Re: 2010 GTHL AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:41 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:29 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:45 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:00 am
Guest wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:46 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:45 pm

Calling a school that hasn't even been sanctioned yet a legit hockey school is funny. Might as well add St Mikes and Crescent to the mix is you're just going to pretend every private school that offers hockey is legit.....

SAC is the only true answer. Everest had a chance but having minor hockey coaches run most of the school is a recipe for disaster as they will have other intentions of course.
I’m sorry SAC stinks until varsity unless the junior and senior teams are just not good right now. I watched crestwood beat sac 14-4 the other day and crestwood only has like 4 09 DMF kids and a 08 from JRC. On the other rink st mikes beat sac 7-4 and that is a mix of aaa and aa players. They say don’t drive a car in the first year of production because of all the kinks need to be worked out. UCC prep will be average hockey and not a place for development. But you get good schooling. Everest on the other hand zero education but lots of hockey. Gotta love Canadians for thinking something is always broken and has to be fixed. News flash don’t experiment with your kids future
You get the same schooling at UCC as you would at your average public school. The public systems guideline's and assessments are not lower just because you are paying 35k+ for private education.
The hockey will take years to get anywhere near a AAA level.

I think you nailed it by saying “don't experiment with your child's future”
UCC is an IB school. IB is the same everywhere it is taught.
Yes if the guidelines of how its being delivered are met.
The public sector has positions in the board to make sure each teacher is following the curriculum.

Very rarely is this the case in any private school for a number of reasons, the big one being they dont want to pay someone 100k+ a year to over see this.
Everest is a IB school, you really think the programs being delivered properly by non OCT “teachers” wake up.

I know peoples kids who go to UCC, if they complain about a grade the school is very quick to change it. Its a business at the end of the day.

If you dont work in education do not comment.

They have money and their kids are playing on bottom AAA teams or have to go down to AA. Wtf you think their going to do. UCC is their only option!

If they think there getting better education as part of it than let them think that. The schools do a very good job at selling the parents on why 30 grand is worth it.

Next
UCC and SAC have other benefits aside from the hockey that will probably help kids in the future. Sure its 30K but those connections can be a huge bonus when our 13 years olds grow up and have to enter the real world. Doubt any of those kids are gonna grow up and be hockey coaches lol

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:27 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:25 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:13 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:50 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:55 am
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:24 am

No, my son was. Enough is enough you bullies
TM shit show continues and it’s going to blow up
My son can’t stand it anymore and decided to stay home rather than play for those d*kheads yesterday. We’ve been loyal to them and this is how they treat our family. Imagine.
I wish we did the same.
Lots of kids choosing to do that this time of year. There’s a few on each team. I cant wait for this season to be over, for most of us it will be on monday TFG.
But why are we teaching our kids it's okay to quit? You tried out for whatever team you play for, you accepted a position to play, which could have been given to other kids. And then when the season isn't going as expected or the way you want it to you let them quit on their team and teammates.

No matter how bad it gets kids should stick it out until the end.
Shouldn't coaches stick it out till the end as well. Having skates for next years team instead of focusing on the current team...good or bad...you have a job to coach the team you have. kids quitting on teams is equivalent to coaches looking to build next year's team instead of focusing on this year's team.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:49 pm

My son can’t stand it anymore and decided to stay home rather than play for those d*kheads yesterday. We’ve been loyal to them and this is how they treat our family. Imagine.
I wish we did the same.
Lots of kids choosing to do that this time of year. There’s a few on each team. I cant wait for this season to be over, for most of us it will be on monday TFG.
But why are we teaching our kids it's okay to quit? You tried out for whatever team you play for, you accepted a position to play, which could have been given to other kids. And then when the season isn't going as expected or the way you want it to you let them quit on their team and teammates.

Shouldn't coaches stick it out till the end as well. Having skates for next years team instead of focusing on the current team...good or bad...you have a job to coach the team you have. kids quitting on teams is equivalent to coaches looking to build next year's team instead of focusing on this year's team.
Bingo. Nail hit on head.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:24 am

No, my son was. Enough is enough you bullies
I wish we did the same.

Do you endure a toxic environment or quit/leave?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:25 pm

UCC is sanctioned next start of next season moron.
Calling a school that hasn't even been sanctioned yet a legit hockey school is funny. Might as well add St Mikes and Crescent to the mix is you're just going to pretend every private school that offers hockey is legit.....

SAC is the only true answer. Everest had a chance but having minor hockey coaches run most of the school is a recipe for disaster as they will have other intentions of course.
I’m sorry SAC stinks until varsity unless the junior and senior teams are just not good right now. I watched crestwood beat sac 14-4 the other day and crestwood only has like 4 09 DMF kids and a 08 from JRC. On the other rink st mikes beat sac 7-4 and that is a mix of aaa and aa players. They say don’t drive a car in the first year of production because of all the kinks need to be worked out. UCC prep will be average hockey and not a place for development. But you get good schooling. Everest on the other hand zero education but lots of hockey. Gotta love Canadians for thinking something is always broken and has to be fixed. News flash don’t experiment with your kids future
You get the same schooling at UCC as you would at your average public school. The public systems guideline's and assessments are not lower just because you are paying 35k+ for private education.

The public sector has positions in the board to make sure each teacher is following the curriculum.

Very rarely is this the case in any private school for a number of reasons, the big one being they dont want to pay someone 100k+ a year to over see this.
Everest is a IB school, you really think the programs being delivered properly by non OCT “teachers” wake up.

I know peoples kids who go to UCC, if they complain about a grade the school is very quick to change it. Its a business at the end of the day.

Education...B and C students with money run thr world and A students work for them!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:25 pm

UCC is sanctioned next start of next season moron.

In the IB world, the final exam is worth 100% of your grade. All IB exams are marked externally.....in another country or at the very least another part of the country. All IB examiners have to sign off on a waiver stating any kind of conflict of interest they may have and stating any family members they have currently in IB in any part of the world. You need to upgrade your knowledge base.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:15 am

In the IB world, the final exam is worth 100% of your grade. All IB exams are marked externally.....in another country or at the very least another part of the country. All IB examiners have to sign off on a waiver stating any kind of conflict of interest they may have and stating any family members they have currently in IB in any part of the world. You need to upgrade your knowledge base.
that being said, not all the kids at UCC are in IB

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:54 am

I wish we did the same.

If it’s so toxic you should do the right thing and let the right people know. Hockey is a joke in Ontario and unless the victims start taking some action it will only get worse.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:15 am

I wish we did the same.

If it’s so toxic you should do the right thing and let the right people know. Hockey is a joke in Ontario and unless the victims start taking some action it will only get worse.
Who are you going to tell? The owners? They didn’t care they just want to see 17 jerseys filled every year.
The league won’t do anything either.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:26 am
Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:15 am

I wish we did the same.

Who are you going to tell? The owners? They didn’t care they just want to see 17 jerseys filled every year.
The league won’t do anything either.
No but we as parents need to teach our kids how to deal with toxic environments. Let's get real they live in the real world they will be in toxic situations their whole lives, you don't think school can be toxic for some kids? They won't have the opportunity to quit and walk away all the time.