Re: Ottawa U18 2022/23 Season

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:48 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:15 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:28 am
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:39 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:17 pm

Not true, our son plays in the BCHL, the team gave him skates at 80% off, when he committed the offer was presented to our son but negotiated beforehand with the family representative and in the summer when our son and other players his age go to the agency's summer clinics or skates they get free stuff including sticks I will trust the agency's opinion over yours if that's okay.
Go ahead. Trust the agency. I am just making you aware that you have to be super careful about the difference between an agent and advisor. And never ever trust the agent or advisor without doing your own research. Go to the NCAA Eligibility Center and do your homework. I have seen too many parents/kids misled or given bad advice.
Big difference between an agency that you pay and one that is free. The free one definitely has your child best interest as the paid one only wants the money and your child comes after you paid.
Stop! Is this satire? An agency that is free? Tell us more. Why would an agency work for free? Too funny.
Oh no don't tell me you went with the agency that works out of his mom's basement, the big agencies don't charge but the downside they have a lot of players at the 15-17 year old range and weed out players at 18 and up. If you are not a top half player in the CHL or are not committed by 18-19 they cut you loose.
You realize how bad that sounds. This is what those big agencies do. Corral a bunch of kids (say 50). Sell them on going to these showcases (where they get a referal fee) than see who swims and who doesn't. Hysterical and sad. Instead have your kid make a video. Have your kid contact coaches directly. It is work but 100 times better than depending on a "big agency" or "advisor". And when you are cut loose at 18-19, what are your options. None, because you depended on someone else. If your kid really wants it, let them reach out to coaches and just tag along as your son's advisor. Agencies are the absolute worse. You can do everything yourself.

Tell us you're on the outside looking in without any real information, without admitting it.

That post was so naive and stupid I love it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:40 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:17 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:18 pm

You can't have an "agent" getting you deals. It is against NCAA rules. You realize you are communicating with multiple posters?
Not true, our son plays in the BCHL, the team gave him skates at 80% off, when he committed the offer was presented to our son but negotiated beforehand with the family representative and in the summer when our son and other players his age go to the agency's summer clinics or skates they get free stuff including sticks I will trust the agency's opinion over yours if that's okay.
Go ahead. Trust the agency. I am just making you aware that you have to be super careful about the difference between an agent and advisor. And never ever trust the agent or advisor without doing your own research. Go to the NCAA Eligibility Center and do your homework. I have seen too many parents/kids misled or given bad advice.
Big difference between an agency that you pay and one that is free. The free one definitely has your child best interest as the paid one only wants the money and your child comes after you paid.
Stop! Is this satire? An agency that is free? Tell us more. Why would an agency work for free? Too funny.
Yup I just checked and we never paid one cent, oh no you paid to have an advisor.....sucker, they get paid IF you son signs a pro contract, therefore they have an incentive to help out the players. I hope you did move to pay too much
If you have an agreement with an "agent", you are NCAA ineligible. Whether paid or not. Verbal or otherwise. Your kid is just one of many in these "agencies". i'll say it again. No one needs an advisor. Let your kid do the work and parents help out. It takes time. That is all it takes.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:57 pm

Oh no don't tell me you went with the agency that works out of his mom's basement, the big agencies don't charge but the downside they have a lot of players at the 15-17 year old range and weed out players at 18 and up. If you are not a top half player in the CHL or are not committed by 18-19 they cut you loose.
You realize how bad that sounds. This is what those big agencies do. Corral a bunch of kids (say 50). Sell them on going to these showcases (where they get a referal fee) than see who swims and who doesn't. Hysterical and sad. Instead have your kid make a video. Have your kid contact coaches directly. It is work but 100 times better than depending on a "big agency" or "advisor". And when you are cut loose at 18-19, what are your options. None, because you depended on someone else. If your kid really wants it, let them reach out to coaches and just tag along as your son's advisor. Agencies are the absolute worse. You can do everything yourself.

Tell us you're on the outside looking in without any real information, without admitting it.

You really think the "agent" cares about your kid? He is only useful to him, until he isn't and then you are adrift. Dude, teach your kid to advocate for themselves. And instead of posting nonsense, maybe do a little research and help your kid out with Plans B, C and D.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:34 pm

You really think the "agent" cares about your kid? He is only useful to him, until he isn't and then you are adrift. Dude, teach your kid to advocate for themselves. And instead of posting nonsense, maybe do a little research and help your kid out with Plans B, C and D.
This is true according to whom exactly? Your level of naivete is truly spectacular!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:26 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:02 am
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:48 am
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:17 am
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:10 am
Guest wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:41 pm There was a BCHL poster who said their sons agent gets skates at 50pct off. If you have an agent and u get a perk then the NCAA may have an issue. You don't want that. So make sure u have an advisor and not an agent.
Meh, who cares, maybe it's against the rules, maybe not. I'd side on the parent who is all in with his son, than someone on the outside looking in any day.

Why don't you address the fact that HC and the CHL go against your "holy grail" rule and select kids that are 16, 17 and sometimes 15 to move away from home? Are you a hypocrite or were you just running your mouth?

Why are prep schools any different, as you have no problem with a 12 year old moving away!! I'm sure you have in-depth and knowledge that is vast and without challenge in this regard right. Or is it merely your low level opinion.....again.
A 12 year old going to prep means they are in a structured environment and in school. Most kids who are borders are much older than 12 btw. Not a fan of a 15 year old living far away from home to play hockey. whether CHL or whatever. HC doesn't force you. You still have the choice not to go.

Ah yea so a "head mistress" is ok, but a billet family is frowned upon. All that "parenting" in a boardng school is somehow better.

So you denounce the BCHL for wanting access to 16 and 17 year olds, but it's ok for HC to do it through the CHL. TAre you insinuating that the BCHL forces families to billet their their sons?

You're nothing but a hypocrite.
Why are you so insecure about opposing views. And what did HC ever do to you that made you so bitter?

You are the one insecure about HC, you blindly defend them while I support the BCHL who offers a "competing " option your insecurity is drillong off of you. Bitter, ahahahaha my son made Jr. A, with the help of private development, despite the lack luster product of HEO. I'm happy, you though Karen, are full of negatively towards the CCHL and HC. However you feel you need to defend HC, so you declares the BCHL's move to get access to younger players a black mark against them. However your beloved HC does the same, so you suck and blow, and do so while throwing another temper tantrum.

It's embarrassing.

I guess when you're on the outside looking such as you Karen, lashing out is all you got.

Post by Guest »

How's that working out for you? We were never forced by the agency to go to any showcases, only thing my son has to do but not mandatory is go to the summer development sessions (free) long on to zoom calls every two months with all of the clients (free) and that's pretty much it. Not sure what agency you had dealings with but they are not all the same. We had the choice and our son decided who he wanted to work with and so far so good. He speaks to his family advisor once a week just a what's up kind of thing. They did the negotiations with his commitment and you would think that the agency or school would know if that's a no no. Do a bit more research and stop being envious. Also don't pay for anything.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:34 pm

How's that working out for you? We were never forced by the agency to go to any showcases, only thing my son has to do but not mandatory is go to the summer development sessions (free) long on to zoom calls every two months with all of the clients (free) and that's pretty much it. Not sure what agency you had dealings with but they are not all the same. We had the choice and our son decided who he wanted to work with and so far so good. He speaks to his family advisor once a week just a what's up kind of thing. They did the negotiations with his commitment and you would think that the agency or school would know if that's a no no. Do a bit more research and stop being envious. Also don't pay for anything.
What commitment did he get? NCAA? If your kid is trying to go pro and the CHL route. You can have an agent since that disqualifies you from the NCAA route anyways. The agent thing is an issue if you want to play NCAA.

Nothing is ever free. Advisors are a mixed bag on their own. All I am saying is that your kid can do a lot of the work on their own. Coaches prefer to talk to the player directly and hate dealing with advisors. Advisors double dip, they get referal money and they get your money. So there may be opportunities you miss out on.

Post by Guest »

Speaking of billeting. An situation developing with the Peterborough Petes. https://www.tsn.ca/chl/former-peterboro ... -1.2082086

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:02 am
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:34 pm

What commitment did he get? NCAA? If your kid is trying to go pro and the CHL route. You can have an agent since that disqualifies you from the NCAA route anyways. The agent thing is an issue if you want to play NCAA.

Nothing is ever free. Advisors are a mixed bag on their own. All I am saying is that your kid can do a lot of the work on their own. Coaches prefer to talk to the player directly and hate dealing with advisors. Advisors double dip, they get referal money and they get your money. So there may be opportunities you miss out on.

Misinformation

Top agents are free. Bottom en agents and family advisors aren't. You know that right?

Having an agent doesn't remove your NCAA eligibility

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:54 pm Speaking of billeting. An situation developing with the Peterborough Petes. https://www.tsn.ca/chl/former-peterboro ... -1.2082086

How many Hockey Canada scandals would you like me to list? What about their current scandal worth hush money paid to a Not allowed victim. All CHL players involved.

Not Allowed scandals, hmm should we get in those involving teachers and priests?

Just sayin