Humber Valley CDP Tier 1

Humber Valley CDP Tier 1

Post by Guest »

Anyone know anything about JP at HVS U7 Black? I’ve heard some good but mainly bad things about him and the people running the organization. Anybody offer some advice?

Re: Humber Valley CDP Tier 1

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:39 am Anyone know anything about JP at HVS U7 Black? I’ve heard some good but mainly bad things about him and the people running the organization. Anybody offer some advice?
Know him from coaching older HVS teams. I wouldn’t let my worst enemy play for him.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:54 am
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:39 am Anyone know anything about JP at HVS U7 Black? I’ve heard some good but mainly bad things about him and the people running the organization. Anybody offer some advice?
Know him from coaching older HVS teams. I wouldn’t let my worst enemy play for him.
Team was picked based on which parents JP was friends with and those willing to pay $1500 to one of the CDP organizers for spring hockey last season.
It’s a status show there and has nothing to do with the players. The whole organization is basically a social club that specializes in mediocre hockey for the ‘well to do’.
There are quite a few kids on the lower teams that should be playing on JP’s team but the families don’t fit the HVS mould. The organization sets it up each year to force these kids out to other, less affluent clubs.
It’s sad and a big waste of money. Lots of other clubs in the area, I’d suggest you choose one of those.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:23 am
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:54 am
Team was picked based on which parents JP was friends with and those willing to pay $1500 to one of the CDP organizers for spring hockey last season.
It’s a status show there and has nothing to do with the players. The whole organization is basically a social club that specializes in mediocre hockey for the ‘well to do’.
There are quite a few kids on the lower teams that should be playing on JP’s team but the families don’t fit the HVS mould. The organization sets it up each year to force these kids out to other, less affluent clubs.
It’s sad and a big waste of money. Lots of other clubs in the area, I’d suggest you choose one of those.
I agree. Promises were made to me by JP and he hasn't delivered on any of them. We play on one of the lower teams and over half the team is leaving next season because the organization is a sh!t show. JP and the people running just say whatever you want to hear to collect your money. Run the other way!

Post by Guest »

HV White coach is also special for U7. Weird organization, I don’t get the appeal

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:49 pm HV White coach is also special for U7. Weird organization, I don’t get the appeal
We were there for a year and it became obvious that it was about who you know not what my kid could do. We are much happier with our new team.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:56 am
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:49 pm HV White coach is also special for U7. Weird organization, I don’t get the appeal
We were there for a year and it became obvious that it was about who you know not what my kid could do. We are much happier with our new team.
JP is a bad coach in a bad org. It’s a perfect match.

Post by Guest »

Where is everyone going to play next season?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:23 pm Where is everyone going to play next season?
All over. Some WMall. Some Faustina and GB. Some have no clue.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:23 pm Where is everyone going to play next season?
All over. Some WMall. Some Faustina and GB. Some have no clue yet.