie, Grey Bruce and some HEO teams in the NOHA, make it more competitive and cut down on the travel for some teams.
If anything Grey-Bruce would join the alliance as most of their players are closer to Waterloo, Kitchener, Huron-Perth. No way OMHA let's Barrie go to the NOHA as they're a top team at almost every age group and have been for years.
Very good point, but with the recent coaching changes, at the 09 and 08 level those teams will be dismantled at MM and u18. do their younger groups also dominate? u14- u10?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:45 am
Guest wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:46 pm Not sure who all the teams are with parent coaches but from what's been said there is 2 on CRC! WTF? Why would anyone go there? Hisey is Hisey but at least OR puts together a team that can compete a little... Can't imagine what the future months hold for those teams with parents coaching. Usually this happens because the fathers can control their kids ice time, this is usually because these fathers know their kids would never be selected to any other AAA team. Gong show brewing with these teams. Would love to hear the recruiting pitch for next year. No thanks!
Bang on!! This is way 75% of the dads in Oakville are coaching. Besides being able to funnel people into his "school" it's the main reason RH is coaching. To control his kids ice time.
RH has probably one of the best records in OR history, but that is still tainted by the fact he has favorites, including his own kid, who always gets the nod for xtra ice. I am not sure I would want to play there, given how important the MM year is, being seen at important games is what's important.

Favourites? Interesting. Any game I’ve watched online or otherwise I’m seeing pretty even playing time and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a nod to his own kid for extra playing time, quite the opposite.

I would really like to know why people want to see OR fail so bad? They aren’t claiming to be #1.

They are a skilled team that is coached well. If you wanted to play there or I should say if you wanted your kid to play there, would there even be a spot for them? Probably not and probably why you’re on here being negative towards them.
no where in the above comments does it say fail? just reiterating water cooler conversations I have had with parents. OR is a good team and as I said above, coached well. That being said, parent coaches in AAA are a red flag, parent coaches in AA at MM level, huge red flag.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:24 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:45 am

no where in the above comments does it say fail? just reiterating water cooler conversations I have had with parents. OR is a good team and as I said above, coached well. That being said, parent coaches in AAA are a red flag, parent coaches in AAA at MM level, huge red flag.

Post by Guest »

I just read half a dozen pages from the 2009 GTHL chat. For all the trash talking those people spew about the quality of the OMHA, there is a ton of talk about kids jumping ship from the G to play in this league next year.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:10 pm I just read half a dozen pages from the 2009 GTHL chat. For all the trash talking those people spew about the quality of the OMHA, there is a ton of talk about kids jumping ship from the G to play in this league next year.
Kids that can't make top 5 teams are coming back. Might as well play on a shit team at home rather than in the G.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:42 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:10 pm I just read half a dozen pages from the 2009 GTHL chat. For all the trash talking those people spew about the quality of the OMHA, there is a ton of talk about kids jumping ship from the G to play in this league next year.
Kids that can't make top 5 teams are coming back. Might as well play on a shit team at home rather than in the G.
Lets just keep this comment to see if it ages well....LOL

Post by Guest »

They have 30-40 high quality kids (that play on 4-5 different teams) mostly from the West part of GTA, who choose to play in the G, because they have more people with money to bankroll the teams and the G turns a blind eye on it, sit on this forum and shit talk everybody else, Alliance, HEO, etc. If they had closed borders, and policed it better, the OMHA and other outlier associations would not only compete, but be top teams in Ontario.