2010 GTHL AA West

Re: 2010 GTHL AA West

Post by Guest »

If a coach says his team is “full” but has tryouts can I still have my kid show up and skate at that tryout.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:34 am If a coach says his team is “full” but has tryouts can I still have my kid show up and skate at that tryout.
Why not. Go for it.

Post by Guest »

👍🏻

Thanks very much.

Appreciate it

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:34 am If a coach says his team is “full” but has tryouts can I still have my kid show up and skate at that tryout.
Are you still looking for a spot? Why don't go to tryout with team that needs a player?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:44 am
Are you still looking for a spot? Why don't go to tryout with team that needs a player?
Associations mandate each team has a tryout no matter what. If the coach says the team is full, you can go skate but you won't be seriously considered, he views it as extra ice time for his rostered team. This person is correct, skate with teams with a spot available as a priority.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:06 pm Any teams in the Canlan tourney this weekend?
NYK team (Direction Hockey) won the tourney.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:43 am
Associations mandate each team has a tryout no matter what. If the coach says the team is full, you can go skate but you won't be seriously considered, he views it as extra ice time for his rostered team. This person is correct, skate with teams with a spot available as a priority.
Thanks. I'm going to make a few more calls this week. We were skating with the Rattlers but based on the last skate over the weekend it seems the better players have all committed to other teams. I don't want to put my son through a team which will have more losses than wins.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:54 am
Thanks. I'm going to make a few more calls this week. We were skating with the Rattlers but based on the last skate over the weekend it seems the better players have all committed to other teams. I don't want to put my son through a team which will have more losses than wins.
Go where he'll get the best development. Half the teams will have more losses than wins, and the teams with winning records are most likely not looking for players at this point. Not the time to be picky, my advice would be take the Rattlers spot if your son in fact has a spot there.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:04 am
Go where he'll get the best development. Half the teams will have more losses than wins, and the teams with winning records are most likely not looking for players at this point. Not the time to be picky, my advice would be take the Rattlers spot if your son in fact has a spot there.
I believe Sharks (1-2 spots) and Wolverines (1 spot) are still looking. I would imagine Panthers also but not sure that's a good option for anyone. These are the only teams I know. There are likely others.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:04 am
Says the coach or parent...